A 2001 CBS Made-for-TV Movie directed by Jace Alexander that has Theatre producer Jenifer Estess (Laura San Giacomo) getting diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease, and the mission she and her sisters take to find a cure.
Tropes for the film:
- Actor Allusion: Rob Morrow, who starred as Dr. Fleischman in Northern Exposure, plays one of the doctors.
- Based on a True Story: The story of Jenifer Estess, a theatre producer who was diagnosed with ALS, which kills her two years after the movie was made.
- Character Title: Jenifer Estess.
- Disappeared Dad: The sisters' father left the family when they were kids.
- Foregone Conclusion: Jenfier was alive at the time the movie is made but ALS is fatal and she later died in 2003 after her battle with the disease.
- Heroic B So D: Jenifer breaks down in her sister's arms when the reality of her ultimately fatal diagnosis starts to hit her.
- Mononymous Biopic Title
- One-Word Title: Jenifer.