Elijah Jordan Wood is an American actor born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on January 28, 1981. Wood had a strong career as a child actor (even appearing beside another well-known actor, Macaulay Culkin), and averted issues with aging out of his audience by transitioning to teenage and later young adult roles. His landmark role was Frodo Baggins in the live-action Lord of the Rings trilogy directed by Peter Jackson. He also starred in the American version of Wilfred.He's also known for being something of an entrepreneur, founding both a record label called Simian Records, and an indie horror company called SpectreVision, known for producing films such as A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.
His acting credits:
- Back to the Future Part II: bit part as a child playing the video game in the diner
- Radio Flyer: Mike
- The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993 Disney film): Huckleberry Finn
- The Good Son: Mark Evans
- North: North
- The War: Stu Simmons
- Flipper (1996 film): Sandy Ricks
- The Ice Storm: Mikey Carver
- Oliver Twist (1997 TV Movie): Jack "The Artful Dodger" Dawkins
- Deep Impact: Leo Biederman
- The Faculty: Casey Connor
- The Lord of the Rings and its prequels, The Hobbit: Frodo Baggins, his most famous role and personal favorite role.
- Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over: The Guy
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Patrick
- Sin City: Kevin
- Everything Is Illuminated: Jonathan Safran Foer
- Green Street Hooligans: Matt Buckner
- 9: 9
- Happy Feet and Happy Feet Two (Voice): Mumble
- Maniac (2012): Frank Zito
- Grand Piano: Tom Selznick
- The Last Witch Hunter: 37th Dolan
- I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore: Tony
- Frasier (Guest Star Voice): Ethan
- Wilfred: Ryan Newman
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency: Todd Brotzman
- God Of War III: Uncredited Voice in the Sea of Blood, revealed in Ghost of Sparta as Deimos.
- The Legend of Spyro: Spyro
- Broken Age: Shay, the lead male protagonist.
Tropes Associated with Elijah Wood's roles:
- Big "NO!": He's very good at this.
- Innocent Blue Eyes just made to be typecast.
- Older Than They Look: Comparing his appearance in LOTR to his appearance now, he seems to have hit 20 and stopped aging.
- Playing Against Type: Usually cast as innocent, childish or otherwise "soft" characters, his turns as Kevin in Sin City and Frank in Maniac cast him as psychopaths.
- Special Guest: Was brought in as a contestant in the Screen Junkies' movie debate show, Movie Fights.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Many people have made note of his huge, extremely blue eyes. Sean Astin even gave this very poetic description of his eyes during filming of The Lord of the Rings:Sean: If you look really closely, it looks like an eclipse; the pupil has gone in front of the sun, and from behind the dark pupil are these kind of rays of golden light coming through the pools of blue water.
- Also counts as Awesome, but Impractical, since he's virtually blind without contact lenses or glasses — in this other behind the scenes video, both Sean and Billy Boyd note the irony that he has these big beautiful eyes that don't actually work properly.