- In Mega Man 2, when you fight Metal Man again in Wily Stage 5, if you use the Metal Blade (his own weapon) against him... he dies in one hit in Normal Mode or 2 hits in Difficult Mode. He's the only Robot Master in the series to have such a crippling weakness to his own weapon.
- The weakness of the Picopico-kun boss in Wily Stage 2 is the next-to-useless Bubble Lead.
- And again with the Fake Wily Alien. It absorbs every attack you have except for, of all weapons, the Bubble Lead.
- Bubbleman is supposedly the Butt Monkey of the Robot Masters. His weapons are pathetic, he has several Weaksauce weaknessess, and a crippling design flaw makes him unable to walk.
- Gemini Man of Mega Man 3 was a tough boss, being able to create a clone of himself and fight you in perfect synch. But his weakness? He's afraid of snakes.
- From the same game, we have Hard Man. Taking it even further, his weapon consists of him using projectile fists.
- The intro cutscene to 7, where Auto gives Mega Man...A Metool helmet.◊
Auto: Here, Mega Man. Take this helmet with you!He puts the Metool helmet on him. Cue Letting the Air out of the Band.Mega Man: .......Auto: ...I guess not.Auto: Personally, I kinda like the other one...Auto gives Mega Man his normal helmet, his music plays properly this time.
- Another from 7: Shoot a Noise Crush with the right timing as you enter the boss room, and it is possible to defeat both Turbo Man and Spring Man before the battle even starts. Shame it only works in their stages.
- Using Freeze Cracker on Freeze Man causes him to regain health while stopping time to taunt the player.
- The ending of Mega Man 9 features an Overly Long Gag where Mega Man points out how many times Wily has failed in the past:
This is where you first went wrong, Wily! Then this time! And this time! And this time! And this time! And this time! And this time! And this time! And this time!
- The fact that the screen of Wily's defeat in Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8 and Mega Man & Bass were "recorded" in 8-bit style (you can tell, because Mega Man is the right colors for their respective Kryptonite Factor weapons) is even more hilarious. Also, the scenes with the rebuilt Robot Masters interspersed through the credits.
- A meta example: It was revealed that Hornet Man was originally a female robot master. The fans react exactly as you would expect.
- 10 brings us the Overly Long Gag involving the Wily Castle map, before the final level.
- The Yoka zoo computer area in Mega Man Battle Network 3 starts out with an animal puzzle requiring logic... and then turns into nonsense.
The Narrator: The rabbit program was so happy it exploded! [The rabbit program explodes]
- In Mega Man Legends, you can tell the shopkeeper your name is Hippopotamus. He'll refer to you as that for the entire game.
- Anytime Tron Bonne acts like a Tsundere to Mega Man. The first meeting for instance, where Tron has been chased up a street light by the little dog Paprika.
- There are a few occasions where you get bonus dialogue options in conversations, options which, while usually wrong as far as advancing the plot or sidequest, are universally hilarious. For instance, when asked what a painter needs to be better, one option is "some talent".
- In Mega Man Legends 2, after Tron's robot gets blown up in the ruins, the camera pans to Mega Man going really red in the face, and this exchange takes place:
Tron: *Coughing* Well, there goes another good Gustaff, but it doesn't matter, you're too late, we won! Bon is on his way up to the surface with the key. *coughs* What? Why is your face red? Why is everybody looking at me that way?One Servbot: Um, Miss Tron, your um clothes have been, um, kind of, um, ripped off....Other Servbot: Actually, your clothes are, um, gooone.Tron: What... ah... *Screams* ...y-you dummies! Why didn't you tell me before?!? R-retreat, retreat!Both Servbots: R-R-Roger!
- Also, after you fight Klaymoore the second time...his back goes out. The old timer has to, while stammering in pain, ask his partner Bola to take him out of the ruins.
- In "Electric Nightmare", Mega Man is locked in the bathroom and submerged in acid. He only has a few seconds left! Then Dr. Light walks by.
Dr. Light: Now why would anyone bar the outside of the bathroom door? ...OH NO!
- Earlier in that episode, we have Wily and Proto Man determine today's nefarious plot... by acting it out with action figures. Then Proto Man throws a temper tantrum and destroys them.
- Later, Dr. Wily takes control of all electrical appliances in the city, making them murderous and mobile. At one point, Mega Man and Roll gets chased by a hot dog wagon which isn't even electrical!
- Roll's over-the-top reaction to a cosmetics robot giving her a bad facial.
- "That sounded like an explosion!"
- Mega Man steals Magnet Man's power...with a high-five. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Pharaoh Man's succinct response to Mega Man stealing his power. See it here.
- In "Campus Commandos", Wily is stealing a building with an anti-gravity ray. Then Mega takes control of the ray.
Dr. Wily: Mega Man, that's my building! Give it back!
- What's even funnier is when Wily reacts by smashing the Skullker's control panels, causing it to fly everywhere.
- When Roll takes revenge on Top Man, we get a top-view with him crashing through the park, complete with pinball sound effects.
- The Big Shake:
Dr. Wily: Submit, or I will destroy the city.
The Mayor: I can't do that... That's slavery!
* Music Stops*
Dr. Wily: Sounds good to me.
- In "The Incredible Shrinking Mega Man", Mega's forced to use a pay phone to contact Dr. Light. This on its own is funny, but what sells it is Light's reaction.
Dr. Light: A collect call from Mega Man!? ...Yes, I'll accept the charges!
- In "Master of Disaster", Wily awakens Lotos the genie, who asks him what he wants him to do.
Wily: *gets the happiest tone in his voice* Well....you can start by destroying those meddling robots.
- This exchange:
- "Let's see how you do against...KUNG FU CUTMAN! HYAAA!"
- One perfect line from "The Day the Moon Fell".
Cutman: LOOK OUT! It's the blue dweeb!
- In Terror of the Seven Seas, Wily thinks he's managed to finally kill Mega Man by strapping him to a torpedo and then watching it explode. When Mega Man returns to Wily's floating fortress/super-ship, however, his reaction quickly goes from surprise to an evil chuckle and an attempt at complete and utter overkill. Apparently he has learned his lesson. His delivery of the line is what sells the moment.
Dr. Wily: Mega Man? Impossible!
Proto Man: Looks like nothing you got can stop him, Doc!
Dr. Wily: Oooh yesss? How about... eighty laser cannons, fifty missile launchers and - hehehe - two thousand pulse power photon neutralizers?
He fires them all at once, but they fail. Prompt the Villainous Breakdown as Mega Man begins cutting his way through a steel door.
Dr. Wily: Guts Man! Bomb Man! It's Mega Man! Punch him to pieces! Blow him to bits! Pulverize him!
- Cut Man is incompetent.
- Megaman's solution to dealing with complicated machinery.
Megaman: No time to be scientific! I need to shut this thing down! (Beats the crap out of the control panel)
- Ring Man's pissed off face after Megaman gives an Incredibly Lame Pun in Peril Park.
- Wily gets many of these.
Olga: Are you addressing me?Wily: Nooooo, I am monologuing to myself out loud... yes, I am talking to you.
- Rock punching out his alarm clock.
- When Mega Man takes his first steps into combatting Robot Masters, he asks why Dr. Light couldn't create robots named Origami Man or Pillow Man.
- In Short Circuits #3, when Roll imagines how she would react if she had Mega Man's powers:
"FIRE IS THE ULTIMATE CLEANSER!"
- When Crash Man boasts about how advanced he is, Mega Man asks him where his hands are. Baffled, Crash Man realizes this and actually concedes to the question's logic.
- Flash Man is defeated because he is jealous of Mega Man having hair, and wonders why Wily didn't give him any.
- The "battle" with the "Alien" in issue 12.
Wily: P-pay no attention to that man behind the hologram...!
Mega Man: Evil invaders from space? How ridiculous can you get?
Wily: You still fell for it! I saw you! You were scared!
- When Dr. Lalinde tells Quake Woman she "would like [her] to meet Drs. Light and Cossack and their creations", Kalinka protests that she's not a robot. Cossack clarifies that that's not what Lalinde meant - but she is still his greatest creation, and he'll... explain when she's older.
- When Needle Man is created, he stares at the cannons where his hands should be. Crash Man sympathizes.
- Worlds Collide #1: Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman attempt to settle what to name their new headquarters ("Death Egg III" or "Wily Flying Fortress") with Rock-Paper-Scissors... only to tie every time.
Eggman: Wily Egg?
Wily: Wily Egg!
- After the crossover, Wily wonders why he wants to stomp on a cartoon of eggs.
- In Issue 32's Short Circuit, Ice Man dreams of himself as a prince and Roll as Sleeping Beauty.
- The Short Circuit comic in Issue 33 had Mega Man playing a guitar. Because the issue is called "Unplugged", thus he'd be "Acoustic Rock".
- In Issue 37, after Dr. Wily pushes Dr. Cossack's Berserk Button, Cossack tenses up in pure rage and squeezes the handle of the mug he's holding so tight the mug breaks off the handle, with Roll dashing in to catch it.
- Mega Man's plan to escape an ice cavern does not impress Ice Man:
Ice Man: THAT WAS CRAZY AND STUPID AND WE NEARLY DIED!!Mega Man: But it worked!
- Top Man reacting to Mega Man going through his "stage."
Top Man: That's not how you're supposed to do it! (Mega Man uses Rush Jet to pass a section) You CAN'T bypass those! You're missing the entire point!