Western Animation: Peanuts
The Peanuts Movie
(initially promoted in the teaser trailer as just Peanuts
) is a 2015 CGI animated feature film produced by 20th Century Fox
and Blue Sky Studios
, based on the popular comic strip by Charles M. Schulz
. Three of his grandchildren are producing it, and one is co-writer.
Have a look at the teaser trailer
and the official trailer.
The Peanuts Movie provides examples of:
- 3-D Movie
- All-CGI Cartoon: This is the first all-computer-generated Peanuts film in the franchise. It's designed to look like a literal translation from the Bill Mendelez-produced TV specials and shows, complete with animation playing on 2s, and flat perspective, giving off an almost stop-motion feel.
- Butt Monkey: Charlie Brown, by tradition. While trying to find a seat in a theater full of the cast, he drops his popcorn and everyone laughs at him. "Good grief", indeed.
- Retraux: This film is directly inspired by, and looks like a lush version of, the 1960s and 1970s specials.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Per usual, Snoopy steals all attention from Charlie Brown in the teaser.
- Stock Footage: Snoopy's and Woodstock's sounds are recycled audio from earlier works.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In the teaser, Charlie Brown gets to share a hug with Snoopy after the latter was annoying the former.