A 1986 movie about BMX racing, complete with a heavy amount of '80s slang, hairdos, and music. It stars a racer named Cru, who must choose between a qualifying spot on the upcoming Helltrack BMX race and his SATs toward college, both of which take place on the same day.
This film provides examples of:
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The Mongoose Bicycling Company CEO is pretty mcuh pure evil and rigs the bike races to promote his own riders.
- The '80s: Fashions, slang and BMX racing. It's impossible to get any more 80s.
- Falling-in-Love Montage: Between Cru and Christian as they go have a day in the woods, throw rocks, and slide into a lake fully clothed.
- Flipping the Bird: Everyone who's seen the film remembers Ray Walston flipping off the CEO.
- Long List: The announcer of the big race spends about two minutes of screen time listing the names, home towns and racing teams of every single racer.
- Totally Radical: Need we say more? Hell, it's even in the title!