Fridge: The Faculty
- Why does Laura Harris put on such a horrible Dixie accent that even a New Yorker would find painfully fake? Because her character is an alien, and is thus not a native speaker of the accent! Indeed, in the original version of the script, she drops her accent just before The Reveal.
- Delilah's Clark Kenting to avoid being detected by the aliens should never have worked... and it didn't. In the scene at Zeke's house not long after, she's revealed to have been infected. Her Clark Kenting worked about as well as it would have in Real Life.
- When Principal Drake comes Back from the Dead after getting shot, Marybeth dumps the entire bucket of Zeke's drugs onto her to finish her off. Why would she squander so much drugs on one target? Because it's just the way to deny the other kids the weapon they need to do the same to her.
- One of Zeke's money-making schemes other than dealing drugs is selling VHS tapes with nude scenes featuring actresses like Jennifer Love Hewitt and Neve Campbell. Only those two never did nude scenesnote ... and Zeke probably knew it. Given that the guy's day job is fairly sleazy, it wouldn't be at all surprising if he were ripping off those two horny classmates.
- Marybeth tells everyone she's from Atlanta. She's not only from another planet, she's from a water planet. Kind of like... Atlantis.
- Imagine if Marybeth and Zeke had actually managed to find the time to have sex. Without a doubt, he would have come away from it infected. The horror comes in when you consider the transmission vector those parasites would have likely taken.
- After Nurse Harper is infected, the entire left side of her head is covered in blood. When she steps out of the teacher's lounge less than a minute later, it's all gone. Ditto for the police officer moments later (though we don't see his infection). How did they get themselves cleaned off so quickly?
- For that matter, Nurse Harper's infection with the parasite is depicted as being incredibly painful and bloody. And when Principal Drake infects one of the police officers, we hear a noise from inside her office. When the faculty gets around to infecting the students, surely someone in the huge lines outside the nurse's office would've heard something, or seen a few drops of blood that they may have missed when they were being cleaned off? And how did the blood not get on any of their clothes?
- Once the parasites are on someone they can burrow in. Having an orifice like an ear just makes the process easier and less noticeable. Maybe they are forced to ingest them, leaving only a little blood inside their mouths.