is an eclectic band composed of two young men who seem a little... demented. They have music which range in themes from Halloween-esquire to dark cabaret styles. The lead singer, Curtis RX, also has a solo career, and has released an album under the name Rufus Rex
- The Greatest Show Unearthed
- It Was A Dark And Stormy Night...
This band provides examples of:
- Amusement Park of Doom / Circus of Fear: The Greatest Show Unearthed
- Bound and Gagged: The band has a song named precisely that, about a kidnapped daughter.
- Buried Alive: Such Horrible Things has the narrator do this to his big brother (who gets better), and Buried Alive which is where the narrator wants this to happen after reading too much Poe.
- There's also E is for Erik who was buried alive in "A Gorey Demise".
- Creepy Circus Music: "The Greatest Show Unearthed"
- Eldritch Abomination: "Fodder For the Elder Gods
- Enfant Terrible /Villain Song/ Card-Carrying Villain: Such Horrible Things. The narrator was a right terror from birth to 18, when he's finally tossed in the madhouse for the rest of his life.
- Eye Scream: "A Gorey Demise" lists the deaths of 26 people in alphabetical order, including F, for Frank who was stabbed through the eye.
- Fate Worse than Death: The song of the same name.
- Garfunkel: Erik X. Poor Erik.
- Grave Robbing: "Grave Robber At Large"
- Gory Discretion Shot: In "Such horrible Things", the singer mentions cryptically 'That one time' when he was 14. This goes directly into a guitar interlude under which screaming can be heard and which ends with the singer chuckling happily, implying that the events of age 14 were too graphic to describe in words.
- Haunted House: "The House of Myth"
- I Love the Dead: "A Corpse In My Bed"
- It Was a Dark and Stormy Night: The song of the same name.
- Insane Equals Violent: This appears to be the case in Such Horrible Things.
- Jack the Ripper: Though it's never specifically adressed, it's heavily implied the song 'Dr. Sawbones' is about Jack the Ripper.
- Lyrical Dissonance
- Monster Mash: "A Gorey Demise" starts with an undead dinner party before the host begins singing "the annual obituaries".
- Noodle Incident: That one time when the narrator of Such Horrible Things was 14.
- Ominous Music Box Tune: The beginning of "Mommy's Little Monsters".
- Also prominently featured in "Death of a Dollmaker".
- Puppeteer Parasite: "Look to the Skies" is about aliens who have come to earth to take over the bodies of people while they sleep.
- Removing the Head or Destroying the Brain: "Aim for the Head" provided the page quote.
- Shout-Out: See Whole Plot Reference, below.
- Song Of Song Titles: As noted above, "Buried Alive" is mainly Shout Outs to Edgar Allan Poe, starting with Masque Of The Red Death, and ending with The Raven.
- Things That Go Bump in the Night: The Unearthly Ones and Mommy's Little Monsters.
- Torches and Pitchforks: The Unearthly Ones: "An army of pitchforks and torches"
- Whole Plot Reference /Filk Song:
- Zombie Apocalypse: "Aim for the Head"