This is a movie directed by Lewis Schoenbrun. It takes place in a bizarre green screen world, where a scientist gets transformed into a bulky purple CGI humanoid. It must be seen to be disbelieved.
Review by Obscurus Lupa here
. Also showed up on an episode of Red Letter Media's Best of the Worst
The Amazing Bulk provides examples of the following tropes:
- Alliterative Name: Dr. Henry Howard.
- Bottomless Magazines: Ray and Lisa don't ever stop to reload their guns while they're trailing the Bulk. Of course, when Ray catches Henry lying shirtless in an alley, he's out of bullets.
- Chroma Key: The entire movie is like this, and not particularly well.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Hey, doesn't that spacecraft rhythmically inserting and removing a stick-shaped portion of itself into a hole in another spacecraft look sort of like something else? It's kind of subtle. Luckily, the filmmakers understood the audience would have difficulty comprehending this clever gag, so they made the scene go on for three minutes.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: If the Bulk so much as brushes against a car with his knee, it blows up.
- Going for the Big Scoop: A pair of news reporters in a helicopter fly down to get some pictures of the big purple thing rampaging throughout the city. The Bulk grabs their chopper and it blows up.
- Meaningful Name: Dr. Kantlove.
- The Mockbuster: To The Incredible Hulk. Kind of.
- Say My Name: Ray, after Lisa dies.
- Serial Numbers Filed Off
- Your Size May Vary: There is absolutely no coherency about the size of the Bulk.