Despite being a Darker and Edgier
offshoot, there are still some good funny moments in the Mega Man X
- There are a lot of enemies that are based off of animals, including the Mavericks (read: Robot Masters). It can often get to riduculous levels. One of the biggest examples is Sting Chameleon's stage in X1, that had robot woodpeckers pick out robot caterpillars out of robot trees to attack our robot protagonist...
- Layer is so obviously in love with Zero but the entire thing just flies over his head at Mach 1. He's so clueless it's almost adorable.
- The 4Koma strips, while non-canon, are nothing but a string of hilarity. Highlights include X's Cloudcuckoolander moments and Alia being a mildly abusive Team Mom.
- Hitting bosses with certain attacks in X1-4 causes some funny things to happen.
Hit Flame Mammoth with the Boomerang Cutter enough times and you'll chop off his trunk, not only disabling one of his attacks but making him look silly as well.
- The boss Mavericks being named after members of Guns N' Roses in the US version of Mega Man X5.
- Mega Man X4: X goes in to fight Split Mushroom, who says he's under orders to destroy him. When X demands to know whose orders it is, Mushroom replies "Take a wild guess."
- Getting the Shoryuken in Mega Man X2.
Dr. Light: "Wow! You're so cool! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!"