- Here's a collection of funny quotes.
- Whenever a unit drops a Cluster F-Bomb, panics at the sight of superior force, gripes about the conditions of the war in general, calls out the actions of the player (especially if they click him too many times), Breaks The Fourth Wall, or does any combination of the above, odds are it's sidesplitting.
- Tune in here to listen to the funniest lines of Those Wacky Nazis - oops, I mean "Those Wacky Germans".
WAR is a SERIOUS matter!! FUCK YOU!!!
Yes sir, yes
sir, FUCK OFF, SIR!!!
Clickety-click. Clickety FUCKING CLICK! Fucking Scheiße!
Who is doing that incessant button-tapping?
Reinhardt! Fart into the radio. Yes sir. [fart noise
- Especially funny in that video is two quotes link up amusingly:
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!
Hiding, keep it quiet!
- Nearly all of the Stop Poking Me! lines each unit has. To give some examples:
- Airborne Paratroopers take it Up to Eleven, especially if you poke them in the middle of a battle.
AIRBORNE! Wanna go blow up HQ!?
You click me one more time and I will FUCKING
DOES YOUR MAMA KNOW YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT!?
In case you didn't notice, THERE'S A FUCKING WAR OUT THERE!!!
- Ordering infantry without anti armor weapons to attack armored vehicles tends to give some hilarious What the Hell, Player? responses.
- A cut scene in the second mission of the original campaign has this amusing conversation between a Wehrmacht Grenadier and his squad mate.
Squad leader: Hans, your coffee sucks. I'm not drinking this crap!
Hans: I'm not your mother you asshole, make your own goddamned coffee!
- Some of the Volksgrenadier quotes in battle are quite hilarious, with the squad leader bemoaning the sheer incompetence of his squad.
Squad Leader while in combat: Volksgrenadiers, God damn it! Try ACTUALLY aiming!
Squad Leader, again in combat Volks, for the love of God, stop embarrassing yourselves!
Squad, on the move: Right foot left foot you idioten! We'll try shooting next."
When stopping: Halt! ...ugh, I feel like a teacher at the Hilfschule, I swear!”
- The Germans in general are hilarious.
Reinhard? Fart into the radio!
Yes sir! *pptht*
Panzerschreck! Time to UNPIMP HIS RIDE!
(in a calm jovial tone) First class battle taxi. Driver! A reichsmark extra if you turn around and head for fucking Germany.
You think you get a tip for dropping us off in combat?!
Stefan, your boots are on backwards, Dummkopf!
I am steel! Oh shit!
Where are they? Where are those fuckers?
(dying) Ahhhh! Stop, I command it
You have been at the candy again, haven't you?
* out of breath* I really must get in better shape.
I am your Leutnant, you will salute when I arrive!
Increase production now, or I will shoot you as saboteurs.
That is impossible, are you a spy
- Face it, who's tempted not to capture the last CP in second single-player mission before placing mines after mines on the convoy's route?
- The description of Gilroy's Harbor, a skirmish/multiplayer map.
- American infantrymen sometime complain if you order them to build sandbags or deploy barbed wire.
- Three US Engineer quotes are also chuckle-worthy:
When under attack: "We're getting the piss pounded out of us!"
- The Tiger Ace's gunner sounds stangely like a stoner.note
Tiger Ace Gunner
: I could use a good steak. Oh I forgot I don't eat beef.
Now I want some bacon. I love the smell of bacon. That's my favorite smell in the world. Bacon.
I bet there's hay in that barn. Lots of hay. You know what you could do with that much hay don't you? Yeah, I don't.
I saw some real people yesterday. Frenchies I think. They didn't look too happy. Actually, I just like to see naked women. It doesn't matter where. Or how.
- Occasionally, as troops march through the countryside and see something (for example, a dead cow), they may comment something amusing:
Panzergrenadier, when seeing a random tractor: "For a moment I thought I saw a French tank he he.."
Grenadier: "I swear I've been over this cow TEN FUCKING TIMES!
Airborne: "Mmm... BEEF!"
- The British are usually more serious and stiff-lipped than the rest of the factions, but they can also say some funny quotes (especially when overclicked), often being the Comically Serious:
"OH 'ELLO WANKER! WHAT DO YOU WANT!?"
"Ah bloody hell, which one of you bastards shite his pants?"
Kangaroo driver, when clicked many times: "No time for your incessant questions!"
Kangaroo driver, again when overclicked: "He's not that kind of kangaroo. Are you daft?"
Bren Carrier, when overclicked: "Bren here, here, HEREEEE!!"
Sapper, when clicked too many times: "No, I will not take my clothes off if you keep clicking."
(When entering a church): "Come on, let's see if Duffy
burts into flames."
"Command ordered this rain just for you, Duffy."
"(Also said in rainy weather): You're wishing for a rubber ducky, Duffy, you stupid meek?"
- The Hotchkiss commander occasionally complains about ending commanding this French tankette, because of its poor armor:
"Grandmother's wagen has more armor than this rusty can."
"Why do we get always stuck driving the Franzpanzer?"
When under fire: "Another shot!? We're still alive!?"
. I'm not dying in this French sardine can!"
When fleeing: "Drive! I don't care where, just drive!"
- But he would still prefer it over serving in the infantry:
"She may be French, but her cannon packs more punch than your pistol."
"I'd rather crew the Franzpanzer, than serve in the Volksgrenadiers."
- Here's a collection of funny quotes.
- When infantry squads get wiped out, your announcer will tell you that. While that happens playing as the Russians, he'll sometimes say so... and add a second later that their clothes and weapons belong to the State.
- If infantry freeze to death while playing as the Russians, you may hear the announcer complain that if your troops freeze to death, they cannot die fighting the enemy, pretty much in those exact words.
- When you upgrade the Russian headquarters to have medics around it, the announcer will occasionally have his announcement accompanied by stressing "... but only for those who are seriously wounded!"
- Selecting a Conscript squad on a winter map occasionally has them respond "... I think I have snow in my pants." said quietly, as if you've interrupted him talking to himself or his squadmates.
- The tutorial video narrator delivers this gem in the Cover and Flanking Tutorial video:
You will undoubtedly hear a lot of F-words
on the battlefield, but the most important one is Flank
- What a Grenadier squad may say when they get promoted:
I know we have been promoted, but does that include a pay raise?
- German mortar crews can respond to being promoted with "Apparently, we've been promoted!", doing a Lampshade Hanging of how rather video game-y the veterancy system is in relation to indirect fire squads that (ideally) avoid ever personally seeing the enemy.
- The American Lieutenant from The Western Front Armies similarly frequently says dialogue with a tone of annoyance on how he's being notified of being promoted while he's, of course, in the middle of a fight.
- Ordering a Pak 40 crew to move may have its squad leader yell out:
- German idle chatter occasionally mentions that the Americans keep complaining about Pioneer spam, an infamous multiplayer strategy in the first game.
- Grenadier squads ordered to attack-move can say:
Fire at will! No, not at Wilhelm! He owes me money.
- One of the Oh, Crap! lines from a Soviet Conscript facing a Flamethrower is "I'm getting TIRED of this SHIT!!!" Makes you wonder how many times he had faced a flamethrower before being recruited into your army.
- Also, the sergeant may say this gem when he orders his squad to garrison a vehicle:
"I do not care if you get carsick! Get.
. In. The. VEHICLEEEEEEE!!!"
- When destroyed, the commander of the Russian Scout Car may express regret for having been the Fragile Speedster of the Red Army.
I should have been a tankist!
- It turns out that the Commissar which appears at your headquarters while Order 227 is active is aptly named 'commissar_of_death_227_mp' in the game's code.
- Ordering Panzergrenadiers with Panzerschrecks into a building causes a hilarious inversion of Read the Freaking Manual:
- A lot of the battle chatter from the Wehrmacht units can be quite chuckle worthy.
Machine gun has us pinned! Any lower and I'm going to be fucking this ground!
(after scoring a kill) We gave them the chance to surrender!... Didn't we?
Antitank gun is firing! (Beat
) Hey assholes, we're Panzer GRENADIERS, not PANZERS!
I suppose if they are very lucky they can give us a headache with that AT Rifle!
- One random bit of German infantry chatter has him sum up the Hell of the Eastern Front with a simple, elegant poem.
- This line was actually made up by one of their players (HelpingHans), and Relic Entertainment clearly decided they had to put it in the game.
- 2 also continues the tradition of having hilarious chatter for the German troops.
He chewed me out for not saluting, but I had my hands full. I thought he was being a real prick...
When the T-34 first appeared, it was very intimidating, and then we realized the Soviets couldn't shoot or drive for shit.
For two hours they shelled us with artillery, and not with the little shit either. No, I'm talking the big stuff, 152s and 203s. My balls still haven't came back down.
We shot at that T-34 57 times with that little 37mm, 57 times, and they still couldn't find us! They finally surrendered, I guess they got a headache and gave up.
- The Russian units also have some funny lines:
I told mama I would see Elefants, Tigers, and Panthers. She thought I was visiting Moscow zoo.
No, I'm not defending German technical superiority, I'm stating the fucking obvious!
Industrialization, that is the only reason we are still in this war... And my balls... My BIG BALLS!
Flamethrower, idiot! It throws flames
, USE IT!
I am missing a biscuit! (Beat
THE SOVIET WAY, COMRADES!
- The Osttruppen, who verbally embodies being the Chew Toy when it comes to the battlefield. Particularly if it's ordered to attack an armored target...
KILL THAT TIGER!!! ...Somehow!
An Elefant! Shoot at the big fucker!
Taking fire from an assault tank! That's a FUCKING big gun they're shooting at us!
A FUCKING huge tank is shooting at us!
- United Kingdom Forces' clearly Welsh Royal Engineer/Sapper squad have...well, quite a lot of lines for attack orders against infantry where the squad leader say their targets are not the English, but shoot anyway/pretend their targets are the English.
"Think of them as bloody English! THEN SHOOT."
"They 're not English but shoot anyway."
- They also have other funny quotes, some of them outright snark, and others being also surprisingly deep.
"It's not fun when you attract a lot of fire."
"Horrible great clanking thing, blow it to buggery."
"Alright lads fall back...in good order you fucking idiots."
"My sister is taken with a Yank; thinks he is going to take her to America when this is all done..."
"You know ever since I've joined this army I've heard every joke about coal mining, sheep and choirs, and they are all bloody boring''.
- One of the trailers for the The British Forces expansion shows off the Churchill tank. At the end, a Churchill is seen parked next to a German squad fruitlessly emptying their rifles at it, at which point:
'Ave a grenade, ya cheeky buggers!
*The turret hatch opens and a grenade flies out, obliterating the attacking squad*
That'll teach ya to keep away!
*Churchill casually drives off*
- The trailer for the Centaur Tank has the stinger of the eponymous tank shooting down German planes in the stylings of a type writer, complete with a ping sound as it revs back to open fire.
- The British Forces as a whole makes up for a severe lack of humor from the other factions. Filled with deadpan snark courtesy of the Infantry Sections who would make sarcastic quips to humorous small black humor banter. The Announcer also counts as he would deliver the announcements in the most pompous matter,
"Fire like buggery he said, so I did. Only an officer's arse got in the way and I got one week in the glass house and Rupert's shot bollocks gets a medal"
My god, a tank's been lost.