Batgirl Adventures is a one-shot released in 1997 based of Batman: The Animated Series, in the continuity of the New Batman Adventures.
It features Batgirl during the Christmas holidays, as she runs into Harley Quinn, who was looking for a member of the Bat-Family to help her save Poison Ivy.
Compare to The Batman Adventures, a tie-in comic series to Batman: The Animated Series.
Batgirl Adventures contains examples of:
- An Ass-Kicking Christmas: Harley and Batgirl having a chase, and meeting a bunch of mooks.
- Brick Joke: Almost half-way through the comic, Jim Gordon walks out of the police station, and wonders what's keeping Barbera, who unbeknownst to him is busy as Batgirl. In the last panel, he's still waiting.
- Enemy Mine: Serious heroine Batgirl reluctantly agrees to team up with wacky and psychotic Harley.
- Mistaken for Gay: This conversation:Harley: Oh, Ivy can't hurt me. She gave me a special shot once so we can play and I won't get sick at all.Batgirl: You mean you two...?Harley: What?Batgirl: You and Ivy are... well... friends...Harley: Yeah...?Batgirl: Y'know... friends... like... *crosses her index and middle fingers in a "I'm implying you're in a relationship" gesture*Harley: Like what everybody says about you and Supergirl?Batgirl: What?! Who says...? Forget it! Forget it!
- Technically, it's subverted in that Harley neither denies nor confirms that she and Ivy are like that, but then gets played straight when she does this with Batgirl.
- Spot the Imposter: The main villain manages to copy Harley's look and voice completely, creating a scenario where Batgirl has to do this. She figures it out when the real Harley calls her "Bratgirl", a nickname she called her earlier.