Roleplay / We Are At A Teen Sleepover
We Are At A Teen Sleepover
is a Play-by-Post Game
created by Suke Sho
. The premise is simple: the participants are at a teen sleepover.
Okay, that doesn't cover even half of it.The thread quickly derailed
into a mishmash of insanity
, involving giant hands, truth or dare, thaumilogical waves, Eldritch Abominations
, and the lack of Folgers coffee,
with the current plot (if it can be considered one) not resembling the original premise in any way.
Well, what are you waiting for?
Tropes that appear in this train-wreck:
- Artifact Title: Because the thread only vaguely resembles its original premise, it doesn't really fit the title anymore.
- A few of the group tried to bring it back to normal. They failed miserably.
- Berserk Button: We highly recommend not taking Anomalocaris's lead pipe. Or replacing it. Heck, just don't even touch it.
- And don't damage Sadist's yuri.
- Breaking Fire's flamethrower is likewise a bad idea.
- And Mega Magikarp apparently hates the Keebler Elves.
- Becoming the Costume: A variant, at one point everyone turns into their avatars.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: This is pretty much what we are and act like.
- Bilingual Bonus: Otaku and Firestarter have a conversation in spanish. Then Queen chimes in with latin. Eventually we're all discussing in various languages and how bad we are at them.
- Blood Knight: A few people from time to time.
- Butt Monkey: Queen, frequently on the receiving end of the amount of violence and squickiness going on.
- Call to Adventure: Invoked by Phoenixor with his fedora. It works.
- Channel Hop: A particularly sudden example, the thread was quietly moved to the Role Playing section. See the entry on They Changed It, Now It Sucks for more details.
- What made it worse was that Gold asked the mods to move it with out consulting the others first, leaving most people confused about where it went.
- The thread's activity dwindled as a result of this.
- Character Development: Many of the tropers end up much different from when the entered.
- Chaste Hero: So far, only Mr W, Anomalocaris, and a few newcomers have remained this way.
- Companion Cube: Don't take Anomalocaris's lead pipe.
- To a lesser extent, Anno's katana and Firestarters flamethrower.
- Cooldown Hug: Has happened twice. Both times, it worked wonders.
- Crazy Cat Lady: One with the power to shoot beams of... something attacks Tre after he finds one of hers lost in the street.
- Cloudcuckoolander/The Ditz: QUEEN. OF. DARKNESS.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of the participants.
- Death Is Cheap: Boy is it ever.
- Depraved Bisexual / Psycho Lesbian: Averted with Compassionate Sadist, arguably the kindest one of the bunch.
- Although played straight as a pin(heh) with Land Of Gold
- Disproportionate Retribution: Gold kisses someone. He gets shot. He stops capitalizing his sentences. His life is threatened repeatedly.
- Drop-In Character: Tre.
- Dysfunction Junction: Sanity? What's that?
- Early Installment Weirdness: Inverted... kind of. It starts out as a cliche Sex Comedy sort of sleepover, but then it quickly derails into the the quite insane form it is today. On the other hand, for people more used to the insanity, the game's early format would probably be... strange for them.
- Eldritch Abomination: They appear from time to time. Most of them are friendly. The rest, not so much.
- Eldritch Location: Anom and Megamagikarp once got stuck in alleyway that was one of these, with a very strong rainstorm and brick walls that closed in on them when the weren't looking at them.
- Extreme Omnivore: Anomalocaris has eaten the refridgerator on multiple occasions. One was rigged with explosives.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Apparently, Twilight.
- For the Evulz: Black Hole dared Mr W to slit a cat's throat and eat it's eyeballs with no seasoning.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: On a Friday, fittingly.
- Gender Bender: More than a few participants had their genders switched when the avatar curse came along.
- Recently, Katana Cat was turned into a boy by an evil wizard. (S)he almost immediately complained that this would "make my singing Hikaru Michi sound completely wrong."
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: A monstrous... thing appears at the local mall with little warning nor explanation.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: The natural reaction when Anno and Sadist had a bit too much fun in bed.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Happens frequently with all the things that are going on.
- Gorn: The result of Anomalocaris eating a explosives-rigged refrigerator. He gets better.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Anamonkey fits this trope very nicely. She only takes the first letter of a swear word and says it. Does that remind you of anything?
- Grammar Nazi: At one point, Gold abandons all grammar. His life is threatened. Repeatedly.
- Also happens frequently with the grammarless queenofdarkness. W in particular once compared her grammar to My Immortal!
- Hammer Space: Where is everyone getting these random items!?
- Tre's bag was his justification for this, but then it exploded. (He got a new one a week later.)
- This is Black Hole's reason for having so much popcorn.
- Hilarity Ensues: When the squick and violence isn't ensuing, this is.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Many of the participants.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon: Several.
- Inner Monologue: Black Hole has these from time to time. Mostly during stressful situations, like when she was being chased by the cops with Tre riding shotgun.
- At times, her inner voice isn't very nice.
- Tre himself has one just after his Heroic B.S.O.D. / Not Himself moment with Queen, and it isn't very nice toward himself.
- In-Series Nickname: Anom, Fire, Black, Queenie,and most other names are shortened.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Particpants that don't end up completely bonkers from the insane happenings end up cynical.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: Several of the participants were sucked into Queenofdarkness's mind for a brief time.
- And later Land Of Gold's.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Anno's weapon of choice.
- Kissing Under the Influence: Gold and Queen almost sleep together after getting ahold of W's distilled wheat alchhol. Luckily, Gold sobers up and refuses before anything happens. Then Queen rapes him.
- Lampshade Hanging: LOADS.
- Mind Screw: You have NO idea.
- Morality Chain: Gold tends to stop fighting whenever Black Hole Of Food or megamagikarp show up.
- Mushroom Samba: Mr. W gets one.
- And later on a trip to Egypt, everyone gets one after eating some cacti. Mega attempted to solve the problem by feeding those still afflicted mushrooms, but he only made things worse.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: What happens to poor Mr. W and queenofdarkness when they provoke Anomalocaris.
- No Periods, Period: Subverted by queenofdarkness, who apparently turns into a tree every month.
- Oh, Crap!
- Only Sane Man: A lengthy conversation is had determining who is and is not sane. It's eventually decided Firestarter and Black Hole are the sanest, followed closely by Mr. W and Sadist.
- Among other bodily substances and samples.
- Pćdo Hunt: When Sadist dared Anno to sell something with only her underwear on, the seedy neighbors tried to have their way with her, leading to this. While the others came just as the kidnapper was killed, his equally shady friends came in. None of the kidnapper's friends survived.
- Pyro Maniac: Firestarter, true to her name.
- Pass the Popcorn: This happens a lot.
- Random Events Plot: In the loosest term of the word "plot".
- Reality Warper: Firestarter. Queenofdarkness becomes one in one particularly dorky arc.
- Rule of Cool: Tre once plugged a Fender Jazz Bass into a Super Soaker and used it to shoot people by playing it... and that is just the beginning.
- Running Gag: A few.
- LOG constantly trying to
woo rape Black Hole
- Queenofdarkness doing something stupid
- Whenever Sadist comes in, somebody(mostly Mr W) will glomp her.
- And let's not forget the whole "dipping someone's hand in warm water when they're asleep" Prank.
- Someone (Usually Sadist) saying "Pass the Popcorn"
- Megamagikarp breaking his arm.
- Tre always falls down stairs whenever he appears.
- Sinister Scythe: Wannabeotaku owns one.
- Shipper on Deck: Sadist and Fire are both Gold/Magik fans.
- Otaku is also a W/Sadist fan.
- Shout-Out: It's only natural.
- Let's take the avatar curse for example...
- Firestarter became Yuki Nagato.
- Land Of Gold turned into Shadow Man, Gemini Man, Roll, Ice Man, Mega Man, Proto Man, Flash Man, Elec Man, and Matthew.
- Mr W turned into Barrel, Luigi, Tom Waits and recently Coraline.
- Phoenixor became himself. With green hair. Then Ace Rimmer. Recently he's become Kamina, although his personality has remained unchanged.
- Black Hole Of Food became Pops, Mordecai and Conan Edogawa.
- Compassionate Sadist became Kaguya and Eirin, both at once.
- Megamagikarp Turned into Russia.
- Tre makes several appearances.
- We visit a room with a moose.
- The house once turned into Silent Hill.
- One arc has the characters watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas!.
- Tre joins the thread by busting the house's door open and yelling "GUESS WHO'S NOT DRUNK?!"
- Pies became Giygas at one point.
- We fight a giant cat mecha piloted by a Crazy Cat Lady.
- Songs sung include The Megas, Axis Powers Hetalia theme, and Never Gonna Give You Up.
- Slumber Party: Obviously.
- Stalker with a Crush: Land of Gold seems to be this towards Black Hole, constantly hitting on her, much to her annoyance.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Take That: Queen is compared to Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way, several shots are taken at Twilight and the live-action How the Grinch Stole Christmas!.
- Tempting Fate: Happens a lot, especially to Anno.
- The Glomp: Happens so often between W and Sadist it literally became law to do so.
- This Is Gonna Suck: When Queen became a Reality Warper, most people expected the worst.
- Troperiffic: Do you see how long this page is?
- Try Not to Die
- True Companions: For a while.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Yuri Fan: Mr W, Compassionate Sadist, queenofdarkness, and Anno.
- Artistic License - Biology: At one point, Black Hole was afraid to burn a sack of cupcakes, because she feared the sugar will get into the atmosphere and make every one diabetic. Somewhat justified, as the cupcakes were so sugar-loaded they probably would somehow.