Tentacle monsters, and the women who love them.Ghastly's Ghastly Comic is an adult webcomic that originally ran from 2001 to 2006. Inspired by a NSFW Sexy Losers strip, the series is about tentacle monsters living in our world, and the people they interact with. These people include a chibi, a girly guy who speaks broken Japanese, an attention whore Cosplay Otaku Girl, a Flaky New Age Neo-Pagan, Baby Cthulhu, a Cloudcuckoolander who looks perpetually stoned, a furry, a guy transplanted from a hentai game who has an invisible penis, a guy transplanted from a 1970s Blaxploitation flick, and Drunk and Bitter Jesus.Due to a Creator Breakdown (see the YMMV tab) the main run of the comic ended in 2006 but the creator has sporadically posted new one off strips since then, most recently in 2015. The creator however is still active with one off artwork appearing as recently as 2017 on his Tumblr image dump here.The series can be found here, but due to the limitations of Keenspace's navigation it's probably easier to look at the Tumblr archive of the comic here instead.This webcomic (and the image dump) is Not Safe for Work - assume any link leads to NSFW material and be careful about the examples.
This work contains examples of:
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: On a dildo made in Japan, the words "Three year warranty" accidentally got translated as "Not recommended for three years and under".
- Everyone But Glemph Is A Pervert: And Peep, who's so young, he looks at sex toys and thinks they are ninja implements.
- Exact Words: The commissioner wanted yaoi featuring Alan Moore's characters, but asked for Alan Moore yaoi. Ghastly provided Alan Moore yaoi.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Freddy.
- Hypocritical Humor: Glemph defends his cousin's homosexuality... only to flip out on discovering his cousin's boyfriend is human.
- Lovecraft Lite: Cthulhu, who is actually a baby, and his parents pawn him off to a babysitter.
- Meet Cute: Offscreen: F'ga and Bobby met when F'ga reached through a glory hole to ask for toilet paper because his stall had run out.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: One of the tentacle monsters suffers from his tentacles not working once.
- Shrouded in Myth: Among other exploits, Hammer once rode the range and fought in a Sentai team... always alongside a masturbation-obsessed dip named Clem.
- Take That!:
- Several aimed at Megatokyo.
- These lead up to a piece of Self-Deprecation: When he compares his vasectomy to a long line of people waiting to kick him in the nuts, Largo and Piro announce they've gone three times.
- Jack Chick and his tracts are parodied mercilessly. See the next trope for the first instance. Later on, Freddy makes Doujinshi tracts.
- Several aimed at Megatokyo.
- Useful Book: Nort finds himself with no toilet paper, and starts yelling blasphemous things until Chick-Boy shows up and flings some tracts into the stall. Punchline "I knew there was a use for these things."