Tropers / Ryumaru
Whatever you say, Wiki.
I'm a teenage geek
who recently joined up with this site, after using it as a writing resource for a year or so. I'm an amateur writer, hoping to make it big with an Urban Fantasy
novel, with lots of snark in the first-person narration from the supernatural cops
who are my main characters. I'm also a reviewer for a friend's small-time gaming site, http://www.tipofthenose.com
. Oh, and I have a frakking MASSIVE case of ADCD.
What I do in my spare time? Read, play video games, post stuff on my DeviantArt account,
surf the net, and act.
I also have a Troper Work written: In The Blood.
Tropes that could describe me:
- Deadpan Snarker: But not out of malice or anything. It takes people a little while to learn that when I snark, I usally don't mean any offense or anything like that....
- Stoic Spectacles: Okay, maybe I'm not quite as emotionless as many of the guys there. But it's the thought that counts. Blended a bit with Meganekko.
- Take That: I frequently take shots at Twilight. Among other things.
- Nakama: I wouldn't give them up for the world. Better than my biological family in a lot of ways, these guys.
- Geeky Turn-On: But nobody else I know seems to have this trope apply. *sigh*
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Not really "brilliant", exactly, but I've been told my writing is excellent. The "lazy" part qualifies no matter where you look.
- Precision F-Strike: I refrain from swearing profusely precisely for this effect.
I get around it with old swear words that aren't as strong anymore, very mild words, and creative use of the word "crap." Character Development has rendered this a bit moot. I still keep things mild, but rarely go beyond "damn" and "hell." The profuse amounts of "crap" still applies though.
- Five-Man Band: A group of my Nakama, of which I was the Sixth Ranger, now upgraded to The Smart Guy. I've even stated it out loud to them.
- Only Sane Man: With friends and at home. The snark helps.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: I'm working on it. I have Pinky and the Brain nailed. Evidently I'm also quite good at Jack Sparrow and Viral.
- Genre Savvy: I'm convinced my life has been turned into a Troperiffic cross between a Sitcom and bizarre Anime. For reasons of not wanting to be boring, I feel obligated to do this.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT wake me up if I'm fast asleep. I like my sleep. You wouldn't like me when I'm sleep-deprived....
- Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral: I waver between the two. Some days I just don't care enough to be good. Other times, it's just funnier.
- Hot-Blooded: I get this way sometimes. Being a big fan of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann doesn't help.
- Unusual Euphemism: Numerous. My favorite one I've come up with is "Sweet Loli Jesus," with "son of a bitmap" being a close second.
- Surrounded by Idiots: My school is in a town with lots of farmland nearby. Cue rednecks and idiot jocks.
- Amusing Injuries: Inflicted on me most of the time, either through friends or just bad luck. Locker-to-the-head and other similar blows seem to be popular amongst my karmic tormentors.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Jya, kore wa tanoshii ne? (I do this to annoy friends as well. X3)
- Hazel Eyes, coupled with... is there a trope for messy brown hair?
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Why I prefer actual headphones as opposed to earbuds. Not only that, but they look cooler and I find that they're kinda sexy.
Things I Love:
- Gurren Lagann: It. Changed. My. Life.
- Firefly: "I was aimin' fer 'is head."
- Castle: "I really am ruggedly handsome, aren't I?"
- Oh, screw it. Anything involving Nathan Filion. And anything with Neil Patrick Harris.
- Star Trek (Especially TNG and DS9.)
- ReBoot: We've still got a few episodes on VHS somewhere in the wasteland that is our garage....
- Transformers Beast Wars (I still have the toys)
- The World Ends with You: My DeviantArt avatar is a Sonic sprite dressed like Sho. Do you think I like this?
- Touhou Project: Love is an understatement here. More like "wish I could actually live in Gensokyo."
- Final Fantasy, especially FFTA2.
- Kingdom Hearts
- Klonoa (WAHU!)
- Crash Bandicoot: Since game 1, baby.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Yeah, yeah, shoot me for being part of a Broken Base. At least I avoid Fan Dumb)
- Discworld: So much so that I wish I could voice Death. The moment that won me over to the series (aside from reading Thud!), as posted in the Gushing About Characters You Like section: In Hogfather, when he rescues the little match girl. (spoiler'd for reasons of if you haven't read Hogfather, you need to NOW, and I don't want to spoil the scene) I had to read the original poem in my sophomore english class, and it just about caused a Heroic BSOD. And then, two years later, I read that scene and almost teared up. God DAMN, Pterry deserved getting knighted for that scene alone. He made the freaking Grim Reaper a goddamn hero. Hell, rereading that passage gets the same reaction from me every. single. time.
- Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures
- Girl Genius: Want. Gil. Costume. NOW.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Bards kick ass. That is all.
Articles I Work On:
For some reason, the index thingy hates me. So have a link to The Contributors
. Feel free to send me a PM or drop a message below.
Messages go here: