Webcomic: Cross Time Cafe
A long running Furry Webcomic created by Scudder "White Pony" Kidwell. Despite its sizable cast, it really only features 2 original characters: Beth, the White Guardian and White Pony. The rest are cameos from at least six other webcomics. Kidwell does only a small amount of the artwork for the comic since the creators of most of the other characters that appear in the comic also contribute pages. It is mostly a funny, slice of life type comic, but has also seen several lengthy story arcs. While the longer arcs are usually handled by a single artist, sometimes, another artist will step in for a few strips or even quite a few.The other artists include, but are not limited to Mark Stanley, Scott Kellogg, Kathy Garrison-Kellogg and Chris Kozloski.Read it here. The new site is up, but under construction. All of the pages are being posted to linked Tapastic archives, a few pages at a time.
This webcomic features examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: On this NEOCTC page, Marmoe discovers that a batch of "...rotten reptilian rejects have wrecked my Roomba".
- Animal Stereotypes: Lots of them. Here are some standouts:
- Art Evolution: It's difficult to track when the art is coming from half a dozen artists. For a better idea of the art evolution, just visit the webcomic sites of the contributing artists and track their progress. If you're familiar with a particular artist's style and look, it's easy to tell what pages they've contributed.
- Big Eater: Kathy Grrson will often wind up shaped like a pear and complaining of being overstuffed. Then, in the last panel, she will ask "what's for [the next meal]".
- Caffeine Bullet Time: In the Neo CTC side comics, more than one character have been subjected to the accelerative effects of caffeine.
- The Cameo: While attempting to prank Beth, Kathy uses an overclocked painball marker. Page 392 shows the aftermath as well as Doc and Roger from The Whiteboard preparing to bail.
- Chase Scene: Complete with "Yakity Sax" soundtrack. (At least in the original version. The Yakety Sax soundtrack did not survive the transfer to Tapastic. )
- The Ditz: Ky. Just don't say that to her face.
- Face Hugger: Sam did this early on. His sister's offspring do it again later.
- Gonna Need More X: Being unfamiliar with measuring giraffes for dresses, Triac discovers he's going to need a bigger extension.
- Good-Guy Bar: What the Cross Time Cafe is all about. It exists to let webcomic characters meet up outside their own continuities.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: They show up now and then. Sleepy John and his characters seem especially fond of them.
- Inn Between the Worlds: This cafe exists so that all of the different characters can interact outside their own continuities.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: Practically in the title.
- Lame Pun Reaction: After a crack from Ky about hyenas being in spots, Kathy promptly decides to stay where she was, hanging by her fingertips from a cliff down in the catacombs.
- Local Hangout: For cast members of over half a dozen webcomics.
- No OSHA Compliance: The catacombs.
- Paintball Episode. On page 391 and page 392, Kathy attempts to prank Beth. Hilarity Ensues.
- Painting the Medium: The post office just delivered next month's supply of word balloons.
- Reincarnation Romance: Florence is apparently just the latest incarnation of White Pony's soul mate.
- Shout-Out: to The Whiteboard on page 392.
- Spit Take: Ky once made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Using KY jelly.
- Right Behind Me: Kaheda in this Neolithic CTC strip.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Kathy: doughnuts and/or chocolate, Mzzkitty: fish.
- Unicorn: 2 of them. Roy Callbeck and Florence's long-time boyfriend, White Pony.
- If you count Beth the White Guardian (She doesn't sport the typical horn in the forehead) there's 3.