Give us a kiss!
The Face Hugger, as the name implies, is a creature that preys on other species, usually humans, by attaching itself to their face. What it does to you from there depends on the creature and how it operates. Some take over your body or mind in some fashion
. Some drain you of blood or Life Energy
. Some eat your brains
. Some transform you in horrific fashion
. And some will give you a Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong
In pretty much every case, this is Nightmare Fuel
owing to our Primal Fear
of Orifice Invasion
. See also Personal Space Invader
- The mind-control starfish of Starro the Conqueror in The DCU.
- The Face Sucker in Munchkin.
- Facebiter squigs in Warhammer 40,000 bite... faces. The orks naturally find this hilarious, and often get in contests to see which will bite the other's face off first.
- Metroids, although more often than not they latch onto the whole head.
- Headcrabs from the Half-Life saga.
- Brainsuckers from X-COM: Apocalypse, which are used as ammunition by certain aliens in addition to appearing on their own. Replacing a person's brain is their entire purpose; They don't even have a digestive system.
- The Protozoid Slimers from Duke Nukem 3D.
- Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy: The Aura Beasts come of nowhere and wrap around Nick's face. Oh, and the only way to see them coming is using the psi draining Aura Vision.
- Space Quest