A bookish young man with a disturbingly intense glare for a default expression, he's actually quite bookish and dorky underneath that. After having his love confession to Aoi rejected, he wanders into his sister's hair salon and, drugged into sleep by his sister, wakes up with a new wardrobe and makeup on his face. Attempting to make his way home without drawing too much attention, he encounters Aoi and ends up taking a blow for her from some thugs, jump-starting an unusual friendship.
- Adorkable: What he normally is underneath his intimidating exterior.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: A quiet Beady-Eyed Loser as a guy, a cute and upbeat Tomboy as a girl.
- Beady-Eyed Loser: His eyes are very small compared to every one else in the story. It gets noticeable when he's in his girl disguise, where his eyes are blown up to what a typical girl's would looks like with contacts on, but almost comedicly small when off.
- Death Glare: What he's capable of when he actually tries to be intimidating.
- Dragged into Drag: How he ended up in girls' clothing to begin with. Aoi is the reason he keeps at it.
- Face of a Thug: His glare routinely intimidates people even when he doesn't intend to.
- Gender-Bender Friendship: Keitarou befriend with Tokujira as a girl.
- Nice Guy: He's overly apologetic and very considerate to everyone around him.
- Secret Identity: Keitarou as a girl.
- Secretly Selfish: He doesn't accept Aoi's attempts to repay "her" since he privately enjoys the time he spends with her.
- Bookworm: She is always seen reading a book alone.
- Catchphrase: "Your existence is out of the question" is her go-to phrase when rejecting love confessions due to her androphobia.
- Cry Cute: Immediately after she drives off Keitarou, she cries her little heart out from frustration. Instead of purely sad, it's cathartic and very adorable.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She starts branching out more due to Itsuki's influence.
- In-Series Nickname: "Thorn Princess of the Library."
- Romantic Runner-Up: And self-inflicted too. She lies to Keitarou and says she doesn't love him anymore, so he and Botan can get together.