"You can't think about how people will perceive you or your character. All you can do is focus on your work. The rest is up to the universe. I've been acting for 16 years. I've done 55 movies and, in all seriousness, there's maybe five that are good and the rest are crap."Robert Hammond Patrick, Jr. (born November 5, 1958) is an American actor. He is well known for his work in the Science Fiction genre, and is a Saturn Award winner.Born in Marietta, Georgia, he is raised in Columbus, Ohio. He is the eldest of 5 children. One of his siblings is Richard Patrick, former Nine Inch Nails guitarist and current lead singer of bands Filter and Army of Anyone.He dropped out of college when drama class sparked his interest in acting, receiving his first professional acting job in the 1986 TV film Eye of the Eagle. Since then, he went on to appear in supporting roles in such films as Die Hard 2, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Wayne's World, Last Action Hero, Fire in the Sky, Cop Land, The Faculty, Walk the Line, Bridge to Terabithia, Spy Kids, and Flags of Our Fathers. He also starred in television shows such as The Sopranos, The Outer Limits (1995), Elvis, The Unit, The X-Files, Last Resort and From Dusk Till Dawn. In 2014, he became a co-star of the TV series Scorpion as Agent Cabe Gallow, and provided the voice of the villainous S.P.I.K.E. in the video game LocoCycle.He is described as someone who has "developed a solid reputation within the industry", with critics, fans, and co-stars alike praising his "work ethic, personality, and consistent performances".
- Badass Biker: Admittedly loves to ride motorcycles.
- Badass Bookworm: He has a major in accounting.
- Guttural Growler: He is known for his gravelly voice and southern accent.
- Happily Married: He and his wife are married since 1990.
- Star-Making Role: As T-1000.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: He's 5'11, and most of the characters he play are aloof (some justified) Deadpan Snarkers.
- Two First Names: Robert and Patrick are commonly used as first names.
- What Could Have Been: Robert was offered the chance to come back for Terminator Genisys, but his bad hip and age would have prevented him from doing his own stunts, and he didn't want to tarnish his original performance.