- The mind-control starfish of Starro the Conqueror.
- The dreamcrabs in the Doctor Who episode "Last Christmas" attach themselves to their victims' faces and slowly eat their brains, while trapping them in dreams. One of the crew even lampshades the situation as being right out of Alien.
The Doctor: There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you.
- The giant spiders contained in the Box of Gavrok in Buffy the Vampire Slayer attach themselves to people's faces before killing them.
- The Face Sucker in Munchkin.
- Gligar and Gliscor from Pokémon.
- Headcrabs from the Half-Life saga.
- Brainsuckers from X-COM: Apocalypse, which are used as ammunition by certain aliens in addition to appearing on their own. Replacing a person's brain is their entire purpose; They don't even have a digestive system.
- The Protozoid Slimers from Duke Nukem 3D.
- Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy: The Aura Beasts come of nowhere and wrap around Nick's face. Oh, and the only way to see them coming is using the psi draining Aura Vision.
- In Campus Safari, Chrome's miniwhip Aurla does a good impression of one. (Played for laughs)
- Cross Time Cafe: Sam Starfall pulls one of these off in an early strip. Hortmage finds it irritating and, maybe, disgusting.
- Edward's monster in Monster Pulse. It helps that it's actually his face.
- In Zero Percent Discount, a Banana Peel turns into a facehugger.