Funny: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- The first lines of the cartoon, as Lucy's carving the pumpkin:
Linus: *anguished* "Oh! You didn't tell me you were gonna kill it! AWH!"
- Lucy's advice on choosing the perfect Halloween costume before donning her witch costume:
- Sally getting scared by her own bed sheet ghost costume.
- Charlie Brown's Bedsheet Ghost costume with a surplus of eyeholes. It takes effort to botch something so simple that badly, and is all the funnier for it. "I had a little trouble with the scissors."
- After Linus tells Sally about the Great Pumpkin:
Sally: That's a good story.Linus:You don't believe the story of the Great Pumpkin? I thought little girls always believed everything that was told to them. I thought little girls were innocent and trusting.Sally: Welcome to the 20th century.
- When Lucy uses her sweetest voice to ask an adult for some candy she can give to "[her] stupid brother".
- "I Got a Rock."
- When the kids are going door to door and getting their bags filled, you can actually see the rocks being tossed into Charlie Brown's bag.
- When Lucy goes bobbing for apples and comes up with one that has Snoopy on the other side and freaks out.
Blecch! My lips touched dog-lips!
- When Schroeder plays "It's a Long Way to Tipperary", "There's a Long Long Trail" and "Pack Up Your Troubles" in succession, and Snoopy's responding mood shifts from happy to sad accordingly...
- Culminating when Schroeder's rendition of "Roses of Picardy" provokes an "OwwwOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOhhhhhhhhh!" from Snoopy.
- Snoopy rising out of the pumpkin patch and causing Linus to faint; then disappearing immediately after.
- When the Great Pumpkin fails to appear, Sally gives Linus an epic dressing-down that culminates in her violently shaking him while hollering "YOU OWE ME RESTITUTION!"
- Charlie Brown trying to console Linus:
Well, don't take it too hard, Linus. I've done a lot of stupid things in my life, too!
- He had inadvertently pushed Linus' Berserk Button when he said that. Linus proceeds to berate him all through the credits.
- Charlie Brown being forced to be a model.
- ...for a jack-o-lantern.
- A brief visual gag with Lucy holding a copy of TV Guide with her own picture on it.
- When Snoopy first sees Linus writing to the Great Pumpkin, the beagle starts laughing hysterically. He walks over to Lucy while laughing...who promptly tosses him away like a rag doll.
- In the beginning, Linus, eating a huge sucker & is sticky as all get out, jumps in Charlie Brown's leaf pile & ends up with a leaf-covered confection & an adorkable "beard" of leaves. Quoth the leaf-bearded Van Pelt boy, "Never jump into a leaf pile with a wet sucker!"
- This promo for a 2003 Canadian airing of the special.