The French Canadian sex symbol.Maryse Ouellet
(born January 21, 1983) is a French-Canadian professional wrestler and model who formerly worked for the WWE from 2006 to 2011 where she is a two-time Divas Champion. In early 2014, she became the wife of WWE wrestler The Miz
. Thus…Mrs…Miz?That Other Wiki
has a rundown
on her life and career.
Tropes associés à Maryse
- Action Girl: Pushed to win the divas championship twice in WWE. Has consistently served in a non action capacity on the indies though
- Alpha Bitch: The picture immediately to the right pretty much tells you all you need to know about her attitude.
- Arch-Enemy: Michelle McCool, even after the latter turned heel they still didn't like each other.
- Armour-Piercing Slap: In most of her matches.
- Badass Longrobe/Badass Longcoat: Her entrance attire, frequently
- Bare Your Midriff
- Bilingual Backfire: When she had to face Gail Kim, she started trash talking in French under the pretence that she was wishing Gail good luck for their match. Right before it, Gail revealed she understood French and hadn't been fooled at all.
- Blondes are Evil: You could probably count the nice things she did for someone else on one hand
- Canada, Eh?: She's from Montreal.
- Cat Fight: Had a very good one with Aksana at Bragging Rights 2010.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Though it is a tan.
- Demoted to Extra: By 2011 was reduced to acting as the host for NXT Redemption which only aired online. Though this was arguably good for her as her strength was her character rather than her wrestling.
- Dirty Coward: With the exception of Maria and maybe Aksana she seemed intimidated by every competitor she had once the bell sounded. It was more subtle when she first started on Smackdown but was shown to be shamelessly afraid of Mickie James by her Raw draft.
- Dye Hard: Her hair was naturally dark brown.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: The seeming inspiration behind her initial announcing role on Smackdown.
- Expy: Aksana was thought to be one of her in NXT Season 3 so it's little wonder they ended up feuding.
- Faux Action Girl: When she returned from injury in 2009. She would utterly get the crap beaten constantly out of her in matches and only do her finisher to win. Also she won the Divas' Championship back but then immediately started losing to Eve and dropped the title to her on the first defence.
- Finishing Move: A DDT (preceded by a hair flip) called the French Kiss. And a heel kick called the French TKO.
- Five Moves of Doom: Forward leg sweep, camel clutch, Irish Curse backbreakernote , French Kiss DDT or alternately the French TKO. Plus a lot of slapping.
- French Jerk: One of her first moments of characterization on the active roster was complaining to the trainer about her ankle, after seemingly breaking Cherry's nose with a kick. This was after JBL said she was France's best export.
- Genre Savvy: In the first round of the Divas' Championship tournament, Maryse saw Brie switch with Nikki and pretended not to, before hitting her finisher and winning the match anyway.
- Girly Bruiser: Moreso in her first year with the company as she wasn't physically aggressive too often afterwards.
- Hair Flip: It was pretty much her signature taunt and it always seemed to stay in the style it started no matter how many times she did so
- Heel: Was always a heel in WWE. Even when she split from Ted Di Biase, she remained heel. She claimed she had been a face in developmental but asked them to let her be a heel when she was called up. She's sort of a face by default in Family Wrestling Entertainment though.
- I Know Karate: In real life, though rarely made use of it in matches.
- Its Pronounced Tro Pay: Would frequently chew people out for not pronouncing her name the proper French way.
- Laughing Mad: Sometimes showed this if the match wasn't going how she wanted it.
- Ms. Fanservice: Used to welcome viewers back to Smackdown in the exact same way Sunny did years before.
- Put on a Bus: Released by WWE just as she was coming back from an injury.
- Retired Badass: Has no desire to wrestle again, though does go to conventions and acts as an occasional commentator for Family Wrestling Entertainment.
- Romance on the Set: Is married to The Miz as of February 20, 2014.
- Small Name, Big Ego: She berated Melina for taking so long to finally beat Beth Phoenix, stating it would have only taken her five minutes to win the women's championship. (Melina responded with that being about how long she lasted at survivor series before Beth Phoenix pinned her)
- Spiritual Successor: To Sable most definitely.
- Stripperific: Honestly, wrestling costumes tend towards minimalism anyway, especially in USA but Maryse called special attention to Maria's, predicting her bra would not be able to survive a match. Maryse's own clothing was apparently robust enough because it was flown in from France.
- The Tease: Was labelled one by The Miz.
- Zettai Ryouiki Her non wrestling attire.