Out of more recent manga
has got to be one of the funniest and downright craziest.
- The very opening line.
- How Hilda gets accepted into Oga's household. Funny in and of itself, but then Alaindelon decides to do the exact same thing to Furuichi's family.
- The "Blessed Urine" episode where Beel was peeing so much he threatened to drown everyone. First Oga tries to block the Baby Beel dam by tying it up with string, then he decides to buy diapers but attempts to put them on Beel's head, so Natsume has to help him out. But by then it's too late...
- There's also Oga's method of getting the others to come up with ideas.
- The MK-5 are good at what they do.
- Beel's cute little rivalry with Aoi's brother. He takes it incredibly seriously, but nearly always loses. It's even funnier with Kota smirking at him.
- In Chapter 12, Hilda convinces Oga (by breaking his PS2) to build a playpen for Baby Beel. Things don't go completely as planned.
- Furuichi and the pool incident, which cemented his early status as the crazy strategist. After trying and for once succeeding in looking cool, it seems like he's about to get his ass kicked again. Cue the near-baby-drowning.
- The sight of Alaindelon in a GIRL'S school uniform.
- When Beel transforms into a giant and promptly beats the stuffing out of a bigass monster in the Demon World.
- Kunieda stumbling across Oga and Baby Beel... training in the mountains. Her face says it all.
- Chapter 49: Oga thinks he's coming down with a cold. Doesn't stop him burying some skinheads in the concrete.
- Also, Oga tries to explain to Aoi the truth of Baby Beel, only to be sidetracked by the fact that he can't remember Beel's full name. Furuichi is no help, and Beel crawls off crying over the fact that neither one can remember his name. See it here.
- Welcome, boys. My name is Mr Volleyball.
- Himekawa's appearance once he lets his hair down and loses the sunglasses. It comes out of nowhere, and the guys' reactions make it even better.
- Now in animated form. The bishie sparkle and the fact that the seiyuu uses a calmer, bishie-like voice during the sequence makes it all the more hilarious.
- During the volleyball match against St. Ishiyama, Tojo and Oga perform one of the most epic things to ever grace such a game — a freakin' overhead kick. Which they then get fouled for.
- In the same match Himekawa gets pissed at Oga and Tojo for doing that thing above, because "if you're going to cheat then at least do it right!" Which results in Oga using Beel as a decoy for the volleyball.
- Oga boasts about learning new, powerful techniques to Miki. Guess what, they're his usual punches and kicks, but with added ham.
- Previously, he and Baby Beel had thrown a tantrum because they wanted to fight someone. Furuichi told him to act his age, which earned him a punch in the face.
- Baby Beel singing to try and lighten the mood. After Oga demanded that he do it, utterly straight faced.
- In Chapter 100, Zenjuro creates a fully powered Doppelgänger of Baby Beel to train him and Oga. Unfortunately, the clone is too much like Baby Beel and despite being able to throw out a Megaton Punch capable of knocking Oga back, his first instinct is to chase down a rabbit.
- En and his maids use magic to cheat in their video-game battle against Furuichi and company. So what does Himekawa do? BUY THE ENTIRE GAME. Which allows him to change the settings in such a way that their avatars become invincible and they get a bunch of Crazy Frogs that then combine into a Humongous Mecha. Their foes' reactions are priceless.
- Furuichi finding out that En was living RIGHT NEXT DOOR the whole time they were playing video games against him!
- Demon sword, Alaindelon!
- Even funnier the second time in the anime. Baby Beel picks him up and throws him at Furuichi's house, while the poor guy is screaming for it not to happen.
Narrator: And, like that, the second son of the Great Demon Lord, Beel-kun, safely conquered the Furuichi house.
- Chapter 108: Oga proudly declaring that he will now use his new finishing move... and calmly proceeding to make Baby Beel some milk, which includes waiting for the milk to cool down. The demons are not amused.
Graphiel: Isn't it done?
Oga: No, not yet! If you don't get it down to normal body temperature... What'll you do if it burns?!
- Poor Furuichi getting into easily misunderstood situations with Lamia. The second time around, it leads to En declaring full-scale war on him! Great reaction faces all around.
- Chapter 110: Oga being trapped in Beel's body thanks to Super Milk Time.
- After Beel wakes up in Oga's body, the first thing he does is take off his pants.
- In the next chapter, Oga in Beel's body instructs Beel in Oga's body to do something he would normally do. Beel immediately attempts to take off his pants.
- When Beel tries to take off his pants, Hilda tries to stop him. Then Oga's family walks in, and see Hilda on her knees in front of him, holding his unzipped pants. They leave immediately.
- Pudding. Pudding. Dance. Now animated.
- And later on Hilda, Kunieda and Oga in Beel's body do a three-way combo attack on Beel who's in Oga's body. And then it turns out that Oga got his body back at that very moment.
- Chapter 123: Mr. Takahashi, a perfectly average school teacher, freaking out over the brain-melting quirks of his "class", the Pillar Squad.
- Also in this chapter a captured Hilda asks Behemoth what he's planning to do with her. He responds, in what is a serious situation, "Well, tits". When telling Hilda that he fired En's wet nurses he tells her that "Right now, the Master is longing for tits". He then asks Hilda that he hopes "You'd become our Master's tits"; to which she drop kicks him in the face with stilettos.
- Everything about the second proceedings of Oga's trippy courtroom nightmare in Chapter 124.
- The possessed Creepy Dolls turn out to be Too Dumb to Live. Note that the Chief used the Forbidden Secret Art on herself.
- Suiten getting raging drunk, tearing up the place while complaining about how Zenjuro doesn't love her, and spiking Aoi's drink with vodka. Oga just sits there looking terrified the whole time.
- Takayuki Furuichi, struggling along the rugged road of a true general...
- Tojo randomly showing up asleep in a closet at Akuma Academy. It's heavily implied that he helped build the place as one of his part-time jobs. And none of the demons ever noticed him.
- Tojo then comes in to help with a challenge...a SUDOKU challenge. Needless to say, it fails.
Quetzalcoatl: [talking about sudoku] ...And he died before I even managed to finish my explanation.
- "WOULD YOU FUCKING DIE ALREADY" KICK!
- Poor Zen-sensei trying to explain to Tojo that he fought actual demons. Tojo's utter thick headed nature almost makes you feel sorry for him.
- "What's an extenuating circumstance?"
- Later in the same chapter, Oga is talking about what a useless, stupid bastard Furuichi is, while Furuichi is standing right there next to him.
Furuichi: Aren't you supposed to talk about me behind my back?!
- Maximum Boiling Point Reached: Tatsumi Oga ran for his life. IYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
- Chapter 140: "Wife? You mean that red liquid the French are known for?"
- When Hilda asks if she should really get her memory back when she's so happy now, Oga gives a true gamer's response.
- How to cure Hilda's amnesia? A True Love's Kiss. When everyone found out:
- Aoi's embarrassment on hearing this causes a small nuclear explosion.
- Oga knows the secret of easy parenting — passing the annoying parts onto someone else.
Hilda: Tatsumi, horsey.
Oga: Alright. Furuichi, horsey.
- Episode 54, especially when the Demon King visits the Human World and hangs out with Oga's dad.
- Episode 55 in its entirety.
- Kanzaki's epic rock skipping match against Oga ends badly when he hits a fish.
- Also, Furuichi's thoughts on the fight between Hilda and Futaba, with Baby Beel trying to play peacemaker;
Narrator: At that moment, Furuichi saw... Beel is caught between a jealous wife, and an overbearing mother.
- Chapter 146 just keeps getting crazier and crazier, with plenty of slamming against the fourth wall while the characters ask themselves what the hell is going on. Barely anything important manages to happen, but there's comedy gold on every page.
- Tojo's definitely not excited to be going on the Okinawa field trip.
- A new child-rearing badass named Aiba meets Oga the B.O.B. Brawler and Hilarity Ensues.
- Chapter 149: A new Running Gag in this chapter alone, Tojo appearing whenever someone says words sounding like "Chinsukou ", holding up a box of candy.
- Tojo tries to trade said candy for Futaba when he sees her in the clutches of another delinquent and mistakes her for a rabbit.
- And a Genre Savvy Furuichi getting a bad feeling that he's missing out on some "exciting" things because he has diarrhea.
- Three of the Red Tails invite Hilda to the baths to give Aoi time with Oga, and the last panel of the chapter is all three of them suffering A-Cup Angst.
- Episode 60: In an anime-only moment, the Demon King decides to amass a huge army so that he can destroy the human world personally, but then quits, as expected from him. The entire army facefaults!
- Chiyo and Futaba getting into a miniature Cat Fight over who Beel likes more. With dramatic dolphins!
- Earlier, Natsume and Kanzaki almost threw Furuichi to the sharks because Furuichi got upset that Natsume was playing the Straight Man.
- Aiba's Anti-Climax rejection of Tojo challenging him to a fight.
- Himekawa vs Kamiya and his Mooks, especially when he drops Kamiya off the roof.
Kamiya-san, are you alright? Mook 2:
Thank God, it looks gag-like
- Chapter 153: The pre-fight banter between the Tohoshiki and Aizo.
- Oga not reading the atmosphere when Aiba comes to challenge the leader of Ishiyama. note
- Chapter 154: Tojo breaking the Inner Monologue. Much to Kanzaki's annoyance.
- During Oga's fight against Aizo, both Aoi and Oga realize just why Aizo was so freakishly strong. Oga's pointed look at Aoi and her subsequent reaction is hilarious.
Koma: "Nufufufu, Aoi, how dare you flush me down the toilet?! In return, I'll defeat Oga, and have you end up with this playboy! Prepare yourself!!"
Oga: *realizes who it is* ... *turns and gives Kunieda a questioning look*
Kunieda: ....... *sweatdrops*
- The class trip picture in Chapter 155: Furuichi tries to get in.
- The Demon King's letter to Hilda about the toy car he's sent Beel. He rambles on about bingo before getting a peanut stuck in his nose.
- Also this exchange after Beel drives off, meaning he and Oga are separated by more than 15 metres.
- Since they're both babysitting, Aoi invites Oga to go to Ishiyama Land with her. He refuses, Furuichi kicks him in the face, and this happens.
Oga: That hur—No, that didn't hurt at all. Kinda sad, Furuichi.
Furuichi: Shut the hell up, and forget about my attack power!
- The Rice Boy liveshow kicks off with Beel electrocuting the actors and forcing Oga, Kanzaki, and Aoi to take part, then Tojo puts his mask on backwards and completely butchers his lines, and then it all gets ten times more absurd when Behemoth joins in and turns it into an all out battle.
- Chapter 160: The Demon King finally sends a video message. Unfortunately, it doesn't show his face; Oga and Furuichi get a close-up of his crotch for the whole thing instead.
- Furuichi's reaction to the story of how Himekawa and Kugayama met.
- Chapter 164: Oga meets Tamapochi, the demon responsible for creating an insanity virus that has killed hundreds in the past. Then it turns out she fell asleep waiting. Then she pees herself.
- "I know what you mean. When I was asked to chose between shoulder pads and an iPad, I chose the shoulder pads... Nah, definitely iPad!"
- In order to get the giant Demon's Portrait out, Oga has to break through the basement ceiling and the "Four Martial Masters" of the rich school challenge him. Hilda easily defeats them by herself, without even killing them.
Seriously, what are those guys?! They can't be human!
A monster married couple. Furuichi:
They're demons. Tatsuya:
You won't last if you're surprised at every little thing they do. They completely destroyed our school twice. Furuichi:
They disintegrated that mansion, too.
- Episode 13: Ishiyama High students hate studying 180% — so imagine their shock when they get an ability assessment test. The students are so stupid that even Oga is stunned. "Good Night" Shimokawa couldn't even spell his trademark Catch Phrase, and one student even cheated on filling in his name during the test; and the worst part was that the test was on elementary school subjects. At the same time, Oga was in a pinch during Beel's assessment test and was going to dump him off the smartest guy in the school-meaning the guy who got the highest score on the test. Luckily, he managed to pass that assessment test anyway because it turns out the smartest person at Ishiyama High was Furuichi. In all likelihood the smartest was probably Himekawa, but he cheated on the test by taping money to his paper as a bribe.
- When Furuichi and Oga first met, Oga couldn't remember Furuichi's name, so he called him Furuchin instead. Then he changed it to Furuchinkov, and then to Pirozhkiborshch.
Furuichi: Get on your knees and apologise to the Russians!
- Chapter 176: Welcome back, amnesiac Hilda!
- A disguised Kunieda's reaction to seeing Hilda and Oga shopping together.
- "Santa is dead."
- Tojo taking his part time job as Mall Santa way too seriously.
- The boys are told that the "real" Santa will be showing up after an event.
Kanzaki: Is he strong?
Yuka: No, I don't know about his battle ability, but... is that important?
Himekawa: Of course it is!
Kanzaki: We're gonna take presents from him! Know thine enemy and know thine self, and win a hundred battles in a row!
Nene: So you're going to take them by force?
Chiaki: That's just highway robbery.
- Kanzaki and Yuka's tactics during the three-legged race, and later the Indirect Kiss contest.
- Oga happily Zebub Blasting the competition away.
- The Deliberation Guy.
- Azusa is given 'squirrel' as her topic for charades, while Nene is given 'poop'. While Nene agonises over how to demonstrate this for Furuichi, Azusa just blurts out the answer to Kazuya and gets them disqualified.
- When they're pitted against each other, Saotome reveals to Oga that he once groped Hilda's breasts.
Saotome: Really, they were amazing... world-changing.
Oga: You're gonna get killed.
- Chapter 188: First day back to Ishiyama High. Some things never change.
- What looks like the start of an epic four-way battle between Oga and the new students is interrupted when Nasubi's henchmen turn up... and say he's late to band practice.
The band leader shouldn't leave us hanging like that. Kamayama:
Weren't we supposed to finish 'Hare Hare Yukai'
My drums are crying.
- In Chapter 193, the gang want to officially decide who their leader is. By playing rock-paper-scissors. Every single one of them throws rock... except Baby Beel, who throws paper.
- Chapter 202 has several. There's Kanzaki discovering Misaki's temper, Oga's card game, and the whole explanation of the King's Crest.
- After Takamiya creates a power shift, the Tohoshinki and their friends end up at the school tennis courts. Natsume makes the best of it, while Oga and Tojo have an all out battle.
- And later Himekawa demonstrates just how easy Oga is to fool by tricking him out of a Big Damn Heroes moment.
Himekawa: [to Oga, surrounded by Takamiya's gang] You moron. I didn't betray you. I only did all this so I could get good intel on these guys, so stay out of my way.
Oga: Huh? You serious? W-well sorry about that. Let me get out of your way... [and he leaves]
Himekawa: So, as you can see, he's a total fool.
- By Chapter 217, it turns out Himekawa was telling the truth to Oga making it even funnier.
- The diagrams don't seem to be helping Oga understand, Saotome-sensei...
- Chapter 209 has Tojo pulling an epic Dynamic Entry during Takamiya and Oga's fight...in order to yell at them for destroying yet another of his construction projects. Then he proceeds to ask Furuichi's corpse if it's okay with being dead...
- The gang searching for the pieces of Furuichi's soul. Special points going to Tojo.
- A member of the Solomon Company reveals her demon, Cancer, a giant crab. Cue Beel and Oga's very enthusiastic shellfish hunt.
- To track the Solomon Company, Oga, Beel, Furuichi, and Hilda go to America. And it turns out Oga and Furuichi really don't speak English. Furuichi can manage some Engrish, but Oga's complete failure at the language results in him getting called "Mr. Fuck".
- Also Hilda riding on top of the semi truck, cool as a cucumber.
- Chapter 232. After explaining their evil plan the Solomon Company start to pat themselves on the back....unitl Johann reveals that Iris took Beel back thus ruining their plans leading to them freaking out.
- Forcas showing up as a human...with a Muumuu's round eyes. He later bonds with Furuichi over their love of tits and ass.
- The extra chapter reveals that Athrun, who has not been seen for a good long time, had stuck his foot down a bucket, tripped down a flight of stairs, and lost his memory. He is now in Doctor Forcas' care, having turned into a 3DS gamer...Talk about Badass Decay.