Alpha and Omega
is an Neon Genesis Evangelion
/ Mass Effect
crossover fic written by Xed Alpha.
Set several years after the end of the Reaper War, when Evangelion Unit-01 from post-End of Evangelion, having been contained outside of spacetime for a couple of eternities re-enters the universe and crashes into the side of Omega. An Aria who has been exposed to paragon Shepard discovers a... slightly
older Shinji Ikari contained within. It doesn't take long until Citadel Council and other parties take notice. Then assassination attempts happen and people get kidnapped and things start to get more complicated. Needs a Better Description
This fic, while not originally intending it, eventually ended up being somewhat of a romance
Takes a little bit to get into, but is a fun read either way. Just a placeholder for now, but add tropes as you spot 'em.
- After the End: In both cases, an extreme one in Shinji's case...
- Third case comes up at the end of the first part when Shinji and Tevos are thrown into Rebuild-verse.
- A God Am I: The Triumvirate of Leviathans seem to believe so. Shinji proceeds points out that he was, got bored and asked if the lonely squids with ego problems would like an appointment as his Consort-schedule had a slot open at Tuesday. The Leviathans didn't like that.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: EDEN, though implied intended to be this way.
- Assimilation Plot: Gendo and Fuyutsuki are still at it in Rebuild-verse.
- Cool Airship: AAA WUNDER in Rebuild-verse, of course.
- Cool Starship: The Normandy (of course), Aria's Elbrus and later on, Shinji's Normandy-Class (Ayanami variant) Thunder Child.
- Damsel in Distress: Averted when a Leviathan attempted to take Aria as a persuasion tool to get Shinji to join them.
- Shinji became one for Ariato rescue in Part 2 after WUNDER's crew (read: Akagi) had thrown him in the brig after saving them.
- Dating Catwoman: Possibly the basis of the entire fic. It's Shinji Ikari and Aria T'Loak, possibly doubles as a Crack Pairing, but somehow works out pretty good.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Shinji does this, granted with Unit 01 but still, when a Leviathan hovers over the Afterlife and tries to nab Aria to be their Damsel in Distress
- The Dragon: Jona Sederis to Leviathans
- You could say Shinji is to Aria, from a... certain perspective.
- Eye Scream: Shinji's way of disposing Jona Sederis for good.
- Oh Crap: Jona Sederis has one after she comments that all that matters with mercenaries in the end is who has the biggest gun, EDEN responds by activating Unit-01.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Misato seems to be heading this way after both Young Shinji and EDEN call her out on how she and WILLE have treated Young Shinji.
- Older Than They Look: The Asari, of course. And Shinji, who looks about 18 but is revealed in fact to be at least 1,680,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old by this point.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Probably not a good idea to be on Shinji's bad side when this happens. Later EDEN also when she activates the Dummy Plug System.
- Shout-Out: The Elbrus' cook's name is Leeroy Jenkins and he lives up to his name.
- Space Pirates
Shinji: "Oh don't look so shocked. I mean, in all fairness, we are pirates after all."
Shinji: "Well, space pirates anyways. Didn't... that ever come up?"
Shinji: "...Space pirates?"
: "You know: Pirates, but... in space
- Spaceship Girl: This is essentially EDEN to a T. Basically a mecha ninja-Misato with even more extreme Mama Bear tendencies than normal.
- Wants a Prize for Basic Decency: Right in the middle of receiving a well-deserved "The Reason You Suck" Speech from EDEN over her treatment of Young Shinji, Misato has the gall to mention she couldn't bring herself to detonate the choker. This only infuriates EDEN even further and Misato comes close to having her head sliced off via omniblade.