This is a character sheet for Weeds. It contains major unmarked spoilers for the whole series.
open/close all folders
The Botwin Family
Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker)Nancy is a widow who turns to drug dealing when she can't support her family on her own. Then things get worse...
- Cartwright Curse: If you marry Nancy you will die, simple as that.
- Even Evil Has Standards: She makes it clear that her product will never be sold to children.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Subverted. She keeps saying she wants a normal life for her family but does nothing to achieve it. In fact she plunges back into the drug life at the first opportunity whenever she's pushed away from it.
- Pornomancer: Sometimes, her life is like a gender-reversed Axe commercial. In season 7, she has sex with her old cell-mate, then has sex with her cell-mate's brother in the next room.
Silas BotwinNancy's eldest son.
- Big Brother Instinct: He really wants to protect his younger brothers.
- Happily Adopted: He finds out Judah isn't his biological father in season six, but his feelings for him don't change.
- Happily Married: The series finale shows him married to his high school girlfriend, Megan.
- High School Sweethearts: He dates Megan in series 1 when they are in high school. She's one year older than him.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Played straight, especially in later seasons. He's tired of their family drug business.
- Not So Different: Has more in common with his mother Nancy than he'd like to admit.
Shane Botwin (Alexander Gould)Nancy's second son.
Stevie Ray BotwinNancy's third son. Born during the series.
Andy BotwinNancy's brother in law.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He genuinely cares about his family and wants to help. He's just very bad at it.
Judah BotwinNancy's deceased husband.
- Posthumous Character: His death kicks off the series. His widow Nancy turns to selling weed to maintain their life standard.
Lenny BotwinAndy and Judah's father.
Celia HodesNancy's on-again, off-again Rich Bitch friend.
- Abusive Parent: Isabelle gets the worst of it. Celia's own mother was not mother of the year either.
- Butt Monkey: Getting cancer, going to prison, being openly hated by her kids. Things rarely go right for Celia. She'd be sympathetic if she weren't such a colossal Jerkass.
- Jerkass: Celia is a cunt, plain and simple. Yet she manages to be one of the show's most popular side characters.
- Put on a Bus: Never seen again after the fifth season. Word of God on the final episode commentary says that Celia went down to Mexico for a drug deal after Season 5 and was killed, however they didn't include it in the finale episode due to the darker tone.
- Smug Snake: Seems to believe she's better and smarter than everyone else, and by god, does it show.
- Took a Level in Kindness: When she thinks she's dying of cancer. When she learns otherwise, though, she returns to her horrible jerk ways.
Dean HodesCelia's husband. Works with Nancy and separates from Celia early on.
Isabelle HodesDean and Celia's daughter.
Quinn HodesDean and Celia's eldest daughter. Was dating Silas at the start of the series until her mother shipped her off the a reform school in Mexico.
Other Agrestic Residents
Doug WilsonNancy's accountant. Works with her selling drugs.
Sanjay PatelThe final member of Nancy's initial operation. Began the series harbouring a crush on Nancy only to come out as gay early in the third season.
Megan GravesSilas' deaf girlfriend and later wife.
Miscellaneous characters (seasons 1-3)
Conrad JamesNancy's supplier. Worked with her as a grower in series 2.
Heylia JamesConrad's aunt and Nancy's chief supplier.
Vaneeta JamesHeylia's daughter.
Sullivan GroffCorrupt real estate developer who had pursued Celia and Nancy at the same time.
U-TurnRival dealer who trained Nancy to be his enforcer.
MarvinU-Turn's overweight and incompetent enforcer.
Peter ScottsonDEA agent who Nancy married.
Valerie ScottsonPeter's ex-wife.
Kat WheelerAndy's mentally unstable ex-girlfriend.
Tara LindermanSilas's fundamentalist girlfriend.
ChessBiker who has a sketchy working relationship with Nancy.