The Bloody Video Horror That Made Me Puke on My Aunt Gertrude is a 1989 American horror film.
A guy rents some equipment from a video store for one thing and one thing only: Making snuff films! He returns the equipment on time and it looks like he's gonna get away scot-free. However, there's one problem: He left the tape in the camera. Now, he has to go on a quest to get it back, and kill anybody who stands in his way.
This film contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Hasan Asid, the Snuff Film director.
- False Friend: Hasan, in his quest to kill Ramon for knowing too much, acts really friendly towards his target.
- Fan Disservice: The first scene has full-frontal female nudity, but the woman gets murdered while naked.
- Framing the Guilty Party: In the end, after killing Hasan, Ramon pretends be him and phones the police to turn himself in, making his self defense killing of Hasan look like a suicide.
- Good All Along: William the loan shark is revealed to be an undercover cop. Unfortunately, this is revealed after he's murdered by Ramon, who thought he was gonna kill him.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- Greater-Scope Villain: There is a crime boss mentioned, and one of his goons harasses Ramon's boss into paying a loan, but the boss himself never shows up.
- He Knows Too Much: Hasan gets his tape back fairly early into the film, but he ends up pursuing Ramon because he thinks he saw the tape's contents.
- Long Title
- Murderer P.O.V.: Hasan's POV shots are done with a fish-eye camera.
- Hasan describes his snuff films as like a pornographic version of Faces of Death. Would be a Take That!, if it weren't for the fact that Faces of Death markets itself as a simulated snuff film.
- The character Joe Cartwright is explicitly noted as having the same name as a Bonanza character.
- A Les Misérables poster is seen in the background of one scene.
- Viewers Are Morons: The film takes the time to explain to the viewer what a Snuff Film is, despite the fact that the low-budget horror fans that would watch this probably know what one is already.
- Villain Opening Scene: Hasan killing a woman for his film.