Club SpongebobSpongebob and Patrick get Squidward into their little club... which takes them all the way out into the middle of the forest.The episode begins with Spongebob and Patrick heckling Squidward as he bikes to work. When Squidward demands to know what they’re doing they say he can’t as he’s not a part of the club and he couldn’t get in even if he tried! Squidward, incensed by their mockery, climbs the stalk despite the dimwitted duo telling him he can’t get in. It turns out Squidward can’t get in because the clubhouse is too small to fit Spongebob and Patrick, let alone all three of them. Squidward tries to escape by climbing down a vine but winds up pulling the clubhouse and stalk. When the vine breaks the three stooges are launched like a catapult through the air before crashing deep within a kelp forest. While the ditzy duo cheer like they had gone on the best thrill ride in their lives Squidward panic as now they're lost with no help… save for the “Magic Conch”, a toy conch shell the devout duo treat with the zeal of a prophet. Squidward doesn’t believe their stupidity and leaves to find a way out, only to become lost and frightened. He runs until he sees light… and winds up back at the clearing. The next scene has Squidward struggling to eat near his small shelter made out of the club while he mocks his neighbors "as if the answers to all your problems will fall right out of the sky!” Just above a plane is falling out of the sky and drops the load, right onto Spongebob and Patrick, complete with food, shelter, and a roaring fire. Squidward tries to get in on the luck too but they will only do it if he asks the Magic Conch Shell. The shell turns out not to like Squidward and responds to anything he asks for it says “no”. Squidward is about to blow up in a rage before a Park Ranger chops his way in the clearing. Squidward tells him he’s been trapped for weeks with the dim duo and their Magic Conch Shell, something the Ranger also a member of the club. The episode ends with Squidward breaking down and joining the club in doing nothing until help arrives.
Club Spongebob contains examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: Subverted. The park ranger is just as lost (and looney) as the they are.
- Big "WHY?!": Squidward exclaims this after he is launched into the kelp forest with Spongebob and Patrick, and wonders why every 11 minutes of his life is filled with misery.
- Break the Haughty: Happens to Squidward when the toy conch shell keeps saying no.
- Companion Cube: The toy conch shell which SpongeBob and Patrick base all their decisions on. Their devotion to it borders on Cargo Cult.
- Driven to Madness: Squidward eventually succumbs to insanity at the end, obeying the toy conch shell with the others.
- Emergency Cargo Dump: A plane carrying picnic supplies has to jettison its cargo to keep from crashing. It all lands neatly in front of SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward.
- Forbidden Fruit: Squidward only wants to join the club because SpongeBob said he couldn't go in (although he meant that the clubhouse was too small for the three of them).
- Gilligan Cut: Squidward mocks Spongebob and Patrick for thinking the answers to all their problems will just "fall right out of the sky". Next scene:Pilot: Dude! We're falling right out of the sky!
- Going in Circles: What makes Squidward give up on finding a way out of the forest.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: "Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled with MISERY? WHY??"
- No Ending: There's no resolution to the problem of getting out of the forest.
- Prematurely Marked Grave: Lost in the kelp forest, Patrick is seen building coffins for himself, SpongeBob and Squidward.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Squidward gives a smug one to SpongeBob and Patrick for listening to the magic conch shell while holding a pan with a bug on it.Squidward: Doesn't that smell good, SpongeBob? You haven't eaten in days. How about you, Patrick? A big boy's gotta eat. Well, you can't have any. And do you know why, SpongeBob? Because your club president is a shell! If you had listened to me, you'd have food, shelter, and a roaring fire. But instead you listened to a talking clam... that tells you nothing! As if the answers to solve all your problems will fall right out of the sky! (laughs) Fall right out of the sky!
(camera switches to an airplane falling out of the sky)
- Shaking the Rump: Squidward does this in front of SpongeBob while mocking him for listening to the magic conch shell.
- Snarky Inanimate Object: The Conch Shell sure has it in for Squidward.
- Tree Buchet: Squidward accidentally propels the clubhouse into the woods when he tries to pull his way out, creating a buchet.
- Treehouse of Fun: The clubhouse, built on a tall seaweed stalk.
- Troll: The Magic Conch Shell towards Squidward.Squidward: Can I have something to eat?
Magic Shell: No.
Squidward: Can I have something to eat?
Magic Shell: No.
Squidward: Can I have something to eat?
Magic Shell: No.
Squidward: CAN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING ELSE BUT NO!?
Magic Shell: Try asking again.
Squidward: (hopefully) Can I have something to eat?
Magic Shell: (snarkily) No!
My Pretty SeahorseSpongeBob befriends a seahorse he calls Mystery, but trouble ensues when it follows him to the Krusty Krab.It’s Springtime in Bikini Bottom and SpongeBob has spring fever. While Spongebob loves the plants, they sure on’t love Squidward as they hiss at him when he said “hello”, which Spongebob thinks is Hay Fever. As a kindness Spongebob plants some hypoallergenic flowers for him but finds them mysteriously disappearing every time he looks away. He keeps an eye on a new flower for three days straight for it to be gone the moment he looks away. It turns out a seahorse has been eating them, and its beauty captivates the sponge. He watches her behind a rock noting her grace and majesty and thinks of very original names for her, like “Grace” or Majesty”… or “Debbie”. He befriends her when she eats his floral bookmark goes to bond with a montage. The next day Spongebob takes the seahorse, now called “Mystery”, but finds not everybody loves her as much as he does when she kicks Scooter over the horizon and his friend freaks out. Mr. Krabs calls her a monster and wants her out and tells him to get rid of her. Instead of listening, he hides her in the kitchen. She winds up loving the taste of Krabby Patties…and everything else (including Old Man Jenkens)! Mr. K finds out when too many order disappear and threatens to fire SpongeBob. He asks Mr. Krabs if he ever had a bond like they did to find that Mr. K did and had to learn to let go as well and that a restaurant isn’t a place for her. SpongeBob agrees and tearfully tells Mystery (and Patrick) to leave. Mr. K comforts him before Squidward says that Mystery left with an after dinner salad of Mr. Krabs’ money. Mr. K and SpongeBob chase after her as it fades to black. The episode ends with Patrick trying to get into a hat shop despite the board nailed to his forehead.
My Pretty Seahorse contains examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: SpongeBob, when naming Mystery, considers calling her Grace or Majesty... or Debbie.
- Ass Shove: Implied when two fish mistake Mystery for a kiddie ride and search for the coin slot.
- Brick Joke: When SpongeBob says that Patrick is building a stable for Mystery, it cuts to Patrick with a board nailed to his head. The board remains there when he appears at the end.
- Chased Off into the Sunset: As Mr. Krabs comforts SpongeBob for letting Mystery go, Squidward suddenly interrupts the conversation and reveals that Mystery ate all the money in the vault, making Krabs and SpongeBob run after Mystery, disappearing into the distance.Squidward: Hey, Mr. Krabs! Looks like ol' Mystery had an after-dinner salad!
(points at money vault, nearly empty with bits of eaten cash)
Mr. Krabs: GET THAT HORSE!!!!
(He and SpongeBob run after Mystery)
Mr. Krabs: Mystery! Come back!
SpongeBob: Mystery! Weesnaw!
Both: Mystery! Come back here!
- Comically Missing the Point: Mr. Krabs quickly is shocked to see Mystery in the kitchen. Instead of being alarmed that Mr. Krabs found out, SpongeBob tells his boss about Mystery suffering a stomachache due to having eaten too much.
- Extreme Omnivore: Mystery eats everything in the Krusty Krab kitchen, including Old Man Jenkins! (He gets better)
- I Ate WHAT?!: Two customers spit out their Krabby Patties when they overhear Mr. Krabs telling SpongeBob that "the kitchen is no place for a live horse."
- Onion Tears: Squidward seems to be crying for Mystery, but in reality there's a bowl of onions next to him. Later a random customer is seen crying, but it turns out Squidward has passed the onions onto him.
- Running Gag: Someone crying during a Tear Jerker due to a bowl of onions under their face.
- Shoo the Dog: SpongeBob gets overcome with emotion and cries covering his eyes before shooing out Mystery that he doesn't notice Mystery leaving. Patrick then arrives bored.Spongebob: Just get out of here, you stupid, dumb animal! (Patrick walks away without reaction)
- Swallowed Whole: Old Man Jenkins.