- Lucy offers to trade some comic books with Charlie Brown.
Charlie Brown: I've only got three: Mangle Comics, Disease Comics, and Gory Comics.
Lucy: That's fine...here, take three of mine.
Charlie Brown (seeing what he's gotten): The Little Bunnies...Billy Bluebird...The Funny Foxes... (angrily) HEY!
- Later, Shermy reads the titles of a comic book series Charlie Brown owns: Revolutionary War Comics, War of 1812 Comics, Civil War Comics, World War I Comics, World War II Comics, and Korean War Comics.
Charlie Brown: The next issue has really got me worried.
- Lucy recites a rhyme:
"Won four the money,
Too fore the show,
Three two get ready,
And for two go!"
That's fun to say even if I don't understand it!
- Charlie Brown and Schroeder talk:
Charlie Brown: Sometimes I think I must be a misfit. I just don't seem to fit in anyplace.
Schroeder: Maybe you could join a group of misfits.
Charlie Brown: I probably wouldn't even fit in there.
- Lucy is seen repeatedly tossing away a slice of bread, so that it lands with a "PLOP!", until she informs Violet:
I have discovered a SCIENTIFIC TRUTH: No matter how you drop a piece of bread 'n butter, it always lands on the rug "butter side down"!
- Charlie Brown and Violet:
Charlie Brown: Men are lots smarter than women!
Violet: THEY ARE NOT!
Charlie Brown: Men are lots smarter than GIRLS!
Violet: Not necessarily.
Charlie Brown: Well...men MUST be smarter than girl BABIES!
Violet: I guess I can grant you that, Charlie Brown.
Charlie Brown: Somehow, that wasn't much of a victory...