Tropers: Meikyu Butterfly
There was no point in drawing this Self Portrait, but I still did it.
Meikyu Butterfly, also known as Nenilein
or just Neni
elsewhere, has been a troper for more than one year, but never gotten around to type down an actual page of herself yet. This troper is a japanophile Otaku Surrogate
and even proudly uses the word "Otaku", despite knowing about the bad, bad, bad
publicity it got and still gets. She hopes to help diminishing the never-ending prejustice about Otaku by doing so. Note, however, that she's not a Fujoshi
This austrian troper is fluent at English, but still makes grammar mistakes from time to time and tends to overlook half of her Spelling Mistakes, attracting the attention of the Grammar Nazi
. Despite this, she does not loath the Grammar Nazi
, but sees him as a helpful friend. Meikyu Butterfly is also a student of "Japan Studies" on Vienna University and learning Japanese.
Currently obsessed with Rozen Maiden
and especially Ace Attorney
. Long-Time obsessions include the Kingdom Hearts
series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
, Shakugan no Shana
, The Legend of Zelda
. Fan of 8-Bit Theatre
Currently holding the title Austrian Otaku of the Year
This troper provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Due to mixed ancetry, this troper looks nothing like her fellow austrians and guessing her heritage almost never results in getting it right.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: 3 of them.
- Asperger Syndrome: Diagnosed a year ago and not unhappy about it. Some other tropes regarding this troper partly stem from this fact, like Otaku Surrogate and Tsundere.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Can't even start to count all her abandoned Fanwork projects.
- Cosplay: Done costumes include Haruhi, Toon Link, Saria, Hatsune Miku, Shiny Guardevoir, Human Shana and Dahlia and Maya. A Toon Princess Zelda costume is planned.
- Ditzy Genius: According to about 2/3 of the people who meet her.
- Fan-Art: Proud owner of a DeviantArt account. Neither exspecially good nor exspecially bad.
- Fan Fic: Writes a lot. Half of it is German though and will probably never see the light of Fan Fic.Net. Has written original Shortstories as well, but almost never publishes those. Currently writting the Ace Attorney fanfiction "A Complete Turnabout". The current Zelda fanfiction, "Linked Chronicles" is on hiatus.
- Fangirl: Capable of squeeing on epic levels. Still, tries to stay the Only Sane Woman in Flame Wars. She often fails, once the debatte gets too heated.
- Girlish Pigtails: Signature Hairstyle.
- Gratuitous English: Tends to use English words (and Wiki Words) even while talking in german, much to the confusion of people around her.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Has a tendency to use japanese sentences now and then. Justified in that she is actually taking Japanese classes and has no other means of training her language-skills. Played more straight in some of her older Fanfictions and, especially, on her Fanart.
- Motor Mouth: Coupled with No Indoor Voice and Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness causes this troper to become the Critical Annoyance Factor of her environment and often causes Real Life cases of Stop Helping Me!.
- No Indoor Voice: Has been accused of this by her friends and families several times.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Guess this troper's favorite color and the color of half of her wardrobe
- Otaku Surrogate / Gamer Chick
- Tsundere: Type A towards her family, Type B towards pretty much anybody else.
- This Loser Is You: The universe just loves labeling anvils with this girl's name.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Or rather - Having any other interest, exspecially involving the internet, beside the things you are supposed to do for your future will ruin your life.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Thiss trooper feils eppically at spelinng.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The reason why people hate listening to her. Less noticeable in English, because of the shorter range of her vocabulary.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: "I am Austrian!" would be a convenient excuse for this one, wouldn't she make ''the exact opposite mistakes in German''.