- Whenever Randy cheers on the "Big Guy" during a fight. While everybody but Nick seems to see Godzilla as a frightening monster, Randy thinks he's awesome and is almost as protective of the Big Guy as his adopted parent. Later on, you can occasionally see the rest of the team cheering or showing relief whenever Junior shows up.
- Despite the occasional clashing between Nick and Audrey over what's important at the moment (science and journalism, respectively), the scenes where they show concern for and reconcile with each other is equally heartwarming, especially for couples that are/have been in similar positions.
- S1E01 "New Family, Part 1": When the team (sans Monique, who hasn't joined yet) flee in terror from a juvenile Godzilla and hide inside their headquarters, Godzilla reacts as a faithful dog would: he scratches at the door, turns around a couple of times, and lays down with a sad whine. Daaawww...
- When Hicks and his platoon shows up to "take care of" Junior near the episode's climax, one can hear the desperate fear and sheer panic in Nick's voice at the thought of Godzilla being killed like his birth father, frantically ordering his "adopted son" to swim away. Much like how a parent/guardian would react on realizing that their child/ward's safety is at stake in an extremely dangerous situation.
- S1E04 "Talkin' Trash": After the Nanotech Creature's defeat, Nick immediately tells Godzilla to quickly get back into the water before Hicks' men could start shooting at him.
- S1E09 "Hive": Junior swims right next to H.E.A.T.'s dinghy as the volcano erupts, averting a No One Could Survive That!, which prompts a joyful - and relieved - Nick cheering happily.
- S1E11 "DeadLoch": Junior helps reunite Nessie with her baby.
- S1E15-17 "Monster Wars": Nick and Junior's relationship was put to the test when Cyber Godzilla makes his debut. However when Junior was gunned down by the warships, Nick rushed to his adopted son's aid and encouraged him to wake up and stay strong. His efforts were paid off as Junior responded to Nick's voice and mustered all his strength and prepared himself. Junior has made his decision. He'll defend his adopted family and what proceeded after was him giving the fake father a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown. Its heartwarming as it is awesome.
- S2E01 "Future Shock": Future Badass Mendel had programmed N.I.G.E.L.'s voice to mimic, of all people, Randy! Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other!
- S2E02 "Cash of the Titans": Once the team confirms that Godzilla's alive and in one of Spiel's holding pens, this line from Nick.Nick: Godzilla's always saving us. Time to return the favor.
- S2E04 "Protector": Despite being temporarily incapacitated by Norzzug's blinding sandstorm attack, Godzilla sticks a claw out just in time to shield the team from being crushed by a scaffolding tower that got knocked loose by Norzzug's wing.
- S2E05 "Freak Show": A subtle one. Hicks, of all people, asks if Godzilla is dead in a worried tone after Medusa severely dehydrates the Big Guy. When Hicks sees that Godzilla's too weak to move, he orders his tanks to push Godzilla into the reservoir so he can drink.
- What makes this truly heartwarming is that Hicks doesn't have to be asked; while H.E.A.T. are trying to think of what to do, Hicks just pulls out his radio and starts giving orders to help the big guy out.
- S2E13 "Lizard Season":One by one the Lizard Slayers were taken down by the combined efforts of the military, HEAT and Godzilla. The final piece de resistence was when Godzilla sensed his father inside one of the slayers and in danger. His answer: To take a bite out of the mecha's head and showed a Death Glare.
- S2E16 "Ring of Fire": Both father and son, one right after each other. Nick's determined look and resolute "I'll protect Godzilla" shows the level of his devotion to his adopted son. When Nick starts faking his distress, Godzilla was fighting the Fire Monster and barely hesitates before swatting the Fire Monster aside with his tail to rush to Nick the moment he heard his adopted father's voice. When the eventual nitroglycerin explosion dislodges Nick's safety line, really putting him in danger, Godzilla catches him with the top of his head. The following line pretty much seals it on showing how deep their parent-child bond goes.Nick: Knew I could count on ya.
Randy My point is, we're partners! And partners split everything, 50-50. Glory and responsibility.
- As Mendel struggles to guide a nitroglycerin-ladened and wrecked N.I.G.E.L. towards the Fire Monster all the while lamenting his decision and plan, Randy comes help despite the danger of also being blown up.
- S2E18 "The Ballad of Gens Du Marais": After Godzilla yanks back the Swamp Monster from the fish processing plant, he pokes his head through the roof to check on Nick, as if to say "Hey, Dad! You're okay!" Nick has a relieved smile on his face as well.
Heartwarming / Godzilla: The Series