He has not appeared in any commercials that depict his CGI, speaking self since 2008. He's only been in animated form or as a costume. Some Wienerschnitzel fans have made petitions demanding his return in CGI capacity.
- And I Must Scream: Whenever humans chase him.
- Anthropomorphic Food: He has limbs, he has eyes, he has a mouth, he can talk, he's the Delicious One.
- Butt-Monkey: TDO itself.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: In the "Human Resources" commercial, TDO files a complaint to the HR department as while the camera is in his perspective shows his male co-workers from the window taunting him while the HR woman talks about inappropriate advances.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: This trope gets played with in the "Oktoberfest" commercial. Wienerschnitzel even has the seasonal motto "Kinda German".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In what is probably the chili dog chain's dirtiest, raunchiest commercial that can be considered sexist to men, "Gotcha" features a woman grabbing a man's penis thinking it was TDO.
- Humans Are Bastards: In TDO's perspective.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: They do seem like literally giant monsters in TDO's eyes.
- Idiot Ball: TDO once filed a complaint to his workplace's Human Resources of inappropriate advances. The thing is — he's a hot dog, so he doesn't have human rights.
- Mascot: The Delicious One is the official mascot of Wienerschnitzel.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He's only known as TDO or The World's Most Wanted Wiener rather than a given, singular name.
- Saying Too Much: Somewhere in a cold land, Eskimos and the TDO are having blubber. He complains they've already had that for every meal now, even though there isn't any other food to eat besides blubber and him.
- Too Dumb to Live: TDO argues they should instead switch to hot and spicy foods. One Eskimo suggests, "Like a chili dog?" TDO responds with glee at first, but realizes in half-a-second the dilemma he just put himself in.TDO: Blubber is good! LOOK! (shakes the blubber) It jiggles!
- Too Dumb to Live: TDO argues they should instead switch to hot and spicy foods. One Eskimo suggests, "Like a chili dog?" TDO responds with glee at first, but realizes in half-a-second the dilemma he just put himself in.
- Send in the Clones: There are 3 Delicious Ones in one commercial (the one that has "Play Me" by The Chubbies). This could explain why TDO keeps appearing in commercials alive and in one piece when each ends with him being cornered or chased by a human that wants to eat him.