One year after the events of the movie, Arendelle is suffering from a most unnatural drought. Some think that Elsa's ice magic is responsible. Or is it not? Unexpected visitors and dark secrets will threaten its very existence in this mystery/thriller.
Tropes featured in this story include:
- Almost Kiss: Once inside the ice palace, Elsa and John are about to kiss......only to be interrupted by a not-so-dead Hans saying, "Awww, how sweet."
- Back from the Dead: Hans survived the sinking of the ship that was taking him to a penal colony
- Berserk Button: The Duke of Weselton has become one to Elsa ever since he attempted to have her killed in the movie. In chapter 1, Elsa starts to go into a tirade when she's told the Duke is in town and wants to see her, until Olaf interrupts to add that the Duke has supplies. However, she finds that the Duke wants to her to basically sell Arendelle to him, and promptly declares him banished from Arendelle and orders Marshmallow to remove the Duke and his bodyguards.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: When Hans was being taken to a penal colony to serve his sentence, his mother accompanied him
- Heroic Sacrifice: Marshmallow makes one while trying to defend the castle against the frost trolls
- Hereditary Curse: When Anna and Elsa's great-great grandfather wiped out some frost trolls, the king of the frost trolls cursed the Arendelle royal family so that the firstborn child in each generation would be born with ice powers. This is the explanation behind Elsa's powers in this fanfic. Of course, while it does drastically affect the firstborn, it's noted that it also gave Anna and Elsa's father some minor powers, like the ability to control temperature and turn a hot drink ice-cold.
- It's All My Fault: Elsa blames herself and her powers for the drought that's affecting Arendelle
- Oh, Crap!: Elsa's reaction when she and John are in her ice palace on the North Mountain....and find Hans hiding there
- Police Brutality: After the frost trolls' attack, Elsa suspects that Prince John was the traitor who sold them out and has him thrown in the dungeons without giving a second thought while Kristoff takes her and a wounded Anna out to see Grand Pabbie. He's been severely beaten by guards when they get back.
- These Hands Have Killed: Elsa's reaction after she kills the frost trolls that tried to storm the castle.
- The Unperson: Anna and Elsa's aunt Inger, who their father had banished from Arendelle because of her inability to control the curse placed on the Arendelle family line. There are not many records of her
- Weather Dissonance: Arendelle is suffering from a drought.