Webcomic: Ghastly's Ghastly Comic
Tentacle monsters, and the women who love them.Ghastly's Ghastly Comic
was an adult webcomic that ran from 2001 to 2006. Inspired by a NSFW Sexy Losers
strip, the series is about tentacle monsters living in our world, and the people they interact with. These people include a chibi
, a girly guy
who speaks broken Japanese
, an attention whore Cosplay Otaku Girl
, a Flaky New Age Neo-Pagan, Baby Cthulhu
, a Cloudcuckoolander
who looks perpetually stoned, a furry, a guy transplanted from a hentai
game who has an invisible penis
, a guy transplanted from a 1970s Blaxploitation
flick, and Drunk and Bitter Jesus
The series can be found here
. This webcomic
is Not Safe for Work
, and be careful about the examples.
This work contains examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms
- Ambiguous Gender: Shota Versus Loli.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: The very first strip.
- Art Evolution: Observe.
- Attention Whore: Bunny Boy and Cosplay Girl
- Author Appeal: Lots and lots of futanari.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: On a dildo made in Japan, the words "Three year warranty" accidentally got translated as "Not recommended for three years and under".
- Brain Bleach: Alan Moore Yaoi. Note: Not Alan Moore characters.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The aptly-named Kwerki.
- Creator Breakdown: The author's divorce, spending time in a mental hospital, and questioning his sexual identity played some factors in the end of the strip.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: This crossover with Tang's Weekly Comic.
- Sholi-chan and Lota-chan manage to simultaneously drop Bridgets on themselves.
- Eldritch Abomination: Fnanp mistakes the tentacle monsters for these.
- Everyone But Glemph Is A Pervert: And Peep, who's so young, he looks at sex toys and thinks they are ninja implements.
- Everyone Is Bi
- Expy: Freddy, of one of the artist's earlier creations, James With Tits.
- Exact Words: The commissioner wanted yaoi featuring Alan Moore's characters, but asked for Alan Moore yaoi. Ghastly provided Alan Moore yaoi.
- Eyes Always Shut: Hammer the barkeep.
- The Fundamentalist: Chick-Boy.
- Furry Fandom: Bunny Boy, a decidedly negative portrayal.
- Genki Girl: Freddy. The girl aspect is debatable. The genki aspect is not.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel
- Gratuitous Japanese: Freddy.
- Groin Attack: Distressingly common.
- Her Code Name Was Mary Sue: Zipper ninja.
- Hime Cut: Kiki.
- Hypocritical Humor: Glemph defends his cousin's homosexuality... only to flip out on discovering his cousin's boyfriend is human.
- Innocent Inaccurate: Peep.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: The Zipper Ninja.
- The Internet Is for Porn
- Jesus Was Drunk And Bitter
- Jive Turkey: Brewster "Da Funk" Bombe.
- Local Hangout: The Spanked Monkey bar.
- Lovecraft Lite: Cthulhu, who is actually a baby, and his parents pawn him off to a babysitter.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl Freddy again.
- Mars Needs Women
- Meaningful Name: Kwerki.
- Meet Cute: Offscreen: F'ga and Bobby met when F'ga reached through a glory hole to ask for toilet paper because his stall had run out.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Glemph.