The story begins 2 years after Syaoran left Tomeda when a mysterious pair of twins that call themselves "The Dark Ones", Eron and Erika Chang arrived to Seijou Middle school and Sakura encounters a dark force known as The Knife. From then on, Sakura and her friends begins to unravel the secrets of the past, their parents, and the property of magic. In the meantime, Sakura's relationship with the entire cast, especially Syaoran will be put to the test.
Famous for being a massive Door Stopper (At almost 2 million words), the story tends to update up to twice a year with each chapter spanning around tens of thousands of words.
The fan fiction provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: It may be painful to hear that the one you love sees you as to most hated person in the world but even that is not as painful as when your loved one looked at you and is unable to remember who you are at all.
- Amnesiac Lover: After Sakura is left heartbroken when she desperately tries to reach out to Syaoran, she promptly decides to completely forget everything about Syaoran, succumbing herself to The Memory in the proccess.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Kai and Meiling on the exterior often proclaim how the other person is an annoying freeloader, how they dislike being with each other. But deep down, they really do love and look for each other.
- Brought Down to Normal: Syaoran by the end of Arc III following his power transfer to Sakura.
- Call-Back: Time and time again, Sakura and her friends often brought up the previous events whenever they can to remind the readers of consistency.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Syaoran saw Sakura angry at him with an incident 1 year ago, Syaoran believes she is talking about his screw-ups during the Valentine's day special but in fact, she meant about the power transfer he did a year ago.Sakura: Onii-chan told me everything. Why didn't you tell me? Why did you do it? All this time I didn't even know.Sakura: Silly, I'm not talking about the laundry!Syaoran: It's true. I ate the last chocolate cupcake in the refrigerator.
- Creepy Twins: The Chang twins starting from Eron and Erika.
- Does Not Like Guns: After seeing his adopted father Leon Reed gunned downed by the police, Kai despise using any firearms, preferring bows and arrows over handguns.
- Door Stopper: Easily exceeding all of Cardcaptor Sakura's fanfiction or any Shoujo mediums, fandom or not when it comes to words content.
- Driven to Suicide: Risa decides to commit suicide after having a miscarriage as a result of Hayasashi cheating on her.
- Et Tu, Brute?: How Ruichi clearly fells towards Mayura when the one remaining person he trusted ended up betraying him for the others to successfully put him down.
- Happy Ending Override: Both the anime and manga ended with Sakura managing to seal away all the cards and both her and Syaoran successfully confessing their feelings to each other before he depart from Tomoeda. Two years later however, a new threat has entered into Sakura's life with new cards to seal, Sakura and Syaoran's previous relationships and feelings from their childhood experience is flushed down the toilet to the point of reverting to a Last-Name Basis with each other, essentially having to restart their relationship again from scratch and this time, progressing in an incredibly rocky relationship.
- HeelFace Turn: Eron decides to join with Sakura's alliance of the stars after The Plague is sealed.
- I Owe You My Life: Kai becomes devoted to Sakura after she seals The Plague, essentially saving his mother's life.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: In addition to the original cast from Cardcaptor Sakura, New Trials features a lot of original characters that are just as or more fleshed out than the cast from the original universe.
- Locked Out of the Loop: While the other members of the Alliance are fully aware of Syaoran's power transfer to Sakura, she herself is unaware of this in order to prevent Sakura from returning her powers to Syaoran until Touya tells it to her face after she goads him into it. She is completely upset at everyone for hiding this fact.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Eron considers killing off Syaoran after his argument with Sakura at Von Nippon just so that he could have Sakura for himself.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Miho is annoyed at the fact that Kai would't let her date any boy that she wanted, fearing that she could date a boy that turned out to be a manipulative jerk.
- Original Character: The entire Chang clans including Eron and Erika, the Kaitou Magician and his little sister Miho as well as his former lover Kara, as well as the once-thought-to-be-deceased Leiyun, and that is just the main OC cast.
- Phantom Thief: Chapter 23 introduces Kaitou Magician, aka the top 20 most wanted criminal in the world who often manages to steal artifacts without leaving as to a scratch.
- The Plague: One of the Dark Forces that the Chang's released and is notorious for being one of the most dangerous ones encountered. Nadeshiko managed to seal it at the cost of reducing her current lifespan to 10 years while Sakura would have died sealing The Plague had Syaoran not transferring all of his powers to Sakura.
- Predecessor Villain: Ruichi Chang, the original Dark One whose tamper with the dark magic in an effort to resurrect his sister from suicide ended up causing him to became more and more corrupted. His death and soul would continue to haunt the Five Force generations to come. He is the reason why Eron and Erika exists to trouble the heroes.
- Reality Ensues: No Syaoran, just because you wanted to apologize because you made Sakura heartbroken for half a year when she desperately wants you back from Hong Kong doesn't mean she will easily forgive you at all for abandoning her during her moment of weakness.
- Refusal of the Call: Leon Reed, being too scared to fight, decides not to go to Japan and help the Five Force descendants from sealing The Plague after Ryota unleashed it. This unfortunately meant that The Plague can only be temporarily sealed inside their body, causing their lifespan to be significantly reduced.
- Relationship Upgrade: After months of misunderstanding and fighting throughout Arc IV, Sakura and Syaoran managed to finally reconcile after she realised that Syaoran gave up his powers to Sakura after sealing The Plague.
- Romantic False Lead: Eron for Sakura during the first half of arc IV as she tries to move on from her heartbreak in Hong Kong. They eventually broke up when Eron realises that he only likes Sakura for selfish reasons is far happier to be with Syaoran.