The plot is a direct copy of Mamma Mia!, of course with songs by ABBA, with rearranged characters from all listed medias. In short, Pacifica Northwest is getting married to Dipper Pines with their wedding being planned by Violet Baudelaire, who owns a manor in Italy. Unbeknownst to her, Pacifica invited Violets ex-boyfriend Duncan Quagmire in an attempt to rekindle their romance.
Due to being a plot-rip of Mamma Mia!, it has musical numbers. Cringe-inducing as this is one of those stories a writer puts out simply because they have an idea. Also has terrible covers.
Main characters: Pacifica Northwest, Dipper Pines, Violet Baudelaire, Duncan Quagmire, Isadora Quagmire, Mabel Pines, Klaus Baudelaire, Quigley Quagmire, Charlotte, and Vendetta.
Tropes that apply to The Wedding:
- Aborted Arc: Charlotte is disappointed when Vendetta says she doesnt want to be in a relationship. This goes nowhere.
- Affectionate Nickname: Pacifica-Paz, Violet-Vi, Isadora-Izzie.
- Bad Liar: When Violet asks Duncan why hes in her manor, he says he is writing an article on Italian culture.
- Butt-Monkey: All the boys hitting on Isadora in Chapter Thirteen.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Pacifica lets it slip that Duncan arrived in an attempt to whisper the news to Isadora and Quigley.
- Composite Character: Mabel and Isadora fulfill the roles of Rosie and Tanya interchangeably. Klaus does so between Bill and Harry.
- Continuity Nod: All the ASOUE characters are the most consistent with their book counterparts by referencing their abilities.
- Dance Party Ending: The cast sings before a cheering crowd in the final chapter, out of universe, however.
- Everyone Can See It: Pacifica has a piece of hope that Violet and Duncan will reunite. She was right.
- Jukebox Musical: Just like Mamma Mia!
- Sarcasm Mode: When Isadora asks for clarification on Duncan being the reason Violet cried in Chapter Five. Violet is the one to invoke this.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: Duncan uses that opportunity to explain himself.
- Stag Party: Dipper has one, which later crashes Pacificas hen party.
- They Do: Dipper and Pacifica & Violet and Duncan.
- Title Drop: All the times they say wedding.
- Virgin in a White Dress: In a moment of Getting Crap Past the Radar, Pacifica mentions that Dipper wanted a pastel colored wedding, but instead got a white wedding, which Vendetta teases her about.
- Wedding Day: The whole story revolves around this.