Webcomic: Cross Time Cafe
A long running Furry Webcomic
created by Scudder "White Pony" Kidwell. Despite its sizable cast, it really only features 2 original characters: Beth, the White Guardian and White Pony. The rest are cameos
from at least six other webcomics. Kidwell does only a small amount of the artwork for the comic since the creators of most of the other characters that appear in the comic also contribute pages. It is mostly a funny, slice of life type comic, but has also seen several lengthy story arcs. While the longer arcs are usually handled by a single artist, sometimes, another artist will step in for a few strips or even quite a few.
The other artists include, but are not limited to Mark Stanley
, Scott Kellogg
, Kathy Garrison-Kellogg
and Chris Kozloski
Read it here
This webcomic features examples of:
- Animal Stereotypes: Ky (a demonic dog) and a bright red rubber ball on page 711.
- Art Evolution: It's difficult to track when the art is coming from half a dozen artists. For a better idea of the art evolution, just visit the webcomic sites of the contributing artists and track their progress. If you're familiar with a particular artist's style and look, it's easy to tell what pages they've contributed.
- Big Eater: Kathy Grrson will often wind up shaped like a pear and complaining of being overstuffed. Then, in the last panel, she will ask "what's for [the next meal]".
- Chase Scene: Complete with "Yakity Sax" soundtrack.
- The Ditz: Ky. Just don't say that to her face.
- Face Hugger: Sam did this early on. His sister's offspring do it again later.
- Good Guy Bar: What the Cross Time Cafe is all about. It exists to let webcomic characters meet up outside their own continuities.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: They show up now and then. Sleepy John and his characters seem especially fond of them.
- Inn Between the Worlds: This cafe exists so that all of the different characters can interact outside their own continuities.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: Practically in the title.
- Lame Pun Reaction: After a crack from Ky about hyenas being in spots, Kathy promptly decides to stay where she was, hanging by her fingertips from a cliff down in the catacombs.
- Local Hangout: For cast members of over half a dozen webcomics.
- No OSHA Compliance: The catacombs.
- Reincarnation Romance: Florence is apparently just the latest incarnation of White Pony's soul mate.
- Spit Take: Ky once made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Using KY jelly.
- Right Behind Me: Kaheda in this Neolithic CTC strip.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Kathy and chocolate, Mzzkitty and fish.