YMMV: The Faculty
- Evil Is Sexy: The teachers all dress a lot more sharply after they fall under the aliens' control. It's most noticeable with Miss Burke, who was a Shrinking Violet before getting infected and turning into a sexpot, but it applies to all of them.'
- Delilah as well, too a lesser extent. The class Alpha Bitch and easily the hottest girl in the school
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Drugs Are Good, since they can kill aliens and help you find the enemy in your midst!
- Genius Bonus: Early in the film, after being begged by Mrs. Olsen for the (nonexistent) funds to put on a musical, Principal Drake suggests recycling the sets from Our Town to save money. As any theater geek would know, Our Town doesn't use a set. This makes Drake seem even more callous and unconcerned about anything other than the football team — she either couldn't have been bothered to see her own school's theater production (the only way she wouldn't have known that fact), or she just told Mrs. Olsen to fuck off.
- Harsher in Hindsight: One scene in this film involves a character shooting his high school principal in the face. This film was released four months before Columbine.
- Hollywood Homely / Hollywood Nerd: Famke Janssen as Miss Burke, before she gets infected.
- Memetic Mutation: It's now become common practice to show Jon Stewart's death scene in this movie for stock footage relating to him. Sometimes it's unrelated to what's being talked about.
- The Woobie: Mrs. Brummel, the elderly teacher who ended up dying rather painfully because the parasite placed inside her wasn't able to take over due to her illness.
- X Meets Y: