DarkWolf is a 2003 American horror movie.
A werewolf is on a rampage in his search for the next werewolf matriarch, a young waitress by the name of Josie. Meanwhile, a werewolf hunter comes along to protect her and save the world from a dark age where the Dark Wolf will reign supreme.
Tropes featured in this work:
- Antagonist Title: The Dark Wolf is the villain of this feature.
- Artistic License Biology: The half-breed Dark Wolf hope to make pureblood werewolf babies by mating with the pureblood werewolf matriarch, which would be pretty much impossible in real life.
- Asshole Victim: Downplayed. Tom was shown to be possessive of Josie and overreacted when he saw her speaking with Turley, but his death was a little extreme.
- Badass Biker: What the Dark Wolf looks like in his human form. And hes played by Kane Hodder.
- Conspicuous CG: The werewolf transformations, and the scenes where the Dark Wolf starts running. Not that the practical effects are that much better.
- Cute Monster Girl: Mid-transformation, Josie resembles this.
- Dark Is Evil: Well, hes called the Dark Wolf and hes the villain whose goal is to bring in a new age for purebred werewolves.
- The End... Or Is It?: Josie shoots the Dark Wolf in the eye with a silver bullet like she was supposed to ... but when his body is next shown in the morgue, he opens his remaining eye.
- Eye Scream: The only way to kill the Dark Wolf is a silver bullet through the eye. Although he seems just fine when he wakes up in the morgue.
- Fanservice: There is a prolonged nude photoshoot scene with Stacy and Anna that showcases full frontal and rear nudity, and it gets pretty hot and heavy. And theres also the strip club sequence at the beginning.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Wayne and Miguel seem to take a more than casual interest in watching Anna and Stacy get it on.
- Ms. Exposition: Mary gives out a lot of detail on the different werewolf breeds, as well as the Dark Wolfs plot to drive them to extinction, with humanity to follow shortly.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: The beginning implies that the Dark Wolf, like every other werewolf, is forcibly changed during a full moon. But when he storms into the police station, he seems to be capable of transforming at will.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Theres werewolf hybrids, which the Dark Wolf is. And then theres the Dark Wolf himself, a dark prince whose goal is to mate with the next werewolf matriarch so that he can usher in a new race of purebred Dark Wolves that will overrun the rest of the werewolf breeds, and humanity with them. He can only be killed (or perhaps not) by a silver bullet through the eye. As for the rest of the werewolves, they have to be exposed to the full moon during their first transformation, or theyll be lost in the limbo between werewolf and human forever.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Its the first show that a werewolf is about to transform.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Mary carries an ancient book that has everything to know about werewolves.
- Waistcoat of Style: Turley wears a black coat with red lining that looks somewhat like that of Blades.
- Waking Up at the Morgue: The movie ends this way, with the Dark Wolf having survived his supposedly mortal injury.