In the year 2000, an event known as Second Impact changed the world forever. Now, 15 years later three young EVA pilots must shoulder the burden of protecting humanity with the aid of the humanoid, bio-mechanical Evangelions and four young huntresses in training.
Let's try that again.
Ruby Rose and her companions are casually walking down the street. Weiss is annoyed that they're lost, and the team soon find themselves facing a monster they have never seen before. After foolishly assaulting the angel head on, Ruby finds awakens to find herself being transported to a mysterious place called NERV with her friends. They're introduced to Shinji and Misato and Shinji is introduced to the bio-mechanical creature called Evangelion. The subsequent plot closely follows the 1995-96 anime with some deviations. The pilots' interactions with Team RWBY cause them to progress in a different manner than canon, and along the way, Team RWBY discovers some surprises.The fanfic can be found here (note that the fanfic is a work in progress and still being updated. Please be wary of unmarked spoilers; both for the fanfic and for the original source materials.)
Needs some Wiki Magic.
This fanfic provides examples of the following tropes:
- Accidental Pervert: Shinji discovers Pen-Pen and screams. Ruby, not knowing the full situation, runs out to lend aid and gets a full view of Shinji's naked body.
- Ace Pilot: How Asuka passes herself off. How much of it is genuine is left ambiguous (for now anyways).
- Adapted Out: Several angel fights are only discussed or briefly alluded to (most notably Sachiel, Gaghiel, and Iruel).
- After the End: Just as in the original anime, this is set 15 years of the second impact.
- Ambiguously Gay: After spending time swimming in the pool together, Rei tells Ruby that she loves her, leaving Ruby flustered and embarrassed. Later, Word of God clarified that Rei's sexual orientation was muddled due to the artificial nature in which she was created.
- Ambiguously Human: Rei tells team RWBY that she has a human form, but is unsure of whether or not she is actually human.
- Beach Episode: The characters visit a hot-spring much like in the show (though with much less Fanservice)
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Weiss does this briefly (also counts as Biting-the-Hand Humor):Weiss: Who writes this crap?
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Asuka apparently has previous experience masturbating, though it always makes her feel disgusted. She struggles to keep herself from doing it to relieve stress the night before the battle with Israfel.
- Demoted to Extra: The three classmates from the series have only appeared twice at the most.
- Emotionless Girl: Rei, at first. Her interactions with Ruby give her motivation to come out of her shell.
- Eye Beams: Unit-01 shoots white beams of light from it's eyes during a berserk incident with Ruby inside. Later it's explained that this was caused by Ruby's silver eyes.
- Fanservice: Minimal, for the most part. However, in the chapter "Tsabisu! Tsabisu!", the four young girls try on rather skimpy swimsuits. None of them are amused. Later, Asuka brings home one of those same swimsuits to take on a class field trip (that she doesn't get to go on) And let's not forget the trip to the hot-spring
- Heroic BSoD: Ruby gets hit with this after hearing the extent of Asuka's hatred for her mother. Yang later snaps her out of it.
- Precision F-Strike: A few:Asuka: Dammit! Why won't this thing die?Yang: You bastard!
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Subverted: Yang almost went on one of these when she thought that Ruby was going to succumb to a normally fatal illness, but she stops herself when she discovers that Ruby is OK.
- Shout-Out: The project for creating the dummy-plugs is called Project Freelancer
- Also, Yang refers to the commander as "Leonard L. whatever-his-name-is"
- Wham Episode: Things start progressing similar to how they did in the TV show. Then, Ruby suffers from a berserker incident and finds herself kidnapped just minutes after recovering in the hospital.
- Wham Line:Ruby Rose: I don't think we're in Remnant anymore.Rei Ayanami: This is my second body.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Both Misato and Asuka get called out by Ruby and her friends for various reasons. Asuka gets called out by team RWBY after she arrogantly put Shinji down after the fight with Israfel. Later, Misato gets called out for senselessly putting Asuka into danger during the fight with Sandalphon.