Fan Fic / Alpha and Omega
Alpha and Omega
is a Neon Genesis Evangelion
/ Mass Effect
crossover fic written by Xed Alpha.
Set several years after the end of the Reaper War, when Evangelion Unit-01 from post-End of Evangelion, having been contained outside of spacetime for a couple of eternities re-enters the universe and crashes into the side of Omega. An Aria who has been exposed to paragon Shepard discovers a... slightly
older Shinji Ikari contained within. It doesn't take long until Citadel Council and other parties take notice. Then assassination attempts happen and people get kidnapped and things start to get more complicated. Needs a Better Description
This fic, while not originally intending to, eventually ended up being somewhat of a romance
. Takes a little bit to get into, but is a fun read either way. Just a placeholder for now, but add tropes as you spot 'em.
See Character Sheet here.
This work provides examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: In keeping with the Rebuild Universe, Misato is a downplayed case of this, becoming a Knight Templar who, while morally conflicted over the decisions she's made, has effectively become as bad a parent to Shinji as Gendo is. Gendo, meanwhile, is even worse, as unlike his original incarnation, he refuses to acknowledge the wrongness of his Assimilation Plot when confronted by Yui, and descends further into madness and obsession as Book 2 progresses.
- A Tragedy of Impulsiveness: WILLE's preventive measures to make sure Tevos isn't a threat nearly kill her.
- Accidental Proposal: Shinji asks Aria to be his bond mate without realizing it's the equivalent of marriage.
- After the End: In both cases, an extreme one in Shinji's case...
- Third case comes up at the end of the first part when Shinji and Tevos are thrown into Rebuild-verse.
- A God Am I: The Triumvirate of Leviathans seem to believe so. Shinji proceeds points out that he was, got bored and asked if the lonely squids with ego problems would like an appointment as his Consort-schedule had a slot open at Tuesday. The Leviathans didn't like that.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: EDEN, though implied intended to be this way.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Asuka apparently made one before Shinji restarted the universe.
- Anti-Hero: Shinji, Aria, and their crew range all over the scale, but overall constitute a Type V, being Noble Demons dedicated to their self-interest, who nevertheless practice Pragmatic Villainy, and have very little interest in kicking dogs unless they really have to.
- Anti-Villain: In Book 2, WILLE are a solid Type III, trying their damnedest to save the world, but having gotten ruthless enough to screw over one of the children they shanghaied into the war, and paranoid enough to make enemies out of people who initially just wanted to go home.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Ritsuko finds it incredibly unlikely that Shinji has all of Yui's knowledge, remarking on it being "one in a billion" that it could happen without him being left as a vegetable. Misato asks if it's less likely than a second Shinji appearing out of the sky with a blue alien.]]
- Arson, Murder, and Admiration: How Aria sums up Shinji's situation after he's kidnapped by a Spectre.
Aria: "So... he nearly cut a Spectre's throat, stole her weapon, and then took two of the most influential Asari in the galaxy hostage at gunpoint. You know, I can't help but feel slightly proud..."
- Assimilation Plot: Gendo and Fuyutsuki are still at it in Rebuild-verse.
- Badass Boast: Shinji makes one to a Leviathan.
Leviathan: "WHO ARE YOU TO STAND BEFORE US, TINY ONE?"
Shinji: "I am Lilim, the last Angel. I am also Adam and Lilith, the first Angels. I represent the beginning and end of all things as well as everything that came between. Who are you... to stand before me?"
- Bait and Switch: The ENTIRE SEQUEL is this.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Shinji is still the nice, unassuming guy he was in canon, even after becoming engaged to Aria T'loak. He also uses cryo rounds in shootouts because it doesn't smell as bad as incendiary rounds and makes for a less messy clean up if you get to the bodies before the ice melts. Aria is slightly unnerved by his reasoning.
- Big Bad: In Book 1, The Leviathans. Rebuild!Gendo picks up the slack in Book 2.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Reapers, including Harbinger, do this under the control of Shepard
- Blood Knight: Leeroy Jenkins is more interested in fighting Asuka than actually beating her.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: What does Shinji do when faced with a couple dozen soldiers all pointing guns at him? Ask what's up with all the cool hats and if Rei has one too.
- Character Development: After getting "The Reason You Suck" Speech from Rebuild!Shinji and EDEN regarding her self-serving excuses, Misato starts to grow out of her Knight Templar behaviour and make efforts to connect with Shinji again. By the time Shinji recovers from the injuries gained from saving her from a hijacked android, she's wholly averted the I Have No Son treatment he got in 3.0, and makes efforts to be a better guardian to him.
- Clothes Make the Legend: Shinji is given a male variant of Aria's Iconic Outfit (namely, the jacket is a full one and has coattails) as way of telling everyone that he's hers.
- Cool Airship: AAA WUNDER in Rebuild-verse, of course.
- Cool Hat: Shinji notes that everyone on WUNDER seems to have one.
- Cool Starship: The Normandy (of course), Aria's Elbrus and later on, Shinji's Normandy-Class (Ayanami variant) Thunder Child.
- Cosmic Plaything: Finally averted with Shinji, who manages to take a level in badass, and get some luck in his life. Rebuild!Shinji plays this very straight though, as following on from 3.0, he gets dragged by Asuka back to the Wunder, barely lucid enough to learn that there's another Shinji running around, and finally comes face to face with an older, badass version of him after being shoved in a cell with Rei!Q while Misato recovers from her injuries. He finally gets out of his funk after ME!Shinji manages to convince him that the preceding events were at least not entirely his fault, despite WILLE's opinion to the contrary, and he manages to get enough a spine to tell off WILLE and Misato, for being hypocrital Entitled Bastards. He even manages to get Misato to open up, after her previous frigidity. Then he gets his entrails torn out by a hijacked android after shoving Misato out of the line of fire, and survives only to wake up in another universe several months later, to find out that his home planet has been dragged to the ME Universe, pristine, but blocked off by the Citadel Council. Thankfully, things get better for him.
- Crapsack World: Book 2 takes place in the Rebuild Universe, with the implications that aside from the WILLE Fleet and NERV headquarters, the world has been so battered and savaged that life can no longer exist on its surface. In Chapter 13, Shinji uses EVA-13 to undo most of the damager and bring mankind back, and dimension jump the planet through to the Mass Effect Universe, but given the open warfare between WILLE and NERV, it's still leagues away from A World Half Full.
- Crash-Into Hello: A rather extreme variant. Unit-01 comes out of the Dirac Sea and crashes into Omega at the beginning of the story.
- Cunning Linguist: Tevos speaks eleven Earth languages. It would be twelve but her pronunciation of Korean is still rather stiff.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Aria and her men against WILLE, especially when Maya tries to tackle Aria. Aria doesn't even move except to turn her head and irritably tell Maya to get off.
- Damsel in Distress: Averted when a Leviathan attempted to take Aria as a persuasion tool to get Shinji to join them.
- Shinji became one for Ariato rescue in Part 2 after WUNDER's crew (read: Akagi) had thrown him in the brig after saving them.
- Dating Catwoman: Possibly the basis of the entire fic. It's Shinji Ikari and Aria T'Loak, possibly doubles as a Crack Pairing, but somehow works out pretty good.
- Deadpan Snarker: Shinji's response to Aria asking if he's a lightweight is to remark that he wouldn't know given that he grew up outside of time... there wasn't a bar.
- Deal with the Devil: Due to the Citadel forming a blockade between the Rebuild!Earth and the rest of the Mass Effect Galaxy, the only way Misato and Rebuild!Shinji can get back home is by cutting a deal with Hackett. The price for entry? One EVA unit for Alliance research. Misato is understandably hesitant, given what the EVAs have done to her world, but goes through with it, figuring that if Hackett wants to shoot himself in the foot with the tech, that's his business.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Shinji does this, granted with Unit 01 but still, when a Leviathan hovers over the Afterlife and tries to nab Aria to be their Damsel in Distress
- Don't Make Me Destroy You: When gathering the supplies he needs to heal Councilor Tevos, Shinji warns Misato that he's perfectly willing to end things without any more violence. He's also perfectly willing to kill every last one of them to save Tevos.
- Soon after Shinji offers the same chance to the soldiers waiting for him.
- The Dragon: Jona Sederis to Leviathans
- You could say Shinji is to Aria, from a... certain perspective.
- Dropping the Bombshell: After Shinji's kidnapped, brought to the Citadel, and told that he can't be allowed to leave in Aria's company, Tevos asks what he intends to do now. Shinji responds that he intends to take her hostage, make her bring him to a ship that'll take him back to Omega, and then have a light lunch followed by a nap. Tevos thinks he's trying to be funny until he reveals he stole Tisala's gun.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Aria doesn't allow slavery, organ trafficking, or biochemical weapon trading on Omega.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: When Shinji starts rambling about all the different signs that the Asari were genetically modified, Aria asks how he could possibly know all that. Shinji's in the middle of explaining how he has a doctorate in evolutionary biology and three PhDs when he remembers that he never finished high school, which is how he learned Yui uploaded all of her knowledge into him.
- Eye Scream: Shinji's way of disposing Jona Sederis for good.
- Fantastic Arousal: When Shinji takes Councilor Tevos hostage, he pokes her in the small of her back with a gun whenever she stops walking. Eventually she angrily snaps at him for his "molestation", causing him to remember that spot is a major erogenous zone on Asari.
- Foil: It's not commented on, but Aria and Rebuild!Misato could be seen as one to the other. Both are Badass Iron Ladies in charge of a fleet, both have a relationship with a Shinji Ikari, and both are something of a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. However, Misato is an outwardly Stoic, but internally conflicted Knight Templar, presumably working with legal backing given her disdain for criminals, who keeps an emotional distance from her crew, and has a currently strained relationship with her Shinji despite the two having once been close. Contrast with Aria, a ruthless, yet stable and personable Noble Demon, a Space Pirate who is feared by the law abiding galaxy at large, and despite being strangers initially, ends up in a very intense and happy relationship with her Shinji.
- Gargle Blaster: Noverian rum is completely non-alcoholic until it comes into contact with saliva. Then it ferments rapidly. Shinji insists it's some kind of chemical weapon then asks for another.
- Grey and Gray Morality: The first half of Book 2 devolves into Aria and her crew, a cast of openly self-interested Space Pirates who nevertheless have some limits, and just want their crew member and the Council delegate safe and hound, versus WILLE, an organisation dedicated to saving what's left of the world, but who's standards have so thoroughly dropped in the fourteen years of warfare that they prove willing to scapegoat a traumatised fourteen year old for their screw ups, very nearly kill an alien due to a ill used security measure, and outright knock out and detain the man who saved their commander for being one of the species they used to fight.
- Black and Grey Morality: After Aria comes out on top, the two effectively team up to take on Gendo Ikari, who's still at his Assimilation Plot in the Rebuild universe
- Morality Kitchen Sink: After Rebuild!Earth is dragged through to the Mass Effect Universe, everyone's got their own agenda, between the Citadel boarding off the planet out of the legitimate fear of the Evangelions, to Hackett trying to procure a unit so that the Alliance can prepare for future threats. Bout the only thing everyone agrees on is that Gendo needs to go.
- Heel–Face Turn: Fuyutsuki cuts his losses with NERV, and ditches Gendo for WILLE, who, being the jackass he is, takes it about as well as you expect.Justified in that his main goal, Yui's resurrection, has been achieved, and Gendo has become really batshit in the aftermath.
- Humanoid Abomination: Shinji's long term hibernation within EVA Unit 01 has effectively turned him into an Angel-Human Hybrid, being able to use some of their powers in the process. The residents of the Mass Effect universe hardly mind, but it gets him into a heap of trouble with the WILLE crew when they find out.
- How Unscientific!: Shinji's reaction when Ritsuko insists he couldn't have been an Eva pilot because he hasn't suffered the "Curse of Eva" (halted aging).
- The Hypocrite: In spite of their good intentions, Misato, and WILLE in general, have this issue. Case in point, Misato attempts to shame Shinji for killing several of her men to save Tevos, despite the fact that 3.0 makes it clear that she has a We Have Reserves policy in regards to her own crew, and that Shinji flat out tried to resolve the situation peacefully. Hell, when she gets pissed over the fact that she's working under criminals, Shinji points out that her theft of the Wunder from SEELE makes her no better than Aria. It takes EDEN and Rebuild!Shinji calling her out to get out of this mindset.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: After Tisala starts working for Aria again, Shinji learns that either she was really out of shape when they fought or she was seriously holding back.
- Impossible Theft: Kasumi will often perform an Inverted Trope where she lines other characters' pockets with stolen goods without them noticing.
- Indy Ploy: Shinji openly admits he usually makes things up as he goes along.
- Ironic Echo: In Rebuild 3.0, Shinji woke up to find himself in an unknown environment, where he's denied his status as Eva pilot by a considerably icier Misato. Upon recovering from her injuries in Book 2, Misato wakes up to find her organisation under control of pirates, herself stripped of any authority, and finds herself face to face with an android version of herself. When she bitterly exclaims that she feels her world's been turned upside down, and that she's facing a soulless version of herself, EDEN amusingly notes that that was ROE!Shinji's exact response.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: When hired by Aria and Shinji, Kasumi steals pretty much everything she finds while working. And when she can't carry anymore, she starts lining the other characters' pockets.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: In the sequel Ritsuko claims Shinji doesn't know anything important about Councilor Tevos' situation even though, given that Shinji's the only one who even knows her species, he clearly knows more about Tevos than anyone else present. Though Ritsuko doesn't know that Shinji also has a medical doctorate from his mother's memories and has studied Asari physiology.
- Last of His Kind: Due to being far far older than the current universe, Shinji is the last Lilum.
- Machiavelli Was Wrong: Aria has come to realize that ruling Omega through respect is better than through fear. It's less likely to result in betrayal for starters.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Younger Shinji joins Aria after his older alternate self points out that everyone in NERV and WILLE treats him like shit despite proving that they can't accomplish anything without him.
WILLE Bridge Bunny: "So you're on their side now!?"
Shinji: "Since when were any of you ever on my side?"
- Mood Whiplash: Shinji fries Jona's head with Eye Beams then starts cursing as it also fried his eyeball and wonders if that's why Angels were always so pissed off.
- Mugging the Monster: In Chapter 5 of Book 2, WILLE knock out Shinji after he reveals himself to be an Angel whilst saving their lives, with 6 and 7 implying that they would either kill him, or keep him under lock and key. Unknown to them, Aria and her crew had just entered their universe and witnessed everything. Aria retorts by launching a full scale invasion of the WILLE fleet, utterly thrashing them in the process.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Misato seems to be heading this way after both Young Shinji and EDEN call her out on how she and WILLE have treated Young Shinji.
- Mythology Gag: Because Shepard doesn't have a canonical gender, they're never referred to with a gender specific pronoun.
- Never My Fault: Subverted with Rebuild!Asuka. As much as she wants to blame Rebuild!Shinji for Fourth Impact, she internally realises in the aftermath that if she just talked things out with him instead of attacking, things might have worked out better.
- No Challenge Equals No Satisfaction: To make her understand how boring godhood is, Shinji asks Asuka if she'd enjoy playing a videogame where she can't be harmed and could destroy any enemy without pushing a button. True absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely; it makes you absolutely sick of it in a mere moment.
- No Sell: Between armor so advanced that "casual attire" can take a full clip of armor piercing rounds without a scratch and kinetic barriers, Shinji and the rest of Aria's crew can outright ignore small arms fire from WILLE.
- Not So Stoic: Misato spends much of Book 2 keeping her emotions bottled up, and only losing her shit when the situation gets really out of hand e.g. when Ritsuko's security measures get Tevos comatose and near death. Then Rebuild!Shinji saves her life from a hijacked EDEN, only for him to be degutted with EDEN's omnitool. We don't see much of her reaction then, but Rebuild!Shinji's coma recollections her being hysterical and screaming right afterwards.
- Not Worth Killing: EDEN's thoughts on Misato.
- Oh Crap!: Jona Sederis has one after she comments that all that matters with mercenaries in the end is who has the biggest gun, EDEN responds by activating Unit-01.
- Older Than They Look: All the Children in the sequel are in their late twenties but still look fourteen as a side-effect of piloting the Evas.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Joker starts getting concerned when EDI uses contractions and breaks regulations since she never does either. This turns out to be because EDEN's hacking of EDI caused their programming to get scrambled.
- In the sequel, Shinji realizes something is seriously wrong when no one in WILLE knows Tevos' name, meaning she wasn't in any condition to introduce herself.
- Multiple characters note Misato gave up too easily against Aria's forces. This is because she's been replaced with EDEN.
- Pet the Dog: Older Shinji offers to take his younger self back to Omega with him, or Earth, or wherever he wants to go. Rei too if she wants.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Aria halting all shipments of Eezo to Citadel space does more than just tell the Citadel not to screw with her. She also gets to charge again for all the canceled shipments and charge more due to the increased prices from the (short-lived) shortage.
- Shinji utilizes this when telling Aria about his recruitment of younger Shinji and Rei. In doing so, he's tripled the number of people loyal to her that can pilot Unit-01.
- Properly Paranoid: Deconstructed with WILLE, who's security measures to keep Tevos and Shinji in line, while admittedly understandable given the circumstances, end up incapacitating and nearly killing the former, and badly antagonising the latter. Later on, their efforts to quarantine Shinji for being an Angel end up antagonising Aria, and result in a chain of events ending with them being curb stomped and taken over by Shinji's far more advanced crew. In short, if WILLE had been less paranoid, and more willing to give the benefit of the doubt, a lot of Book 2 would have been avoided in their favour.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: EDEN gives one to Misato in the sequel.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Probably not a good idea to be on Shinji's bad side when this happens. Later EDEN also when she activates the Dummy Plug System.
- Right Behind Me: A heartwarming variation occurs when Shinji realizes that he accidentally asked Aria to marry him.
Shinji: "Even if... Even if I wasn't entirely sure, it doesn't matter."
EDEN: "And why is that?"
: "Because the question...still...stands
. And if she were
right here, EDEN
, I'd turn to her and say: 'Aria T'loak, will you be my bondmate! (beat
) And she is standing right behind me
, isn't she?"
- Running Gag: Every time Shinji bumps into a woman, he steals her gun.
- Sanity Slippage: By Book 2, Chapter 15, Gendo has gone from top of the world and on the verge of accomplishing his life goals, to a Paranoiac who's still obsessed with his Assimilation Plot after it's lost all meaning, given that his wife has come back from the Eva, and has made it extremely clear she disagrees with the plan. It gets so bad that Fuyutsuki jumps ship, and Gendo opts to drop an N2 mine on a refugee zone.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: The Council is worried that with the power of an Evangelion, Aria will become a threat to the Citadel and thus order Shinji kidnapped. In response, Aria orders all shipments of Eezo (which she supplies roughly 90% of) to Citadel space to be halted immediately and for any inquiries about her decision to be directed towards the Council.
- Sex God: Shinji due to his mother uploading all of her knowledge into his brain, including tantric massage. It helps that several of the women he's slept with as "The Shadow Consort" are Asari and he studied everything he could find on them, particularly physiology.
- Shout-Out: The Elbrus' cook's name is Leeroy Jenkins and he lives up to his name.
- Also to H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds Not only is Shinji's Ship named after the Thunder Child in said book, but Aria goes so far as to paraphrase it, implying their upcoming fight against WILLE will be 'bows and arrows against the lightning'. She wasn't entirely wrong, either And also, two chapters are literally named 'War of the Worlds', with each part using chapter names that are a shout out to the book.
- Space Pirates
Shinji: "Oh don't look so shocked. I mean, in all fairness, we are pirates after all."
Shinji: "Well, space pirates anyways. Didn't... that ever come up?"
Shinji: "...Space pirates?"
: "You know: Pirates, but... in space
- Spaceship Girl: This is essentially EDEN to a T. Basically a mecha ninja-Misato with even more extreme Mama Bear tendencies than normal. More-so after the android she's inhabiting gets destroyed, and she has to be retrofitted into a Token Mini-Moe body, ala Ghost in the Shell.
- Sudden Principled Stand: Tisala quits Spectre immediately after kidnapping Shinji and delivering him to the Citadel.
- Take a Third Option: When choosing between staying in the Rebuild universe to fight Gendo, running the risk of losing and be trapped there forever, and leaving for the Mass Effect universe, but abandoning the Rebuild!Earth and its people to their fate, Shinji instead chooses to Use EVA-13 to drag Earth through the Room of Gauf into the Mass Effect universe and undo all the damage the impacts have done to its surface, making Human Instrumentality Project a near impossibility. Ends up deconstructed however, as while this solves a lot of the problems they were facing, his mercenaries end up deserting out of anger that he risked their lives, and brought them into Citadel territory, the Citadel end up blocking off the planet out of fear of the Evas, and Gendo, against all reason, actually ramps up the pressure in a desperate attempt to see his plans through. In taking a third option, Shinji ends up out of freezer and into the fryer, to use the expression.
- Taught by Experience: Because Shinji's body is physically 18, he now has the right proportions to take advantage of all the knife fighting he did as an Eva pilot.
- Time Abyss: Shinji has been estimated to be 1.68 decillion years old (That's 33 zeroes. Or to put it another way, he's lived through over a trillion universes).
- Too Dumb to Live: Aria outright calls several mercenaries this for 1) thinking she didn't see their betrayal coming, and 2) believing she should rule through fear.
- Took a Level in Badass: Shinji's goes from a confused, scared and damaged 14 year old to someone perfectly capable of taking Citadel leaders hostage, and wiping out a trio of narcissistic, mind-controlling Eldritch Abominations. He even wins out against a troop of WILLE soldiers, with and without Mass Effect tech, whereas his former self barely survived the JSDF onslaught in End of Eva.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Due to her dealings with Paragon Shepard, Aria has started ruling Omega through respect instead of fear.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: WILLE is formed of several former NERV members who have really gotten bitter in the war against NERV and SEELE. Granted, most of them are clearly at worst Jerks With Hearts Of Gold, but it's jarring to see Maya go from being a sweet-natured Actual Pacifist to chewing out Shigeru and Makoto for chatting, and bitching at the doctor fixing her face for being one of the enemy.
- Troll: Removing Misato's and Ritsuko's access is necessary. Changing their official ranks to "Petty Officer Third Class in charge of swabbing the decks" and "Assistant Pencil Sharpener" is just for fun.
- Trolling Translator: Leeroy Jenkins.
- Try to Fit THAT on a Business Card!: Shinji hacks the MAGI and add himself as "Supreme Fleet Rear Admiral Commander Brigadier General Ikari".
- Underestimating Badassery: Three of the WILLE bridge bunnies think they can take Aria because they outnumber her three to one, completely ignoring that Aria is wearing the same clothing as Shinji (or rather, he's wearing the same clothing as her) which means their weapons won't do anything and she likely has access to the same high tech weaponry he does, though props to Aria for not even using said guns or armor, and instead beats them all barehanded, but then the fight was Aria T'Loak vs Maya Ibuki, Makoto Hyuuga and Aoba Shigeru. The outcome could only be what you expect.
- Verbal Backspace: When Shinji has taken Councilor Tevos hostage, Aria demands to know what's going on.
Aria: "Do you still have your Spectre clearance?"
: "Yes but I really shouldn't-" *Death Glare
from Aria* "-really shouldn't be worrying about that right now."
- Walking Spoiler: You can't read Book 2 without being spoiled on the events of Eva 3.0, as the story begins in the aftermath of the Fourth Impact at the end of the movie.
- Wants a Prize for Basic Decency: Right in the middle of receiving a well-deserved "The Reason You Suck" Speech from EDEN over her treatment of Young Shinji, Misato has the gall to mention she couldn't bring herself to detonate the choker. This only infuriates EDEN even further and Misato comes close to having her head sliced off via omniblade.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 11's end in the sequel hints that things are going to change, but it's nothing to prepare for Chapter 12.
- Wham Line: EDEN's response when Aria demands to know in three words or less what she's designed to be to Shinji.
EDEN: "Dummy Plug System."
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: Aria insists she doesn't have any friends. She has herself, people who want something from her, and she has Shinji but fuck if she knows what the last means.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Sakura, Maya, Makoto, and Shigeru don't get much mention after Chapter 9, after Aria's takeover of WILLE. Given that Shinji mentioned that he offloaded most of the original crew of the Wunder to the other ships, it's possible they were transferred, though the fic is ambiguous on the subject.
- Wretched Hive: Omega of course. Aria claims it holds the best and worst of the galaxy.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: When Shinji fights Tisala, the latter notices him glancing towards her gun and his omnitool and uses her biotics to knock the gun away. Shinji instead dives for the omnitool since it has an omniblade and he's far more experience with knives than pistols.
- Ritsuko confiscates Tevos' omnitool after Tevos starts throwing people around with her biotics, thinking it's an offensive function of the omnitool rather than a natural ability.