Film: Fire In The Sky
Loosely based on a true story, a logger named Travis Walton goes missing. His friends claim he was abducted by aliens but they were drunk when they saw the light show that took him. The police think Allan Dallas killed him and the other friends might have been accomplices.Five days later, the man reappears, naked, with strange wounds and suffering from shock and flashbacks. He eventually tells what happened during his abduction but no one believes him.Starring D. B. Sweeney and James Garner.
[Fire In The Sky] contains examples of:
- Alien Abduction: Naturally since the plot is about Travis Walton's abduction.
- Flashback: Near the end, the flashback is pretty much the only part of the movie that deals with the alien abduction.
- Incriminating Indifference: The biggest reason Allan Dallas was suspected for murder was because of his indifferent attitude toward Travis.
- Nightmare Fuel: The flashback. To go into detail, Walton is dragged to a table by aliens, after fruitlessly trying to escape. He is then pinned to the table by a large rubber sheet, completely unable to move. Then tubes are shoved down his throat, a sharp device is shoved into his neck, then you hear his muffled screams as you slowly watch a needle approach his eye.
- Police Procedural: The real focus of the film is not the abduction but the police investigation.