Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 3 E 2 Club Spongebob My Pretty Seahorse
Club SpongebobSpongebob and Patrick get Squidward into their little club... which takes them all the way out into the middle of the forest.My Pretty SeahorseSpongeBob befriends a seahorse he calls Mystery, but trouble ensues when it follows him to the Krusty Krab.
Club Spongebob contains examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: Subverted. The park ranger is just as lost (and looney) as the they are.
- Break the Haughty: Happens to Squidward when the toy conch shell keeps saying no.
- Companion Cube: The toy conch shell which SpongeBob and Patrick base all their decisions on. Their devotion to it borders on Cargo Cult.
- Driven to Madness: Squidward eventually succumbs to insanity at the end, obeying the toy conch shell with the others.
- Emergency Cargo Dump: A plane carrying picnic supplies has to jettison its cargo to keep from crashing. It all lands neatly in front of SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward.
- Forbidden Fruit: Squidward only wants to join the club because SpongeBob said he couldn't go in (although he meant that the clubhouse was too small for the three of them).
- Going in Circles: What makes Squidward give up on finding a way out of the forest.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: "Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled with MISERY? WHY??"
- No Ending: There's no resolution to the problem of getting out of the forest.
- Prematurely Marked Grave: Lost in the kelp forest, Patrick is seen building coffins for himself, SpongeBob and Squidward.
- Snarky Inanimate Object: The Conch Shell sure has it in for Squidward.
- Tree Buchet: Squidward accidentally propels the clubhouse into the woods when he tries to pull his way out, creating a buchet.
- Treehouse of Fun: The clubhouse, built on a tall seaweed stalk.
My Pretty Seahorse contains examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: SpongeBob, when naming Mystery, considers calling her Grace or Majesty... or Debbie.
- Ass Shove: Implied when two fish mistake Mystery for a kiddie ride and search for the coin slot.
- Then again, Mystery is a girl, so...
- Brick Joke: When SpongeBob says that Patrick is building a stable for Mystery, it cuts to Patrick with a board nailed to his head. The board remains there when he appears at the end.
- Extreme Omnivore: Mystery eats everything in the Krusty Krab kitchen, including Old Man Jenkins! (He gets better)
- Onion Tears: Squidward seems to be crying for Mystery, but in reality there's a bowl of onions next to him. Later a random stranger is seen crying, but it turns out Squidward has passed the onions onto him.
- Running Gag: Someone crying during a Tear Jerker due to a bowl of onions under their face.
- Shoo the Dog: SpongeBob is so overcome with emotion when shooing out Mystery that he doesn't notice when she leaves, or when he accidentally shoos out Patrick.
- Swallowed Whole: Old Man Jenkins.