Not to be confused for that episode from The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3. Although, it is similar.
"Seven Continents for Seven Koopas" is a fanmade game based off Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. In this game, Bowser kidnaps all the world leaders and sends the Koopalings to rule over seven continents (the same as in the episode: Larry - Australia, Roy - Asia, Lemmy - North America, Iggy - South America, Wendy - Europe, Morton - Antarctica, Ludwig - Africa). You must travel to certain cities and areas collecting golden seals. This plot seems familiar... After collecting the seals and defeating the bosses, you must face Bowser in the subterranean layers of the Earth. Once you beat him at the center of the Earth, you place the seals at the center of Earth, which drives all the Koopas away. The End.
The thing is, it's not playable yet. In fact, it's not even created yet. It's hasn't gone any further from the concept stage, so that's why it's not here instead of in the Fangame Index.
This "fangame", if you can call it that, has examples of these tropes:
- Bilingual Bonus: Depending on where you lose, the location's "Game Over" message will be different depending on the language. The English version is simply "Game Over", but other messages include:
- "申し訳ありませんが、私はあなたを失う怖い" (Japanese): "Sorry, but I'm afraid you lose."
- "Apesta ser tú" (Spanish): "It stinks to be you."
- "Ну что ж, эта игра была пустая трата времени так или иначе" (Russian): "Oh well, this game was a waste of time anyway."
- "华沃沃" (Chinese): "Wah wah wah."
- مع قادة الع"الم لا يزالون في عداد المفقودين، الأخوين فشلت مهمتهم" (Arabic): "With the world's leaders still missing, the two brothers have failed their mission."
- "바우의 반환" (Korean): "Return of Bowser."
- "Vous avez échoué lamentablement" (French): "You failed miserably."
- "Fai schifo a questo gioco" (Italian): "You suck at this game."
- "Du meinst, ich muss ganz von vorne anfangen? Du musst mich verarschen!" (German): "You mean I've got to start over? You've got to be kidding me!"
- "Εάν κατά την πρώτη σας δεν τα καταφέρουμε, προσπαθήστε, προσπαθήστε πάλι" (Greek): "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.
- Call-Back: TONS, including Mario's statement upon arriving in Easter Island: "I don't like the looks of this place. Too many bad memories..."
- Death Trap: FRIGGIN' LAND MINES!
- Lethal Lava Land: Any level involving castles, volcanoes, or 3/4ths of the Subterranean stage.
- Stylistic Suck: It has game graphics dating from the late NES era, and music style dating from the SNES era, even though it is capable of more. But it still looks pretty cool.
- Surf Rock: A 16-bit version plays in Palau, San Diego, Hilo, and Easter Island.
- Wutai: Naturally, many East Asian levels.