13/13/13 is a 2013 horror movie by The Asylum. It follows an ex-cop named Jack who, after coming home from a fishing trip with his friends, finds his ex-wife trying to commit suicide by scratching away all of the skin on her arm. He rushes her off to the hospital and things get worse. It seems that today is 13/13/13 as a result of leap year and the world has gone crazy. Jack, and a woman he meets, Candice, seem to be the only ones not affected. Now, Jack needs to fight his way through this world of crazy people to find his daughter, Kendra, and save her.
This film provides examples of:
- Birthday Buddies: Jack and Candice were both born on Leap Year, and are The Immune because of this.
- Covers Always Lie: The scene on the cover doesn't happen. The tagline and the blurb refer to demons that never show up in the plot.
- Creepy Child: When we first see Kendra, she's playing with a bug which she then crushes and eats.
- Death of a Child: Not only are the children apparently the first to get violent, but we see several dead bodies of children scattered throughout the scenes.
- "Double, Double" Title: 13/13/13.
- Downer Ending: The only two people unaffected in the film are Jack and Candice. Jack dies.
- Enfante Terrible: The effect, whatever it is, affects children first according to Candice.
- Hate Plague: Most people seem to be suffering from this, moving from annoyance to murderous rage in seconds.
- The Immune: Jack and Candice share a birthday in common, February 29th of a leap year. They are the only two non-affected people in the film.
- The Mockbuster: Of The Crazies (2010)
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: The second encounter the viewer has with Kendra has her accusing Trevor of being a pedophile, swearing like a soldier, and then propositioning him.