- Rourke from the Disney film Atlantis: The Lost Empire is described as "never being surprised". This would include having folding fighter planes. Atlantians who manage to improbably restart ancient flying machines to create an aerial fighting force to pursue the plunderers are also featured. Fighter planes on an underground mission, no less. Fighter planes on an underground, underwater mission. That prepared-ness can be attributed to Whitmore, the Atlantis expedition's eccentric financer, who provided said expedition with: one truly titanic submarine (equipped with torpedo turrets, fighter subpods, and four escape subs), an enormous drill-on-wheels, the above folding fighter planes, an inflate-in-a-moment escape balloon, etc etc.
- General W.R. Monger from Monsters vs. Aliens.
- Monger (After their plane got blasted down by a huge alien fireball): This is why I always wear a parachute, lieutenant.
- Japeth from Hoodwinked. The song "Be Prepared" is one long example of this trope:But I got horns that open bottles, and I got horns that hold my keysI got horns that when you turn 'em right, that help me watch TVI got horns that open pickle jars, and horns that come with hairI got horns that hang my other horns, I always come prepared
- To top it off, at the end of the number, Red and Japeth are in a mine cart that gets launched off the tracks and into the sky. Red escapes by turning her cloak into a parachute, and Japeth....a set of horns that have helicopter rotors built into them that he somehow managed to hide on the mine cart when we weren't looking.
- Maybe Granny counts this trope too, given she carries avalanche detonation charges with her during the ski race.
- Actually it was the Thugs that caused the avalanche, using grenades.
- In Brave, after Merida's mom turns into a bear, Merida returns to the witch's cottage. Said witch left various messages (as potions), and left one that said "If you are that red haired lass, the way to break the spell is: 'you must mend the bond torn by pride.'" Also applies as The Tape Knew You Would Say That trope.
- In Epic Queen Tara tells MK how to restore herself to normal size before she's even been shrunk, knowing that MK would follow her subsequent instruction to find Nim Galuu, and from him procure a record of that memory from the Queen's perspective so as to get the message.
- In The Incredibles, Edna designs each of the Parr family's suits to the wearer's powers. Since the infant Jack-Jack had yet to manifest any powers at that point, she went for a variety of "basics" that include roominess, comfortable fabric, and being bulletproof and fireproof.Helen: "What on Earth do you think the baby will be doing?!"Edna: "Well, I'm sure I don't know, darling. Luck favors the prepared. I didn't know the baby's powers, so I covered the basics."
- In Trolls: Branch lives in a heavily fortified bunker, which ends up saving him from the invasion of Bergens (even though it was supposed to apparently keep Poppy out). He even says it word for word when he tells Poppy that he's got enough supplies for 10 years - 11 if he's prepared to drink his own sweat, which he is.
- Mega Mind always loses to Metro Man, but has learned a lot from his mistakes because of that. In particular, this is demonstrated when he brings out a solid-copper shell to stop a new hero he created when things get a bit too dicey, since Metro Man claimed that copper was his one weakness just before he died. Unfortunately for Mega Mind, Metro Man was lying so that he could fake his death and the copper shell only gets him a few seconds of safety.
Crazy Prepared / Animated Films