Bianca is probably best known for appearing on the sixth season of RuPaul's Drag Race as a contestant and, ultimately, winning the whole competition. One of the few queens to have never appeared in the bottom two, Bianca also has the distinction of never finishing poorly in any of the main challenges, winning three across the season.
An insult comic by trade, Bianca's quick wit and Brutal Honesty have made her one of the most recognizable and popular contestants in the show's herstory.
After competing, Bianca has launched several comedy tours and appeared in two comedy specials. She has also starred in a film that was in the works prior to her appearance on Drag Race.
Television, film and theatre credits (outside of Drag Race):
- Rolodex of Hate (2015) as herself
- Not Today Bianca (2016) as herself
- Hurricane Bianca (2016) as Richard Martinez/Bianca Del Rio
- Hurricane Bianca: From Russia with Hate (2018) as Richard Martinez/Bianca Del Rio
- Everybody's Talking About Jamie (2019; stage) as Hugo/Loco Chanel
- AJ and the Queen (2020)
- Everybody's Talking About Jamie (2021; film adaptation) as Miss Haywood
Bianca Del Rio provides examples of the following tropes:
- The Ace: During her time on Drag Race, Bianca never placed in the bottom three for a main challenge, let alone the bottom two. Bianca also won three challenges across the season, including the first challenge. As some contestants mentioned across the season,it was rare to see Bianca struggle in a challenge, and even then she seemed to make things work.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her merciless reads are iconic.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Came off as one on her season, when she supported her fellow contestant Adore Delano. Her humour can get pretty dark and offensive at times, but it's always to be taken with a pinch of salt.