For the Last Time in Forever is a Frozen fanfic written by Wordmangler. It is written in First-Person, and serves as an alternate ending for the movie.
You can read it here. Warning! It's sad.
- Bittersweet Ending: The Snow Queen, a.k.a. Elsa, doesn't free her sister in the story, but the narrator's grandfather notes that she came very close that time.
- Crapsack World: Arendelle is stuck in an eternal winter, and has now been reduced to a fishing town that only few dare to live in.
- Downer Ending: For the movie.
- Endless Winter: Arendelle is now stuck in one.
- It can still be stopped, though. According to the narrator's grandfather, once a year, the Snow Queen gets the chance to thaw her sister's frozen heart. Once she has successfully done this, spring will return to Arendelle.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Elsa is only referred to as The Snow Queen.
- Hope Spot: Though she has failed to thaw Anna's frozen heart initially, Elsa the Snow Queen has a chance to thaw it each year on the anniversary of when it had happened. And according to the narrator's grandfather, she gets closer with every passing year.
- No Name Given: The narrator is never given an actual name.
- Title Drop:"One day, perhaps many, many years from now, she will finally be able to. But until that day comes, it is our family's fate to come here and create this guide once a year, on the anniversary of that long-ago night when the two princesses played together for the last time in forever."