Elijah Jordan Wood is an American actor born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on January 28, 1981. Wood had a strong career as a child actor (even appearing beside another well-known actor, Macaulay Culkin), and averted issues with aging out of his audience by transitioning to teenage and later young adult roles. His landmark role was Frodo Baggins in the live-action Lord of the Rings trilogy directed by Peter Jackson. He also starred in the American version of Wilfred.He's also known for being something of an entrepreneur, founding both a record label called Simian Records, and an indie horror company called SpectreVision, known for producing films such as A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night.
His acting credits:
- Back to the Future Part II: bit part as a child playing the video game in the diner
- Radio Flyer: Mike
- The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993 Disney film): Huckleberry Finn
- The Good Son: Mark Evans
- North: North
- The War: Stu Simmons
- Flipper (1996 film): Sandy Ricks
- The Ice Storm: Mikey Carver
- Oliver Twist (1997 TV Movie): Jack "The Artful Dodger" Dawkins
- Deep Impact: Leo Biederman
- The Faculty: Casey Connor
- The Lord of the Rings and its prequels, The Hobbit: Frodo Baggins, his most famous role and personal favorite role.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Patrick
- Sin City: Kevin
- Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over: The Guy
- Green Street Hooligans: Matt Buckner
- 9: 9
- Happy Feet and Happy Feet Two (Voice): Mumble
- God Of War III: Uncredited Voice in the Sea of Blood, revealed in Ghost of Sparta as Deimos.
- The Legend of Spyro: Spyro
- Broken Age: Shay, the lead male protagonist.
Tropes Associated with Elijah Wood's roles:
- Big "NO!": He's very good at this.
- Innocent Blue Eyes just made to be typecast.
- Older Than They Look: Comparing his appearance in LOTR to his appearance now, he seems to have hit 20 and stopped aging.
- One of Us: He's even building a Millenium Falcon with Dominic Monaghan!
- Playing Against Type: His role in Wilfred.
- Promoted Fanboy: He stated that becoming a part of Broken Age was quite an honor since he grew up on Tim Schafer games such as Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle.
- Special Guest: Was brought in as a contestant in the Screen Junkies' movie debate show, Movie Fights.
- Type Casting