Taratown was a television series that ran for 3 seasons from 2013 to early 2016. The show is about a teenager named Tara getting swept up into a project to revitalize a small town. Even though the effort doesn't have very much money, the workers are unskilled, and people at her school want to stop the development at all costs, Tara puts her all into getting the project done.
She also has to deal with the very important and pressing issue of... boys.
Unfortunately for Tara, she's cursed with the ability to attract every boy in her school with one simple look, but she has no desire to date any of them (because she's not a hoe). Tara does however have her eyes set on one boy, Eli. And he just sohappens to be one of the three guys at her school who are immune to her charms.
Taratown's style is sometimes considered to be a sendup of the human characters in LazyTown, with the bright colors and zany outfits included.
This series provides examples of:
- Aborted Declaration of Love: Jarrison to Tara multiple times in season 2.
- Accidental Hero: Basically the only reason Tara is creating her own town is that she was in the right place at the right time, because the Governor had nobody else that could do the job.
- Adorkable: Jarrison, Tara, and Eli. Sometimes Lexi will even get in on the action.
- Alpha Bitch: Hannah is a played down version, with Isabella serving as her Beta Bitch
- All Love Is Unrequited: Tara is in love with Eli, while Jarrison is in love with Tara
- Arc Villain: Hannah and Isabella for season one
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Jarrison and Tara in the series finale, when they finally get together
- Beta Bitch: As mentioned above, Isabella
- Big Bad: Josh
- Break-Up Bonfire: It's downplayed, but Lexi and Tara hold one after Eli rejects her for good.
- Body Motifs: Lips, with Tara's bright pink lipstick and Lexi's obsession with lip products and men's lips.
- Bottle Episode: 3x04 (That One Hurt) takes place entirely in the choir room after school over the course of a few hours.