Barcelona: A Love Untold is a 2016 Philippine romance drama film, directed by Olivia Lamasan, starring Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla. The film was produced and released by Star Cinema and was released on September 14, 2016.
It follows Mia (Bernardo), a Filipino expatriate in Spain trying to escape her past. There, she is helped by a young architecture student, Ely (Padilla), who is dealing with grief. The fact that Mia is an Identical Stranger to his deceased girlfriend doesn't help.
Barcelona: A Love Untold provides examples of:
- Arc Words: Hindi ako si Celine. (Im not Celine.) Mias words of simple irritation at first, until Elys paralyzing grief over Mias dead Identical Stranger poses a serious problem to the trajectory of their relationship.
- Identical Stranger: The trailers make no secret of Mias uncanny resemblance to Celine, Elys girlfriend who was tragically murdered young. This leads to her Arc Words.
- The Lost Lenore: Celine to Ely. The Gory Discretion Shot of her death lingers on the picture of Ely she had as her phone background.
- Reality Has No Subtitles: Mias lack of Spanish-language fluency is used by Ely to prove his point about how difficult being an Overseas Filipino Worker is.
- Worthless Foreign Degree: An unfortunate Truth in Television that tends to be worse for OFWs than it is for other types of migrant workers. One of them even graduated as cum laude, but had to start cleaning abroad to provide for his family.