Wazzup is a 2000 Budweiser Super Bowl commercial, the basic premise of which is a phone conversation wherein all speakers are enthusiastically shouting "WAZZUP!" at each other. At the end, one guy asks the first what is actually up, and he responds that he's "watching the game, having a Bud."
Eight years later, much the same thing happens again, only this time it's a political advertizement, advocating then-Senator Barack Obama. This one is notable for having a much more serious tone since the last one, the general theme being how badly the previous eight years have been for the characters.
Just reading TV Tropes...
- Arc Words: True, true.
- Cerebus Syndrome: The second commercial; Dukey's about to kill himself, his bro is stuck out in Iraq, the first character is homeless and unemployed, B is horribly injured and the other guy is stuck out in a hurricane.
- Driven to Suicide: Dukey, after his stock market ventures flop. He survives, though.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: By all appearances, the five guys. Through thick and thin.
- The Pollyanna: Despite how badly the economic slump has treated them, most of the guys seem pretty damn happy.
- Rule of Funny: Don't ask why there's a phone booth able to reach an American landline in the middle of the Iraqi desert, it's just there. The same goes for why a random dude is standing out in a hurricane, using a payphone to call his friends.
- Shout-Out: Not the commercial itself, but:
- Soul Brotha: Everybody!