Warning: Spoilers Off applies to these pages. Proceed at your own risk.
- Any scene with Jiang Yanli, Wei Wuxian, and Jian Cheng. They always are there for each other and any problems they have usually is solved with their big sisters famous soup.
- Lan Wangji smiles when Wei Wuxian shows him the rabbits he painted on their lantern.
- They both make the same oath as they release the lantern - to help people and live a life without regrets.
- Wei Wuxian giving Jiang Cheng the assurance he needed after the latter expresses his insecurities about being The Unfavorite who's Always Second Best. Jiang Cheng still tries to act like a grump after that, but you can clearly see that his spirits got lifted.
- Only in the drama, but when regaining his golden core, Jiang Cheng has a dream where both his parents were happy and dearly loved their children, including Wei Wuxian whom they treated as a son.
- Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji meet in Nightless City, when A-Yuan clings to Lan Wangji's leg, for the first time in several months after Wei Wuxian took the Wen Remnants to Burial Mounds. They act like a family. Lan Wangji buys a toy for A-Yuan, they sit together for a meal, A-Yuan gives Wei Wuxian a spoon of his food which he eats with a grin, etc.
- A-Yuan definitely brightens up Wei Wuxian's day as he is very playful with the boy when he's working. Saying he'll bury him in the dirt so he'll grow and they'll have more children running around. When A-Yuan asks if he could have siblings, Wei Wuxian promises him he'll grow him some sisters and brothers.
- While this example counts more as tragic, there's a moment that stands out. During the Nightless City attack, Wei Wuxian goes nearly insane with grief and anger and starts attacking all the cultivation clans gathered there... except for the Jiang Sect. And while Jiang Cheng is conflicted on whether to defend his brother or not, at the very least he doesn't seem to hold any intent of attacking him either.
- Wei Wuxian immediately jumping down from the building and using his powers to make sure none of the soldiers hurt his sister as she tries to look for him.
- It's more bittersweet than anything else, but unlike in the novel where Wei Wuxian died thinking that Lan Wangji hated him, the series has Wei Wuxian have the reassurance in his last moments that despite everything, there was at least one person who didn't hate him.
- Although the context for it is still saddening, when Wei Wuxian dies for the first time, he goes out with a placid smile on his face.
- In Episode 1, Wei Wuxian notices the cloud patterns on Lan Sizhuis robes and is immediately reminded of Lan Wangji. Later, when Wei Wuxian plays "Wuji" on his leaf, Lan Sizhui recognizes it. Whether it was Lan Wangji or Wei Wuxian who played it for him remains to be seen, its heartwarming to realize that the song meant something to his guardian to the point of potentially being a lullaby.
- If Lan Wangji humming to Wei Wuxian wasn't romantic enough in the novel and the other adaptations, The Untamed ups the ante by playing a montage of almost every interaction the pair has had before that point.
- In episode 36, Wei Wuxian gently tends to and cares for the drunk Lan Wangji. He carries him to bed, supporting his head, and tucks him in.
- That Lan Wangji is and stays drunk in the first place, next to other reasons, also implies he trusts Wei Wuxian.
- During Lan Wangji's drunken mischief, while Wei Wuxian gets a bit exasperated, he never shouts at and patiently looks after him, gently cajoling him to leave. He even adds his own name next to Lan Wangji's which the man carved on a wooden pillar. The implication, next to his own mischievous nature, is that if word gets out, both of them will face embarrassment, not only Lan Wangji.
- Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji share a Held Gaze when they spot each other at the night market although they saw each other shortly ago. And they buy the latern with the painted on rabbits - one similar to the one they released when they were both disciples and swore their oath.
- Wei Wuxian gives the lantern to Lan Sizui.
- Lan Wangji's soft look when Wei Wuxian reminisces openly how they met in Nightless City and they ate together with A-Yuan. This is the opposite of what Wei Wuxian does in episode 35 where he claims he doesn't remember ever saying to Lan Wangji that he would carry him.
- Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji hiding in a house that just so happens to be Mianmian's, who's now Happily Married and has a daughter. The duo hear the family talk, and their expressions soften and brighten when they hear how Mianmian taught her daughter that the Yiling Patriarch is not evil. This is more meaningful when you remember that almost all the cultivators and non-cultivators hold the opposite opinion. Even if Wei Wuxian is seen as the world's enemy, there are still the few who do know of his good deeds and will honor him.
- Wen Ning and Lan Sizhui reunite, the latter remembering how his uncle took care of him as a toddler. They take time to catch up with each other.
- Jiang Cheng confronting Wei Wuxian over his golden core will still break your heart, but The Untamed does manage to make it a bit more uplifting by having Wei Wuxian approach Jiang Cheng and give him a pat on the shoulder while wiping his tears for him — none of which he did in the novel. Even if everything between them has changed too much for them to be like how they were in the past, they at least know that the other has no more hard feelings and that they truly wish the best for each other.
- Jin Ling getting mad at Jiang Cheng for pushing Wei Wuxian away, proving that he came so far from the brat that would get mad at anyone who even so much as mentioned the man's name or defend him.
- Wei Wuxian and Lan Sizhui's reunion in the finale, where the younger boy tells Wei Wuxian that he remembers who he was before hugging him. Nobody will blame you if you end up crying Tears of Joy with them.
- And Wei Wuxian reminisces again about the past, mentioning how A-Yuan also clung to Lan Wangji's leg when they met in Nightless City. It garners another soft look from Lan Wangji, who's clearly touched that Wei Wuxian does remember the moments they shared.
- After Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji part for an indeterminate time, Wei Wuxian stands atop a mountain and is playing Wuji, when a familiar voice speaks his name. He freezes, turns around- and smiles. Cue the ending.Lan Wangji: Wei Ying.
- In the special edition, the two don't part and Wei Wuxian ends up living at the Cloud Recess. In one scene they share together has them both playing Wangxian and the final shot has them standing near a waterfall side by side with smiles on their faces as the camera slowly pans away from them. Even more heartwarming? The final episode for the special edition was titled "Wangxian".