What if, instead of Rose Quartz leading Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, she led Peridot, Lapis, and Jasper? What if the personalities of Dipper and Mabel, as well as Steven and Connie, were swapped? What if Ford wasn't the twin that fell into the portal thirty years ago? Find out how magic and mystery unite in this alternate universe...
A Spin-Off of Universe Falls, Momswap Rises is a merging of two AUs - "Momswap", where Jasper, Lapis Lazuli, and Peridot are the three Crystal Gems who watch over Steven (Who's still the son of Rose Quartz), instead of Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, and "Gravity Rises", where Dipper and Mabel swap personalities (as well as Wendy and Robbie, plus several other characters on both sides of the AU), and Stan was sucked through the portal instead of Ford.
However, those arent the only changes to take place in this AU, something that becomes more and more apparent as time goes by...
Momswap Rises can be found here.
Tropes found in Momswap Rises include:
- Adaptation Personality Change: More than half the main and supporting cast are very different from their canon selves, due to the story's different circumstances (and just swapped personalities).
- Alternate Timeline: From the main Universe Falls series, obviously (for starters, the storyline takes place during winter instead of summer - it's stated in Chapter 1 that winter vacation takes the place of summer vacation as a three-month break here).
- Both Sides Have a Point: Lapis and Peridots argument in Chapter 2 has Peridot pointing out that Lapis is too busy goofing off to focus on work, while Lapis replies that Peridot is so focused on work that she neglects nearly everything else (such as the feelings of other people).
- Eye Beams: Mcgucket apparently decided to give his mechanical Gobblewonker these for some reason.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Steven and Connie have this dynamic.
- Nocturnal Mooks: Apparently, the more dangerous monsters in Gravity Falls dont come out till after dark.
- Noodle Incident: Something happened in the past that made all the mermaids in the lake less than fond of Lapis.
- Regularly Scheduled Evil: Apparently, theres a stampede of mutant sheep through Gravity Falls every five months.
- Stop Helping Me!: Dipper plays "bus games" in an attempt to amuse Mabel and himself during the trip to Gravity Falls. She's less than amused.
- Taken for Granite: The Monster of the Week of Chapter 3, the Kuroko, are subject to this at the end of said chapter.
- Tempting Fate: At the start of Chapter 1, Mabels response to Dipper saying that this vacation will be epic (unlike the last one) is Come on, Dip whatre the odds that something like thats ever going to happen? (You can probably guess).
Mabel: I'll tell you what; if I somehow get a crush on someone while we're in Gravity Falls, I'll do any chores you have for a week. Sound good?
- Shortly afterwards, Mabel says that romance is a waste of time. She gets a crush on Robbie after arriving in Gravity Falls.
- Whole Plot Reference: Steven and Mabel are both fans of what appears to be the In-Universe equivalent of Mass Effect.