Ancient people of Pirra. They fled to three islands in a secret sea when their land was invaded and made into the Shadowlands.
Descendants of those who followed Plume the Brave. They live on the eastern island of the secret sea and are terrorised by a creature they call the Fear, who they appease with a sacrifice they call the Gifting.
ClefA fisher of the Plumes.
AzanAnother fisher of the Plumes.
NolsClef's Grandmother and one of the older citizens of Plume. She was selected for the Gifting before the heroes arrive.
- Cool Old Lady: Everybody on Plume absolutely loves Nols and doesn't want to lose her to the Gifting.
WorronPiper of the Plumes.
- Jerkass: He spends most of the time trying to keep the ceremony of the Gifting intact and seems to even be against ridding his people of the Fear, because it would change how things work on Plume. He's also deathly afraid of humans and wants to get rid of the heroes as quickly as possible.
Descendantsof those who followed Auron the Fair. Some live on the central isle of the secret sea in a dome of illusion and live under the pretence that they are still in Pirra. Those who liked their new home live on a moving island of rafts.
PennHistory-keeper of the raft-dwelling Aurons and host to the heroes during their time on the rafts.
- Brutal Honesty: The Raft Dwellers' hat, and she takes it to heart. She makes a single lie of omission to the heroes, and she considers it one of the hardest things she has ever done.
- Fire-Forged Friends: More or less one of the heroes' keenest friends among the Pirrans, in no small part from the perils they faced together.
- Friend to All Living Things: She is the only one to truly show fondness for Fury and Flash.
- Only Sane Pirran: The first, and for a long time only, Pirran to accept that the hatred between the Plumes, Aurons and Kerons is little more than petty.
Piper of the RaftsThe unnamed Piper to the raft-dwelling Aurons. His title is even more of a formality than usual, seeing as the rafts never had a piece of the Pirran Pipe.
- Batman Gambit: His plan to take down the dome consists entirely of what he expects the heroes to do while they're in it.
- Jerkass: He tricked the heroes into demolishing the Dome, and he expected it to be at the cost of their lives. He also holds onto his hatred of the two other Pirran tribes as bitterly as any other Pirran.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He did what he saw was necessary to save his people from the dimming of the caverns. He also joined Penn in sailing to save the heroes from the Arach, despite being convinced they would both die with them.
- Manipulative Bastard: He takes the policy of never lying as seriously as any other Raft Dweller. That doesn't stop him from manipulating people with what truths he chooses to tell them.
AurisPiper and last surviving member of the dome-dwelling Aurons.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: He was ripped apart by the giant Arach.
- Determinator: He alone maintained the dome and the illusion it spun, with magic that's supposed to be wielded by hundreds. It's implied he kept this up for years, ever since the last of his kin died. When the heroes accidentally shatter the illusion, he uses all his concentration to keep the shell of the dome intact.
- Last of His Kind: The last of the dome dwellers.
- Master of Illusion: The Dome Dweller hat, and he is the Piper who holds the magic that makes it possible.
- Selective Obliviousness: Invoked and justified to hell and back. He keeps the illusions of the dome intact, not just with magic, but with his honest belief that the illusion is real. It's clear that, on some level, he knew full well That it's all just a lie. The heroes bring it to the surface, and it breaks the dome.
Descendants of those who followed Keras the Unknown. They live on the western island of the secret sea. Much of their population is part Deltoran, descendants of Alyss and Rosnan.
TirralPiper of the Kerons.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Like most of the Kerons, she has some Deltoran blood running through her veins. She calls the heroes 'cousins' when they first arrive.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: While Lief, king of Deltora, is more than welcome on Keras and she is obligated to help him, she tries as hard as possible to resist giving him her part of the pipe. She constantly invoked her own people's laws to that end.
EmlisTirral's son and the player of the Pirran Pipe.
- Fire-Forged Friends: One of the Heroes' closest friends among the Pirrans.
- Half-Human Hybrid: As evidenced by his golden hair. Tirral suspects he has more Deltoran in him than most, as he is fascinated by their tales and wishes to be an explorer like Doran.
- Jumped at the Call: Nobody was happy with his decision to join the heroes in the Shadowlands.
- The Load: For much of their stay in the Shadowlands, Emlis is more of a burden than anything else. He proves to be more of a Lethal Joke Character when his playing of the Pirran Pipe drives back the Shadow Lord long enough for his people to spirit away the Deltoran slaves.