"The Legacy Of The Cursed Mask Series" is a series of InuYasha fan fictions created by OrionPax09, focusing on continuing the adventures of Michiru Kururugi (the Player Character of the InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask video game).
The Legacy Of The Cursed Mask Series comprises of the following stories (so far-posted in chronological order of creation, all links lead to the first chapter of each story on Fan Fiction Dot Net):
Legacy Of The Cursed Mask: Michiru's Return: "Three months have passed since Michiru Kururugi has returned from the Feudal Era, when he is reunited with InuYasha and Kagome in the modern world. Does the man they seek hold the key to the Shikon Jewel and the Bone-Eater's Well?"
Legacy Of The Cursed Mask: The Wolf Demon Crisis: "As Michiru and Kaname journey alongside InuYasha and the others, they learn of a brewing wolf-demon civil war! Can they stop this disaster before it begins?"
Legacy Of The Cursed Mask: Battle Across Time: "InuYasha, Michiru, Kaname, and all the others are faced with a new danger, one that ripples across time and into new worlds. With so much at stake and the ties that bind them already strained, can they survive what is to come, let alone triumph?"
Secret Of The Cursed Mask: Michiru's Journey: "Every story has a beginning. And for Michiru Kururugi, the story of his adventure begins here as he looks to unravel the secret of the cursed mask..."
The "Legacy Of The Cursed Mask" Series has the following Tropes:
- Brother-Sister Team: While it doesn't show in the prequel, Michiru and Kaname become one starting in Legacy of the Cursed Mask: Michiru's Return.
- Calling Your Attacks: Justified in that both Michiru and Kaname are dependent upon the magic of their Shikigami to fight effectively, and so have to cast spells to use their powers.
- Continuation Fic: To the InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask video game, with the sole exception of "Michiru's Journey" (which is a novelization of the game).
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Subverted Trope: although Kagome continues to sit InuYasha whenever he does something to anger her, neither Michiru nor Kaname approve of this and will even take steps to prevent her from doing so.
- Love Triangle: One forms between Sango, Michiru, and Miroku, and then eventually, we get another between InuYasha, Kaname, and Kagome.
- O.C. Stand-in: The Kururugi siblings; both Michiru (the "male" Player Character) and Kaname (the "female" Player Character).
- Shipper on Deck: InuYasha ships Michiru being with Sango, while Kagome supports Sango marrying Miroku.
- Keeping Secrets Sucks: Michiru is on the business end of this trope because he feels that he can't tell anyone about his magical abilities and his Feudal Era friends, including Kaname. Which makes things even worse when she not only sees him doing magic for the first time, but her own powers suddenly awaken, resulting in would-be mugger nearly being burned to death.
- Hate Sink: Toma, a wolf-demon challenging Koga for leadership, is completely bereft of any sort of redeeming factor whatsoever. He's incredibly arrogant, views anyone beneath him as being completely expendable, and he's also allied himself with Naraku in a bid for power.
- Man-Eating Plant: The first few chapters give us an interesting example; demonic grass, a type of plant that's basically a cross between grass and a vampire that is capable of impaling people and draining them to death.
- Odd Friendship: Koga has revealed to have formed such a friendship with the leader of a group of Demon Slayers.
- Ship Sinking: Kagome watches firsthand as the Miroku/Sango ship is sunk when Sango declares that she's in love with Michiru.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: InuYasha delivers an absolutely scathing one of these to Kagome.InuYasha: "Dammit...that's always the way with you, isn't it, Kagome?! I make a mistake, you get mad and start sitting me. I do something you don't like, and you attack me! You get mad about something you don't like, and you take it out me! You don't get your way, and you go outta your way to make things difficult for everyone else, just like the spoiled brat you are! And I'll just bet that this is the part where you run on back home and leave us all in the lurch! Am I right?! Well, go right ahead! I'm tired of trying to force some sense into that stupid head of yours! Run on back home, if that's what you want! I'm just glad that I have some friends who won't just skip out on me, just because things get a little tough!"
- Big "WHAT?!": Michiru unleashes this trope when Haruna (a Demon Slayer he has no romantic interest in whatsover) asks him to let her bear some of his children.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Sango sprouts an extra set of arms as a result of her transformation.
- Painful Transformation: Sango undergoes one of these as a result of Kasuga's Curse.