- Here's a collection of funny quotes.
- Whenever a unit drops a Cluster F-Bomb, panics at the sight of superior force, gripes about the conditions of the war in general, calls out the actions of the player (especially if they click him too many times), Breaks The Fourth Wall, or does any combination of the above, odds are it's sidesplitting.
- Tune in here to listen to the funniest lines of Those Wacky Nazis - oops, I mean "Those Wacky Germans".
Yes sir, yes sir, YES sir, FUCK OFF, SIR!!!
Clickety-click. Clickety FUCKING CLICK! Fucking Scheiße!
- Nearly all of the Stop Poking Me lines each unit has. To give some examples:
No! I will not take my clothes off if you keep clicking.
- Airborne Paratroopers take it Up to Eleven, especially if you poke them in the middle of a battle.
AIRBORNE! Wanna go blow up HQ!?
You click me one more time and I will FUCKING
DOES YOUR MAMA KNOW YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!?
- Ordering infantry without anti armor weapons to attack armored vehicles tends to give some hilarious What the Hell, Player? responses.
- A cut scene in the second mission of the original campaign has this amusing conversation between a Wehrmacht Grenadier and his squad mate.
Squad leader: Hans, your coffee sucks. I'm not drinking this crap!
Hans: I'm not your mother you asshole, make your own goddamned coffee!
- Some of the Volksgrenadier quotes in battle are quite hilarious, with the squad leader bemoaning the sheer incompetence of his squad.
Squad Leader while in combat: Volksgrenadiers, God damn it! Try ACTUALLY aiming!
Squad Leader, again in combat Volks, for the love of God, stop embarrassing yourselves!
- The Germans in general are hilarious.
Reinhard? Fart into the radio!
Yes sir! *pptht*
Panzerschreck! Time to UNPIMP HIS RIDE!
(in a calm jovial tone) First class battle taxi. Driver! A reichsmark extra if you turn around and head for fucking Germany.
You think you get a tip for dropping us off in combat?!
- The description of Gilroy's Harbor, a skirmish/multiplayer map.
- American infantrymen sometime complain if you order them to build sandbags or deploy barbed wire.
: Sandbags completed, if I see one more bag of fucking
- Here's a collection of funny quotes.
- When infantry squads get wiped out, your announcer will tell you that. While that happens playing as the Russians, he'll sometimes say so... and add a second later that their clothes and weapons belong to the State.
- If infantry freeze to death while playing as the Russians, you may hear the announcer complain that if your troops freeze to death, they cannot die fighting the enemy, pretty much in those exact words.
- When you upgrade the Russian headquarters to have medics around it, the announcer will occasionally have his announcement accompanied by stressing "... but only for those who are seriously wounded!"
- Selecting a Conscript squad on a winter map occasionally has them respond "... I think I have snow in my pants." said quietly, as if you've interrupted him talking to himself or his squadmates.
- The tutorial video narrator delivers this gem in the Cover and Flanking Tutorial video:
You will undoubtedly hear a lot of F-words
on the battlefield, but the most important one is Flank
- What a Grenadier squad may say when they get promoted:
I know we have been promoted, but does that include a pay raise?
- German mortars crews can respond to being promoted with "Apparently, we've been promoted!", doing a Lampshade Hanging of how rather video game-y the veterancy system is in relation to indirect fire squads that (ideally) avoid ever personally seeing the enemy.
- The American Lieutenant from The Western Front Armies similarly frequently says dialogue with a tone of annoyance on how he's being notified of being promoted while he's, of course, in the middle of a fight.
- Ordering a Pak 40 crew to move may have its squad leader yell out:
- German idle chatter occasionally mentions that the Americans keep complaining about Pioneer spam, an infamous multiplayer strategy in the first game.
- Grenadier squads ordered to attack-move can say:
Fire at will, but not at Wilhelm, he owes me money.
- One of the Oh, Crap lines from a Soviet Conscript facing a Flamethrower is "I'm getting TIRED of this SHIT!!!" Makes you wonder how many times he had faced a flamethrower before being recruited into your army.
- When destroyed, the commander of the Russian Scout Car may express regret for having been the Fragile Speedster of the Red Army.
I should have been a tankist!
- It turns out that the Commissar which appears at your headquarters while Order 227 is active is aptly named 'commissar_of_death_227_mp' in the game's code.
- Ordering Panzergrenadiers with Panzerschrecks into a building causes a hilarious inversion of Read the Freaking Manual:
- A lot of the battle chatter from the Wehrmacht units can be quite chuckle worthy.
Machine gun has us pinned! Any lower and I'm going to be fucking this ground!
(after scoring a kill) We've gave them the chance to surrender!... did we?
Antitank gun is firing! (Beat
) Hey assholes!, we're Panzer GRENADIERS! Not PANZERS!
I suppose if they are very lucky they can give us a headache with that HE Rifle!
- One random bit of German infantry chatter has him sum up the Hell of the Eastern Front with a simple, elegant poem.
- This line was actually made up by one of their players (HelpingHans), and Relic Entertainment clearly decided they had to put it in the game.
- 2 also continues the tradition of having hilarious chatter for the German troops.
He chewed me out for not saluting, but I had my hands full. I thought he was being a real prick...
When the T-34 first appeared, it was very intimidating, and then we realized the Soviets couldn't shoot or drive for shit.
For two hours they shelled us with artillery, and not with the little shit either. No, I'm talking the big stuff, 152s and 203s. My balls still haven't came back down.
We shot at that T-34 57 times with that little 37mm, 57 times, and they still couldn't find us! They finally surrendered, I guess they got a headache and gave up.
HEAVY PANZER UNDER INFANTRY ATTACK!!!
) WHY AM I SHOUTING THIS!?
- The Russian units also have some funny lines:
I told mama I would see Elefants, Tigers, and Panthers. She thought I was visiting Moscow zoo.
No, I'm not defending German technical superiority, I'm stating the fucking obvious!
Industrialization, that is the only reason we are still in this war... And my balls... My BIG BALLS!
Flamethrower idiot! It throws flames, USE IT!
I am missing a biscuit! (Beat
THE SOVIET WAY, COMRADES!
- The Osttruppen, who verbally embodies being the Chew Toy when it comes to the battlefield. Particularly if it's ordered to attack an armored target...
KILL THAT TIGER!!! ...Somehow!
An Elefant! Shoot at the big fucker!