The story details the events that had transpired after Star Craft 2: Legacy of the Void. It has been 2 years since the battle against Amon but since then, all three races have begun rebuilding and living in peace. However, a new chapter has begun as a mysterious portal appeared in Augustgrad allowing an army to come in. The Dominion, intrigued about this development sent in their forces to investigate the anomaly and found themselves in a world where fantasy became possible.
The fanfiction contains the following tropes:
- Adaptational Species Change: A non living example, the Special Region takes place in some part of the Galaxy rather than in another parallel world.
- Battle Couple: Jake and Rosemary.
- Beat: The team took some time to reveal themselves before Pina who wanted to hire them, ironically to attack their base.
- For Science!: When Abathur learned about the Special Region, he decided to send in a Leviathan to gather essence.
- For Want of a Nail:
- Unlike Itami, Rath provided Tuka the opportunity to kill the Flame Dragon that destroyed her village. With it, she got better after that.
- Also with the death of the Flame Dragon, her two off springs attack the Dark Elf Village.
- Delilah learns through the Dominion that Tyuule is Good All Along.
- Gunship Rescue: The Terran Vikings made short work of the Flame Dragon. The people of the Special Region dubbed them 'The Heavenly Swords'.
- Let's You and Him Fight: The team decided to have Rath and Rory duke it out upon entering Korhal.
- Magic Versus Science: So far, the Empire has been fighting the Dominion but it won't be long for the Zerg and Protoss to make their debut.
- Mind Manipulation: Rath used this to calm the Rose Knights.
- Oh, Crap!: Pina as she realized that the Dominion knows where the Empire lived.
- Spared By Adaptation: The Dark Elves that were killed-off by Flame Dragon in canon are alive in this adaptation thanks to the squad's experience and more advance technology.
- The Team: The main characters of the story comprised of Jake Ramsey who is The Leader, Rosemary Dahl, The Lancer, Shino Kuribayashi, The Big Guy, Mari Suzek, The Chick, Milo Kachinsky, The Smart Guy and Rath Nathaniel, The Sixth Ranger.
- Wham Episode:
- In Chapter 18, the Dominion starts systematically slaughtering all slavers and any other criminal scum to save any Dominion prisoners. The chapter ends with Valerian ordering a Vice City to be destroyed with a nuke and demanding the Empire to surrender otherwise more retribution will be brought upon them.