Wrestling / Maryse
The French Canadian sex symbol.
Maryse Ouellet Mizanin
"If I wasn't Maryse, then I would want to be."
(born Maryse Ouellet
) (born January 21, 1983) is a French-Canadian professional wrestler and model who formerly worked for the WWE from 2006 to 2011 where she is a two-time Divas Champion. In early 2014, she became the wife of WWE wrestler The Miz
She returned to the company in early 2016 to help her husband win the Intercontinental Championship.That Other Wiki
has a rundown
on her life and career.
Tropes associés à Maryse
- Action Girl: Pushed to win the divas championship twice in WWE. Has consistently served in a non action capacity on the indies though
- Alpha Bitch: The picture immediately to the right pretty much tells you all you need to know about her attitude. Notably when Michelle McCool turned heel, Maryse didn't seem to like the implication that she was trying to be the top heel on Smackdown.
- Arch-Enemy: Michelle McCool, even after the latter turned heel they still didn't like each other.
- Armour-Piercing Slap: In most of her matches.
- Attention Whore: Well duh.
- Badass Longrobe/Badass Longcoat: Her entrance attire, frequently
- Bare Your Midriff: Even when she wore more than a two piece it still usually left her belly exposed
- Bilingual Backfire: When she had to face Gail Kim, she started trash talking in French under the pretence that she was wishing Gail good luck for their match. Right before it, Gail revealed she understood French and hadn't been fooled at all.
- Birds of a Feather: With her equally narcissistic husband, Miz.
- Boisterous Bruiser: She stood up to Beth Phoenix in the Survivor Series match and came very close to winning.
- Canada, Eh?: She's from Montreal.
- Cat Fight: Had a very good one with Aksana at Bragging Rights 2010.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Though it is a tan.
- Demoted to Extra: By 2011 was reduced to acting as the host for NXT Redemption which only aired online. Though this was arguably good for her as her strength was her character rather than her wrestling.
- Dirty Coward: With the exception of Maria and maybe Aksana she seemed intimidated by every competitor she had once the bell sounded. It was more subtle when she first started on Smackdown but was shown to be shamelessly afraid of Mickie James by her Raw draft.
- Enemy Mine: Subverted. She was heel at Survivor Series 2008 teaming with two faces (Maria and Michelle McCool). She knocked Michelle off the apron For the Evulz. But eventually Double Subverted as she tagged Maria in when she needed to.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Ring gear would often have some glitter or rhinestones on it.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: The seeming inspiration behind her initial announcing role on Smackdown.
- Expy: Aksana was thought to be one of her in NXT Season 3 so it's little wonder they ended up feuding.
- The Fashionista: Claimed that her gear was imported from France, and out of the ring she would wear glamorous dresses and jewellery. After leaving WWE she started a clothing line called House of Maryse.
- Faux Action Girl: When she returned from injury in 2009. She would utterly get the crap beaten constantly out of her in matches and only do her finisher to win. Also she won the Divas' Championship back but then immediately started losing to Eve and dropped the title to her on the first defence.
- Finishing Move: A DDT (preceded by a hair flip) called the French Kiss. And a heel kick called the French TKO.
- Five Moves of Doom: Forward leg sweep, camel clutch, Irish Curse backbreakernote , French Kiss DDT or alternately the French TKO. Plus a lot of slapping.
- French Jerk: One of her first moments of characterization on the active roster was complaining to the trainer about her ankle, after seemingly breaking Cherry's nose with a kick. This was after JBL said she was France's best export.
- French Maid Outfit: Wore one in a Halloween costume contest at Cyber Sunday 2008.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Sort of. She returned to wrestling after her first injury and even got pushed to win the Divas' Championship a second time. However her wrestling notably suffered and she was eventually used less and less - culminating in being demoted to a character role. She has not wrestled since her WWE release.
- Genre Savvy: In the first round of the Divas' Championship tournament, Maryse saw Brie switch with Nikki and pretended not to, before hitting her finisher and winning the match anyway.
- Girly Bruiser: Moreso in her first year with the company as she wasn't physically aggressive too often afterwards.
- Gold Digger: Implied when she hooked up with Ted DiBiase (Jr). She seemed very enthusiastic when he promised to shower her with gifts.
- Hair Flip: It was pretty much her signature taunt and it always seemed to stay in the style it started no matter how many times she did so
- Heel: She was a baby face in OVW but was always a heel in WWE. Even when she split from Ted DiBiase Jr., she remained heel. She's sort of a face by default in Family Wrestling Entertainment though.
- I Know Karate: In real life, though rarely made use of it in matches.
- Improvised Weapon: The Gobbledy Gooker's head. Poor Melina.
- Its Pronounced Tro Pay: Would frequently chew people out for not pronouncing her name the proper French way. She didn't seem to mind people simply saying 'ma-reece', but it was a Berserk Button if they said 'maw-reece' or 'morris'.
- Laughing Mad: Sometimes showed this if the match wasn't going how she wanted it.
- Ms. Fanservice: Used to welcome viewers back to Smackdown in the exact same way Sunny did years before.
- Put on a Bus: Released by WWE just as she was coming back from an injury.
- The Bus Came Back: Returned in April 2016 to help Miz win the Intercontinental title.
- Rapunzel Hair: Reaching down to her hips.
- Retired Badass: Has no desire to wrestle again, though does go to conventions and acts as an occasional commentator for Family Wrestling Entertainment. Still talks trash too, declaring Ivelisse Vélez's DDT to be inferior to her own when the fans were chanting "One more time!".
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Her hair flip was intended to be seductive, she wore very little clothing, she played up her sexy French accent and would often pin opponents in a suggestive manner.
- Small Name, Big Ego: She berated Melina for taking so long to finally beat Beth Phoenix, stating it would have only taken her five minutes to win the women's championship. (Melina responded with that being about how long Maryse lasted at survivor series before Beth Phoenix pinned her)
- Spiritual Successor: To Sable most definitely. Summer Rae is considered one to her as well.
- Stripperific: Honestly, wrestling costumes tend towards minimalism anyway, especially in USA but Maryse called special attention to Maria's, predicting her bra would not be able to survive a match. Maryse's own clothing was apparently robust enough because it was flown in from France.
- The Tease: Was labelled one by The Miz.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Her wrestling attire. She went as short as it was possible to go on PG television.
- Zettai Ryouiki Her non wrestling attire.