is a veteran marine operative who is discharged from the Iraq War, despite his best wishes to remain. He returns to his wife, who after a great big welcome home, suggests they take a vacation. Their paths cross with Rome, a diamond thief, and his cronies who are on the run from a previous heist. They steal Triton's ride and, of course, his wife. Triton must save his wife as he chases Rome through the South Carolina environment.
Claimed by WWE Films to be its most successful film yet. A sequel was released on DVD starring Ted DiBiase, Jr
. in 2009. A third movie was released in 2013 starring The Miz
on DVD/Blue Ray.
These films provides examples of:
open/close all folders
- Actor Allusion: During a chase scene, after the top of Triton's car is sliced off, one of Rome's henchmen comments that Triton is like "The Terminator". Rome (Played by Robert Patrick, who played the T-1000 whose truck gets its top sliced off during a chase scene in Terminator 2: Judgment Day) glances at him through the mirror.
- Badass Driver: John Freakin' Triton.
- Bald of Evil: Morgan. Also the two drug dealers in the woods.
- Black Comedy Rape: The reason Morgan hates rock candy? A camp counselor tempted him with it, then raped him.
- Black Dude Dies First: Lampshaded and averted. He dies third.
- Boring Invincible Hero: It's John Cena as the starring role. What more needs to be said?
- Car Chase
- Cool Car: The Dodge Viper police cruiser that Triton hijacks for the car chase.
- The Danza: John Cena as John Triton.
- Dark Action Girl: Angela.
- Guns Akimbo: Bennett during the diamond heist.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Triton snaps Rome's neck with the same chain he is attacking him with.
- Implacable Man: John, a rare heroic version.
- Improvised Weapon: Rome attacks Triton with a sledgehammer and a chainsaw during their climactic fight. Triton defends himself from the latter with a big wrench.
- Large Ham: Robert Patrick is clearly having a ball playing Rome, and is clearly not taking the movie as seriously as Cena is.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: After Rome shoots Vescera, alligators appear to eat his body.
- Noodle Incident: Morgan and rock candy.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: The opening sequence has Triton freeing some comrades from captivity; when it is seemed like they are surrounded by enemies with no way out, one of them asks Triton, "How do we get around them?", Triton drops, "We don't; We go through them." He fires his gun at the camera...and the movie fast-forwards to after the incident.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: Triton's down-to-earth wife Kate wears a denim jacket, white tank top, and jeans. Bad Girl Angela wears a leather getup with a leopard top. And, if memory serves, heels. In a swamp chase. Compare.
- Unrated Edition: Such a labeled DVD case exists. However, the differences between it and the rated one are near-undetectable.
- Would Hit a Girl: Triton, who throws Angela against the windshield of an oncoming bus.
The Marine 2
The Marine 3: Homefront